KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » What happens after you die?

What happens after you die?
Started by: mailedbypostman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Complicated
but not really...

No, I don't. I feel really uncomfortable believing in things that cannot be proven.

I feel that the ideals and morals put forth by Christianity/Judaism were decided upon very logically, and I follow them rather closely. The only difference is that I treat others kindly not out of fear of Hell or longing for Heaven, but because I don't want to hurt anyone or see them suffering when I could help. smile

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle

Never eat more than you can lift. - Miss Piggy

You must be the change you wish to see in the world. - Mohandas Ghandi

Of what is great one must either be silent or speak with greatness. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 04:05 AM
Complicated is currently offline Click here to Send Complicated a Private Message Find more posts by Complicated Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

lemme ask you a hypothetical qustion (u dun have to answer if u dun wanna, but w\e) if you had some kind of vision of jesus christ, moses, god, etc., would you change your views of religion?

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 04:10 AM
NinthCorona is currently offline Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Force
Holy Hypocrits!

well there's only 1 answer, that we can answer 100% correctly, WE JUST DON'T KNOW, but i believe that there is a Heaven and a hell

Made by the awesome transforming Hegemon
Don't mess with The Force, because I ownz you. -The Force

Crazy Christian all over your candy arse.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 04:18 AM
The Force is currently offline Click here to Send The Force a Private Message Find more posts by The Force Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Complicated
but not really...

Well, I wouldn't, but it's really likely that I wouldn't. If they spoke Aramaic to me I'd likely revise my views, but I'd otherwise probably think of the "vision" as some sort of halucination or a type of schizophrenia - either being far more probable.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle

Never eat more than you can lift. - Miss Piggy

You must be the change you wish to see in the world. - Mohandas Ghandi

Of what is great one must either be silent or speak with greatness. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 04:18 AM
Complicated is currently offline Click here to Send Complicated a Private Message Find more posts by Complicated Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maximus_E.
Insane An' Enjoyin' It

To me when ya die you're jus' six feet under. I don't believe in a heaven or hell. I think there might be a higher power, but not likely

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 04:26 AM
Maximus_E. is currently offline Click here to Send Maximus_E. a Private Message Find more posts by Maximus_E. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NinthCorona

comp- you have really expanded my religious horizon beyond christianty
demon- i hope ur theory is wrong cus it wuld get really boring being a soul without a body on earth

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 04:38 AM
NinthCorona is currently offline Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

i think miracles and praying is all a load of shit. what has god ever done for me? nothing at all. (i dont want to get to personal)

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 04:44 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
regex_1

I am not religios or anything. Though many people I know are. And I was discussing it with my parents one time and my dad said that it may be true and it may be false, but if it is true do you want to spend an eterety in hell or heven. What is it gonna hurt for you to beleive. Know my dad is kinda religious but not like hard core or nothing. Though he does make a point. Even in all my scepticizm it is true, what does it hurt if you beleive or not. I mean I would rather take my chances and go to heven, if there is one, than to hell. Hell, it might even give someone meaning in their life. It is nothing more than playing the odds. If it is real then your good to go and if its not what have you lost.

[Ezekiel 25:17 among others]
Jules: The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 08:03 AM
regex_1 is currently offline Click here to Send regex_1 a Private Message Find more posts by regex_1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thorncrawler
very with the sexy W_E

i personally dont believe anything, i think that after you die your soul continues to go on, as in ghost's but not all scary like. for example my grandparents are always around, i haven't seen them but i know that they are there

@->--"victims arn't we all"
the glass may be half full but the bottles empty
i was with yumcarrots, now im with wicked_elphie

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 10:30 AM
thorncrawler is currently offline Click here to Send thorncrawler a Private Message Find more posts by thorncrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Friend44

(What happens after you die?)

thumb up You must present your amex or visa to St-Peter. Depending on your card limit you will have the cloud that you can buy. For every slice of a thousand dollars, you'll will have air-travel points. With these points you can also buy a "I don't have to go to boring mass this Sunday" cards.

More?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 01:12 PM
Friend44 is currently offline Click here to Send Friend44 a Private Message Find more posts by Friend44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Force
Holy Hypocrits!

quote:
Originally posted by KidRock
i think miracles and praying is all a load of shit. what has god ever done for me? nothing at all. (i dont want to get to personal)

no i've learned from experience that miracles are real, and prayer works yes

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 09:47 PM
The Force is currently offline Click here to Send The Force a Private Message Find more posts by The Force Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

haaaa no it really doesnt

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 10:30 PM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Force
Holy Hypocrits!

how can you say it doesn't, on what grounds can you say it doesn't? I'm not meaning to bash your opinions but i'm ready for an answer....

Old Post Nov 25th, 2003 11:11 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

If you believe in Heaven, then it would never get boring- else it would not by Heaven.

The process, as described, is not one Man can understand, but you would not get bored, that is a negative thing and that would not happen.

The whole point is that it is beyond understanding- hence the need for Faith. No point trying to logically dismiss the concept of Heaven- it was never a logically formed concept.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 01:02 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

When you die, depending on your privious life, you get re-incarnated!
And then you start life all over again...life is a suffering...thats the way it is....

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 01:06 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
johnnys#1 fan
SuperJohnnyFan

I beleive you will go to heaven or hell big grin

I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me..A day will come when the courage of men fail..when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship... but it is not this day..THIS DAY WE FIGHT!!!

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future"

I Love Johnny Depp love

loveIcan't carry it for you but i can carry youlove

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 01:18 AM
johnnys#1 fan is currently offline Click here to Send johnnys#1 fan a Private Message Find more posts by johnnys#1 fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

big grin

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 01:35 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beaujay1
!

I truly believe there is a God and it is He who brings us to Heaven and decides who goes to hell. It is too sad to think of nothingness forever. I could never believe that.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 01:46 AM
beaujay1 is currently offline Find more posts by beaujay1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beaujay1
!

God gave us life. That was the ultimate gift He gave us.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 01:48 AM
beaujay1 is currently offline Find more posts by beaujay1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Force
Holy Hypocrits!

Christian ahoy thumb up

Old Post Nov 26th, 2003 02:19 AM