KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Qui-Gonn

Qui-Gonn
Started by: LaurenE147

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LaurenE147
Restricted

Account Restricted

Qui-Gonn

Does anybody know who trained Qui-Gonn?

Old Post Sep 15th, 2001 10:21 PM
Click here to Send LaurenE147 a Private Message Find more posts by LaurenE147 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, there's nothing canonical about it, though I believe the EU has had something to say.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 15th, 2001 10:44 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

We may learn about it in EPII, I would go for Yoda.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2001 09:15 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

No, I read it somewhere; try sw.com database; the thing I know is that QGJ trained someone of the Jedicouncil

Old Post Sep 16th, 2001 09:57 AM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KJ
Sausages

There are rumors that you'll find this out in AOTC.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2001 02:19 PM
Click here to Send KJ a Private Message Find more posts by KJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

It's not in the database, and I'm sure that I read it somewhere.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2001 03:32 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I trained Qui-Gon

Old Post Sep 26th, 2001 07:22 AM
Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

The thinking is that in AOTC we will discover that Dooku and QGJ worked closly together, now whether that was as Padawan and Master I don't know.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2001 08:00 AM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

QGJ met him on training and stuff; but Dooku isn't his master, I guess.
Should this be on the EpII section?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2001 01:01 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

On the basic idea that it is a thread about Qui-Gon, no.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 26th, 2001 05:26 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Else I would have moved it earlier.....!

When you're a mod yerssot, THEN you can make that determination.

Anyway, As to the relationship between QGJ abd Dooku, it is all supposition right now as far as movies go.

We don't even know if QGJ will be seen in a small Episode-II appearance, despite some indications that we may.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2001 10:43 PM
Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

To me, it's better now knowing where Qui-Gon came from. It makes it much more mysterious. We don't know anything about the guy, just that he was well respected by the Council, master of the legendary Obi-wan, and he was a rebel.

We don't know how he got there, but we saw him die at the hand of Maul. So he was the first Jedi killed in the entire thing; which doesn't end until the student he found to save everyone dies.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 03:43 AM
Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I guess that Dooku wants to intimidate OBI by saying that thing

Old Post Sep 27th, 2001 03:16 PM
Tex
Yumsz

Who trained Yoda?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2001 04:34 PM
Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sand person no. 10
where are the other nine

perhaps dooku training qgj will be the expected plot twist from aotc, perhaps he uses this to defeat ob1 and anakin, i.e. "i know who trained you and so i know how to defeat you" sort of thing. obviously by me saying this it is no longer a plot twist, damn it!

Old Post Sep 29th, 2001 12:58 AM
Click here to Send sand person no. 10 a Private Message Find more posts by sand person no. 10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Somehow, I don't see Dooku being dumb enough to make such a transparent threat.

BtVS

Old Post Sep 29th, 2001 04:07 AM
yerssot

It won't be a that big threat (guess what now I wrote it right!)
because everyone has different styles and accents on the training, so you can teach someone but he won't be a perfect replica of you so Dooku can't know what the weakness of OB1 is

Old Post Sep 29th, 2001 10:59 AM
LaurenE147
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Dooku thing sounds good to me. I've been questioning QGJ's loyalty to the Coucil, but I could be waaaaay off. It would make a good plot twist.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2001 03:20 PM
Click here to Send LaurenE147 a Private Message Find more posts by LaurenE147 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

What about that?

Old Post Sep 29th, 2001 03:32 PM
LaurenE147
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've heard some rumors about QGJ being evil, and I thought it was interesting. There's no base behind it at all though.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2001 04:03 PM