KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » NEWSFLASH: World Trade Centre hit by 2 Aircraft

NEWSFLASH: World Trade Centre hit by 2 Aircraft
Started by: Ratcat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KJ
Sausages

I'm amazed that there were no anti-air defences at the Pentagon.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2001 08:59 PM
KJ is currently offline Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, that accidental crash thing seems to have gone now; they were pretty certain that the crashed Pittsburgh plane was probably goig for Camp David after all.

Another building has just collpased near the crash area; thjey think more may follow.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 11th, 2001 09:00 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

They still hit the pentagon and that is not an easy target. It is not very elevated and you do need some skill to fly planes of that size. They might have been former fighter pilots.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2001 09:22 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yeah, the Pentagon would have been tricky; like I said it depdned on how much they wanted to leavt to chance.

Most likely scenario is that they had pilots; though Bin Laden's access to such people is questionable.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 11th, 2001 09:25 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

No it aint, there are numerous of countries who have educated pilots with no planes to fly. Like Iraq, many pilots few planes.
He can easyly draft comercial airline pilots with strong religious ties. Remember the Egyptian plane that crashed outside , I think it was Nova Scotia. The pilot desided to comitt suicide to meet Allah so he took the entire plane with passanger and crashed it. Fundamentalist pilots around the world picked up by Bin Ladens network and he has the means to pick them up.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2001 09:37 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, there is a lot of speculation about what links he has made to do this if he did. We'll see.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 11th, 2001 09:39 PM
LaurenE147
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've just gotten home from school and it's all anyone talked about. No work was done and when we were watching all this in the classrooms a lot of people were holding back tears. I'm honestly terrified. If we go to war and if (this is a strong if here) they call in the draft, I'm scared to death that my brothers will have to go. They've been replaying the tapes of the buildings collapsing and the plane hitting them and it's absolutely terrifying to watch. Oh no, another building has collapsed. This is unbelievable. This is the kind of stuff that happens in history books which sounds kind of stupid but I know what I mean. This is gonna be one of those things that my kids and grandkids are going to ask me about the way that I ask my grandparents about WW2. This is impossible. My heart goes out to the families of the people who've been killed. Dear Lord, we actually broke the law and prayed in class today.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2001 09:43 PM
LaurenE147 is currently offline Click here to Send LaurenE147 a Private Message Find more posts by LaurenE147 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Hey, don't panic. It;s very early days yet and we don't even know if there is anyone to go to war WITH yet. Not in the traiditonal sense.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 11th, 2001 09:45 PM
Dim
Creativity

I think we're jumping the gun here...For one thing there's no country to go to war against..(most likely) And even if we do we will most likely use volunteer reserves to supplement our armed forces like we did in the Gulf War.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2001 09:48 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Whilst I feel there is no reasonable doubt that action must be taken, I believe Dim is correct in her assessment.

Right now no one knows who is responsible. Clearly Bin Laden is the number one candidate here, but until there has been some investigation and solid proof can be ascertained it would be fool hardy, to say the least, for anyone to launch an retaliatory attack right now.

As Dim also said, it took the combined Allied Forces of the US, Great Britain and many other nations to quell the Gulf crisis.

Unfortunately we are in a situation where the extremist elements of the Middle East have a lot of people willing to die for there cause, far more than could be mobilised by any nation in the west on their own.

For now it is a time for reflection, investigation and understanding. The time for retaliation will come later, once we have a target to retaliate against.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2001 10:03 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes indeed. There's a lot of building to be done right now. It's a mistake to start blaming anyone at any stage of the line.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 11th, 2001 10:06 PM
Edna Witch
Magic

I was listening to it all day on the radio at work. And when you sit in a ticket office on your own all day with absolutely nothing to do, it really plays on your mind.

I think the thing that god me most mad was when I was driving home and I was listening to the sounds of the palestinians rejoicing in the streets. Geez! Do they have no consciences? No respect for thousands of innocent people who lost their lives and the families and friends that morn for them? Not to mention the families of those people stil not accounted for. It must be hell. And they are rejoicing! Sick! Absolutley sick. They were innocent. Nobody deserved this and for people to be joyous about it is just inconceivable and makes me furious!

"This Party's Over" -Mace Windu, epII

Old Post Sep 11th, 2001 10:07 PM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yah, and like I said there's been a lot of anti-US sentiment on the net as well; horrible stuff.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 11th, 2001 10:11 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, I am hearing rumours that the US has started hitting Kabul already. Is this true?

BtVS

Old Post Sep 11th, 2001 10:13 PM
Edna Witch
Magic

I don't even want to think about it. The idea that some poeple have that little respect for human life and for the feeling of other people, regardless of race or nation, just makes me shudder. The idea that people like that are all around us is a very disturbing thought indeed!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2001 10:14 PM
Edna Witch is currently offline Click here to Send Edna Witch a Private Message Find more posts by Edna Witch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Whilst I absolutely DO NOT agree with the actions or beliefs of the Palestinians, I can see where they are coming from with their celebrations.

When the Allied Forces triumphed in the Gulf, we all congratulated ourselves on who great we were as nations, this is the same kind of view that the Palestinian are expressing of themselves now.

I am sure that the supporters of Saddam Hussien in Iraq felt the same was about as us then as we do now about the Palistians.

Yes, for us it is sickening, but fopr the General public they are celebrating what they see as their moral victory.

But the bottom line is that 100o's of people have died today just because they went to work ot happened to be on a plane, that is NOT right.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2001 10:16 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Damn it, I can;'t find out. HAVE the US struck back already?

BtVS

Old Post Sep 11th, 2001 10:19 PM
Edna Witch
Magic

But the difference is RC we were rejoicing about winning a war. hey are rejoicing over the sufering of hundreds if not thousands of innocent people at the hands of brutal terrorists. Maybe you don't see it, but I feel that is a huge difference and therefore do not see where they are coming from in that sense at all!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2001 10:20 PM
Ratcat

I agree wholeheartedly Edna, but to them this is a victory in a percieved holy war against the west.

Let me be clear; I am appalled and disgusted by their rejoicing, all I am saying is I can understand their reasoning for displaying joy even if I find it disgusting.

You are right that what they have done is wrong, Lord only knows I have said that enough times today, but in their version of the world and their version of right and wqrong they have just struck a victory.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2001 10:25 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes, it's the way theyt have been brought up snd the atmosphere out there. Palestinian feeling about the West is often near hysterical.

It's a disgusting sight, but the problem here is the people who twisted them to think this way, not the poor sods who know no better.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 11th, 2001 10:27 PM