KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Harry Potter Movie

Harry Potter Movie
Started by: chef

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Aquarius87
How many miles to babylon

Macco is a skitzofrenic mongaloid,He grows hids buds on dagobah
Hah! Hah! laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 20th, 2001 07:17 AM
Aquarius87 is currently offline Click here to Send Aquarius87 a Private Message Find more posts by Aquarius87 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Damn right. George Lucas smoke the doobage. why do you think Yoda was green?big grin

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Nov 20th, 2001 07:26 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I dunno, Dim, I think it's a brave comment to say it won't even do nearly as well... LOTR is going to be pretty big stuff.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 20th, 2001 06:43 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Padawan_Learner
The Learner who is Master

Being one who has not opened a single Harry Potter novel hearing the news that a film about it would be made did not interest me. Seeing the trailer for the film before Monsters Inc. did though. I just saw it a few hours ago, it was pretty good.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2001 07:19 AM
Padawan_Learner is currently offline Click here to Send Padawan_Learner a Private Message Find more posts by Padawan_Learner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I didn't like it at all. I thought it was boaring.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Nov 25th, 2001 07:42 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

everythime I see the adds on tv about HP, I have to laugh!

but to understand it, you need to know what potter means in slang here

Old Post Nov 25th, 2001 10:17 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

tell me!

Old Post Nov 25th, 2001 11:57 AM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zed

[Zed gets on his soapbox]

You've got to understand something here, Harry Potter is a "childrens" book.

The book was written for children, and the success is based on children watching the reading the book and then watching the movie.

So if an adult says that the movie is crap, it doesnt really make a difference. It's when children say that its crap, then its crap. (which they havent)

Youre takin the movie out of context, the movie isnt there to entertain adults. If it does then its a plus.

[Zed gets of his soapbox]

Old Post Nov 25th, 2001 08:40 PM
Zed is currently offline Click here to Send Zed a Private Message Find more posts by Zed Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

*yerssot burns his soapbox*
hey, we are all little children right? Well, at least I am!

And I'm NOT going to see it

(mah, I'll PM it to you)

Old Post Nov 25th, 2001 08:53 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

Saw it last night and my only criticism would be that it's too long, other than that it was okay for a "young persons" film. On the up side Mrs.Mechmoggy has ordered the three books so that she can read them to our kids......... when we eventually get round to having some that is. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Nov 26th, 2001 10:28 AM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Four books, Mech.

I'll remind everyone that the first book in particualr was only of interest to kids; the whole series is, of couse, designed for kids, but then so is Star Wars.

(POSSIBLE SPOILER) By the time Harry is being tortured at the end of book 4, you can be pretty certain that this is no longer a book just for little toddlers.

The series made its name in books 2 and 3; they grow more family (rather than child) orientated as time goes by.

The big problem is that the other books are longer- the fourth book up to 4 times so. Quite how they are planning to bring them to screen when they made a 150 minute movie out of the shortest one is beyond me.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 26th, 2001 06:11 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

dont see the movie, simple as that, your not missing much

Old Post Nov 27th, 2001 02:54 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

It just wasn't good. No way around it.

I understand that it was a film aimed towards kids, but every good movie aimed towards kids has a little something for the adults.

I understand how it was very true to the book (for what I've been told). It did what "The Phantom Menace" did; Set the stage for the next films.

"The SS" never went anywhere. The first two hours of it was just explaining things. That may be good reading, but it's not good filmmaking. ABSALUTLY NOTHING happend for two hours.

I think the Harry Potter films to follow will be better. Now that they have created this world, they can have an adventure in it.

I give HP&TSS two stars out of four.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Nov 27th, 2001 05:18 AM
Machine
Open Your Eyes

dont risk jail time for a horrible movie like that

Old Post Nov 27th, 2001 07:34 AM
Machine is currently offline Click here to Send Machine a Private Message Find more posts by Machine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machine
Open Your Eyes

its 2 hours and 45 mins, long how many children stayed awake for the last hour, i swear the only reason it made so much money is, because they came to see the end in which they fell asleep through

Old Post Nov 27th, 2001 07:37 AM
Machine is currently offline Click here to Send Machine a Private Message Find more posts by Machine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

As far as I am concerned, Tex, the first book spent far too much time in set-up as well. The reading was little better...

Meanwhile, I think you have made your point, Machine.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 27th, 2001 06:16 PM
JimiSTARR

ha ha

Now to get off and grab a slice of my
Purple Rock
can we stop!

D.M.S.R.Dance Music Sex Romance

Old Post May 28th, 2003 06:38 PM
JimiSTARR is currently offline Click here to Send JimiSTARR a Private Message Find more posts by JimiSTARR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krassin
Rob Zombie

Re: Harry Potter Movie

ok,to get the movie for free,just wait like 5-10 days then its 100% it will be on kazaa to download

Old Post Aug 19th, 2003 07:53 AM
krassin is currently offline Click here to Send krassin a Private Message Find more posts by krassin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krassin
Rob Zombie

dude,LOTR made 250 MILLION in the first week of the movie

Old Post Aug 19th, 2003 07:56 AM
krassin is currently offline Click here to Send krassin a Private Message Find more posts by krassin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote