KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » Top 10 Horror movies of all time? (MSN.com's recent list)

Top 10 Horror movies of all time? (MSN.com's recent list)
Started by: SaTsuJiN

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chico
chopper style

I haven't seen wrong turn, but I haven't heard good things about it.

BF is it possible to get irreversible on DVD?

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 08:49 AM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

Nevermind I went to amazon and they have it.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." --Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 08:54 AM
chico is currently offline Click here to Send chico a Private Message Find more posts by chico Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Have you seen that movie Chico? It's amazing..

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 08:57 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slayer
Horror Fan

I haven't seen it yet when it comes out on DVD i'll buy it!

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 10:06 AM
slayer is currently offline Click here to Send slayer a Private Message Find more posts by slayer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

well I thought wrong turn was one of the better 'next gen' horror flicks. For the most part it was 8 dollars well spent wink definately gonna snag it on dvd sometime this week (and 28 days later since people been saying how good it is, and I love the opening sequence from the trailer so..).

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 12:55 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

For the record......A Nightmare on Elm Street is not over rated. It was truly original and a great horror movie.

The Nightmare on Elm Street series is over rated.........nothing special at all about 2-7.........parts 3-6 actually seem like paradies of the first movie.

My top 10:

1. The Omen
2. Jaws
3. The Amityville Horror
4. Hellraiser
5. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
6. Night of the Living Dead
7. Psycho
8. The Last House on the Left
9. A Nightmare on Elm Street
10. 28 Days Later (best horror movie made in probably 15 years)

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 01:16 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dario Argento
Master of Horror

I think some of them are good choises, but I don't understand why films like Flesh for Frankenstein and Blood for Dracula never are mentioned on those lists, they are really good.
Of course The Shining should be there too, but I also think Dellamorte Dellamore should be there, it is one of the best horror movies in 10 years.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 01:33 PM
Dario Argento is currently offline Click here to Send Dario Argento a Private Message Find more posts by Dario Argento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

that list was damn good, here our mine seperated with the reasons

1Texas chainsaw massacre ------broke all the rules. perfection at its best
2.Night of the living dead-------Impact to horror industry, classic horror
3.Nightmare on elmstreet------Impact on horror industry
4.Rosemary's baby-----Use of pshycological horror
5.evil dead2-----The first great horror comedy mixture (personal fav)
6.Pshyco-----impact on horror industry
7.Hellraiser----Originality, it's achievment on breaking boudaries
8.Angel heart----personal fav
9.Dawn of the dead---Best zombie movie---classic horror
10 American werewolf in london-----best werewolf movie, one of only 2

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 03:20 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

I cant belive they chose Night of the living dead it's soooooooo bad

anyway heres my list

1.The Fog
2.The Thing (New One)
3.Freddy vs Jason
4.Friday The 13th Part7
5.JC Vampires2
6.JC Vampires
7.Blair Witch 1
8.Nightmare on elm street
9.Alone in the dark
10.Jaws

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 03:43 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Michael Myers 1
Restricted

Account Restricted

"They all Float, and when you die, you'll float too!"

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 08:14 PM
Michael Myers 1 is currently offline Click here to Send Michael Myers 1 a Private Message Find more posts by Michael Myers 1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
Have you seen that movie Chico? It's amazing..

Nope. i just ordered it though so wont be long!

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 08:17 PM
chico
chopper style

quote:
Originally posted by Michael Myers 1
try this one list of 10 scariest movies

Man I sure didn't like that one, although Jaws is one I forget. I don't see what all the fuss is about The Others it seemed a bit lame to me. The Exorcist at number one....no way.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 08:22 PM
Michael Myers 1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 08:38 PM
Michael Myers 1 is currently offline Click here to Send Michael Myers 1 a Private Message Find more posts by Michael Myers 1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

i dont see jaws as a horror movie. I would see it as more thriller/suspense. The others wasa good movie, but without the ending is nothing

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 08:48 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

take out THE ring, bliarwitch, and the omen. with a few number changes and that would be a great list

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 08:52 PM
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

heres mine

1. Night of the Living Dead
2. Psycho
3. Return of the Living Dead
4. Dawn of the Dead
5. Red Dragon
6. Silence of the Lambs
7. Henry--Portrait of a Serial Killer
8. The Shining
9. Last House on the Left
10. Halloween (hard to choose the last one)

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 09:01 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

11. Headless Horsemen (russian horror movie) (not the exact title. the real title is in russian) (great movie. its black and white.)

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 09:02 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chico
chopper style

man I feel so bad for leaving the shining out now sad

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 09:09 PM
Michael Myers 1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Halloween 10th? screw u mad stick out tongue eek!

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 10:08 PM
Striel
Delirious and Deluded

I totally disagree with that list. I own Suspira, and I will never understand why some people consider it to be one of the scariest movies of all time. There are two others on the list I have never heard of, so I can't judge if they are worthy of being on there or not. I don't think Psycho should be number 1.

www.theangrytruth.com

Old Post Oct 27th, 2003 10:17 PM
Striel is currently offline Click here to Send Striel a Private Message Find more posts by Striel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote