KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What's your favorite kind of footgear?

What's your favorite kind of footgear?
Started by: HavocHound

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HavocHound

What's your favorite kind of footgear?

What do you wear on your feet most often? Do you go more for style or substance? What's your favorite material? What kind of soles do you like? What kind of heel do you like? What kind of toe do you like? Do like laces? What kind of laces? Or do you prefer buckles? How about harnesses? Or do you prefer sandals? How about flip-flops?

As for me, I wear Chippewah harness boots most of the time. I go more for substance than style. They're made out of my favorite boot material - black oil-tanned leather. They have Vibram soles, which are great for the outdoors. They have stack heels, which are one of my favorite types of heels, the other being Western heels (cowboy-style). They have square toes, also known as snip toes, also known as Q-toes. My other favorite type of toe is the J-toe (pointed cowboy-style). I'm not much for laces, I prefer pull-ons, buckles, or harnesses, though I don't mind laces if they're made tough. I don't like sandals or flip-flops. Come to think of it, I don't really like shoes either. I mostly only ever wear boots. I have two pair of steel-toed engineer boots - one pair of Brahmas and one pair of Herman Survivors. The Brahmas are trashed beyond repair. Both pair of engineer boots are 11" tall and have two buckles per boot. I have a pair of yellow/tan WorkForce lace-up work boots that I've had for a couple of years. They're pretty beat up and stained with grass and brake fluid. I use them as mowing boots. I had a pair of steel-toed black leather 15" lineman boots that I gave to a friend of mine a couple months ago. They were size 9-D and I wear 10-EE. I have a pair of brown leather squarish boots which I think are packers. I bought them from a friend who didn't wear them very often. I have a pair of steel-toed brown leather Iron Age boots (lower cut and darker than the squarish ones) with leather toe caps (I've never seen any others like them) that a friend of mine gave to me. I have one pair of white tennis shoes which I only wear in the summertime when I'm wearing shorts, but even then I usually wear boots. I have a pair of black cowboy boots that are two sizes too big (I got them at Goodwill for $15 - they seemed to fit when I tried them on). I have a terrific pair of Dingo X-harness slouch boots. They're black leather. They have a J-toe and a Western heel. They have pull-loops and deep scallops. And they have quasi-ornate removable adjustable harnesses. For those who don't know, slouch boots are a type of cowboy boots that have crushed leather shafts for a relaxed fit. I find that they're best worn outside your pants, though they can also be worn inside. And then there's my Chippewah harness boots. They're made of oil-tanned black leather and have nickel rings and rivets. They have reinforced square toes, stack heels, Vibram soles, pull-loops, and stovepipe shafts. They're about half-shin in height, so I sometimes call them "half-calfs" (that's my pet name for any boots of that height). They're size 10-EE. They're the right length and the right width, but there's a lot of depth to them. I have to use several layers of insoles for them to fit decently but it isn't too much of a problem. My Herman engineer boots are the same size and they fit perfectly, but then, they have built-in insoles. Still though, the Chippewahs are the most comfortable of all my boots.

What can I say? I'm a bootman! big grin

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 01:06 AM
HavocHound is currently offline Click here to Send HavocHound a Private Message Find more posts by HavocHound Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Someone has a foot fetish.

Around the house I like to wear socks, tennis shoes to school, dress shoes to church. This is a strange topic confused

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 03:38 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I wear shoes.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 05:51 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

HH have you ever heard the expression narrow it down?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 07:32 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

I live in my Nikes I'm afraid.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 08:06 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Addidas, Nike , Puma. In the winter Roots winter shoes or Catepillar

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 10:09 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

FLIP FLOPS!!!!! *flipflop flipflop flipflop flipflop flipflop flipflop flipflop flipflop flipflop flipflop flipflop flipflop flipflop flipflop flipflop flipflop flipflop flipflop flipflop *

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 01:07 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

What goes, "flip.....flip.....flip.....flip"?

A one legged man in flip flops! big grin

As far as the footwear goes, I always buy Adidas samba's. Usually blue with white or yellow three stripes. smokin'

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 01:31 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HavocHound

"HH have you ever heard the expression narrow it down?"

Okay. Narrow down what though? The one's I like? Alright. I like engineer boots and harness boots. In fact, I should probably design them.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 01:33 PM
HavocHound is currently offline Click here to Send HavocHound a Private Message Find more posts by HavocHound Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HavocHound

"This is a strange topic"

Even THIS is a strange topic? How so? I can't talk about firearms. I can't talk about politics. I can't talk about Jar Jar. Now you're telling me I can't even talk about boots?!

What can I talk about...this being the "general" forum and all? How about I talk about all the times I've seen engineer boots in movies? That will bring the subject closer to home.

Lots of characters from lots of movies have worn engineer boots, probably because other than being practical for everything, they just look damn cool. Mel Gibson wore them in the original Mad Max. He wore harness boots in The Road Warrior. And he wore one harness boot and one cowboy boot in Beyond Thunderdome. He also wore engineer boots in Payback. Arnold Schwartzenegger wore engineer boots in T2, harness boots in the original Terminator. Ben Stiller wore engineer boots in Mystery Men.

Get yourself a pair. You won't be disappointed. Here are a couple of sites from which you can order practically any kind of boots you want - engineer, harness, you name it!

[url]http://stompersboots.com
[url]http://boot.com

*EDIT: Those links don't work for some reason.

Last edited by HavocHound on Oct 31st, 2001 at 01:43 PM

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 01:40 PM
finti

No one said you cant talk about boots I just asked you a simple question. You dont have to write an essay to post what footgear you prefere. Dont get so defensive all the time.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 03:06 PM
Tex
Yumsz

To HH
*Arnold Schwarzeneger Kindergarten Cop Voice* Stop whining!

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 04:12 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

big grin

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 06:39 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Blimey, HH, Tex can say it is an odd topic if he wants.

I wish I had the money to get decent footwear; as it is I have one pair of trainers and one of smart shoes; the trainers Inhave not changed in about eight years, thanks to static feet.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 08:22 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I hate feet. They're ugly! sad

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 08:23 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

*Texas rubs his hairy feet in ToMacco's face*

P.s. I dont really have hairy feet big grin

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 08:26 PM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

*ToMacco bites off Tex's big toe*

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 08:29 PM
Tex
Yumsz

*Texas demands that ToMacco return diamond studed toe ring* big grin

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 08:37 PM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

*ToMacco returns toe, keeps ring*

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 08:38 PM
Tex
Yumsz

*Texas scratches ToMacco with big toe nail, snatches toe ring, runs away*

Old Post Oct 31st, 2001 08:41 PM