KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Love

Love
Started by: baktash

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
big gay kirk

Falling in love is a mating instinct.... Love is a herd-protection instinct... nothing more and nothing less.... If I fall in love with someone I know I will never have a "proper" relationship with them... I never fell in love with my ex-wife, even though (at the time ) I loved her... i have fallen in love four times in my whole life... the first time ended in schizophrenia, the second with rejection due to inaction, the third fizzled out because although (apparently) she felt the same she was too scared to do anything about it in case she ended up hurt, and the fourth... well, the less said the better, except that I very nearly lost a very good friend, and i'm really surprised that she still has any contact with me... so I now look at love in a purely scientific way.... its less complicated and easier t understand...

Old Post May 24th, 2004 10:11 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

Also, I think that we are all confused by the fact that the word "love " covers so many different things... theinuit have many words for love, with different words for "the love of a father for a daughter," "the love of a man for his wife," the love of a woman for her female friend," and so on... a lot easier for everyone....

Old Post May 24th, 2004 10:13 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emerald Maiden
Tamer of the Jade Tiger

I believe that love can be whatever we allow it to be. Love is different for each individual. Love can consume every thought, every breath if we let it. Love is what we make of it and who we make it with. I believe that love is the most precious gift that we have been given. It can can cause us so much pain at times, making us to believe that there is no other option, but to give up or look for it somewhere else. Yet, it is love, and our experiences with love that help us to grow and become more aware of what it is to us, allowing us to share it with those around us.

Old Post May 25th, 2004 01:22 AM
Emerald Maiden is currently offline Click here to Send Emerald Maiden a Private Message Find more posts by Emerald Maiden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Love is the most powerful emotion there is, it can lift you up higher than the sun and it can make you do things you could never do otherwise. It controls a lot of other feelings and will guide all your actions when you have it.

Without love the world is cold and dark.

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post May 25th, 2004 07:02 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Line
Sarkz

quote:
Originally posted by big gay kirk
Falling in love is a mating instinct.... Love is a herd-protection instinct... nothing more and nothing less....

Falling in love is also a projection. You project something from yourself unto another person, thus not really carring for that person as an individual, but as a part of yourself. Falling in love is actually a very selfish thing, where loving is something quite different.

Old Post May 26th, 2004 01:27 PM
Line is currently offline Click here to Send Line a Private Message Find more posts by Line Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

quote:
Originally posted by Line
Falling in love is actually a very selfish thing

The is no such thing as a selfless act. No matter what you do, there is always something in it for you. No matter how small that is, it is still more reasoning to do... whatever it is you did.

However, you made a very good point with Falling being Selfish and Loving being different.

Old Post May 26th, 2004 06:39 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Line
Sarkz

I agree, though this is a rather big subject which easily gets very very philosophical.
Still, I think there's a difference between a selfish act and an act that isn't selfless. Falling in love is a very personal 'project'. For the period of time you're in love, you see that beloved person as the ultimate truth about yourself. That person becomes the centre of your world. You desire this person, rarely for the person him/herself, but for what you see in him/her that reminds you of yourself or of something you'd wish you yourself had. Falling in love is therefore something concentrated almost solely about you, not the beloved, which is why I called it selfish. It's your project.
Another act may involve something which will benefit you, but still you're not completely blinded by a personal desire and can therefore see other people 'clearly', so to say, and act in a way that'll help or just please them, thus caring for their 'projects' as well.

Old Post May 27th, 2004 12:20 PM
Line is currently offline Click here to Send Line a Private Message Find more posts by Line Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScottsLover
I love Cyclops!

i dont get how 10-16 year olds go out with others...not like anything is going to happen in the future, like say marriage? im 14 and been asked out before but i refuse to say yes.

Old Post May 27th, 2004 09:35 PM
ScottsLover is currently offline Click here to Send ScottsLover a Private Message Find more posts by ScottsLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Line
Sarkz

Why? Even though you have no intentions of getting married, going out with someone can be an experience.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 12:47 PM
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

quote:
Originally posted by ScottsLover
i dont get how 10-16 year olds go out with others...not like anything is going to happen in the future, like say marriage? im 14 and been asked out before but i refuse to say yes.

It is the experience of a relationship. How can you be a 21 year old that wants to get married and have little to no experience in relationships and expect said marriage to be successful?

They are getting necessary relationship experience. Learning how it functions, and somewhat the effort that must be put forth.

Old Post May 28th, 2004 01:03 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Line
Sarkz

Indeed - and then of course it's good fun wink

Old Post May 28th, 2004 01:10 PM
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

That too! big grin

Old Post May 28th, 2004 01:12 PM
Cheeky monkey

Love is a *****

Old Post May 30th, 2004 08:15 PM
Cheeky monkey is currently offline Click here to Send Cheeky monkey a Private Message Find more posts by Cheeky monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Doesnt have to be

Old Post May 30th, 2004 08:17 PM
Line
Sarkz

quote:
Originally posted by Cheeky monkey
Love is a *****

You need to explain ...

Old Post May 31st, 2004 11:17 AM
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Love has received such a bad image over the last 20 years or so. There are far too many teenagers abusing the word love. Far too many couples getting divorced. The divorce rate is horrific.

Old Post May 31st, 2004 12:48 PM
Clovie

quote:
Originally posted by Line
You need to explain ...

in my opinion:

quote:
Originally posted by Cheeky monkey
Love is a *****

love is a b!tch. confused

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post May 31st, 2004 01:59 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fallen

love is a great feeling, but confusing as hell.

Old Post May 31st, 2004 02:13 PM
Fallen is currently offline Click here to Send Fallen a Private Message Find more posts by Fallen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

It is just too hard to accept that another person can whole-heartedly care for you.

There are too many risks involved, and it is very difficult to accept that another is willing to love you back.

Old Post May 31st, 2004 02:18 PM
Fallen

what happens if you're in love with someone you know you shouldn't be?

Old Post May 31st, 2004 02:20 PM
Fallen is currently offline Click here to Send Fallen a Private Message Find more posts by Fallen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote