KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Net Speed

Net Speed
Started by: Ken Kenobi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LanceWindu

Net Speed

Somehow my computer's speed has gone back up to normal.

Out of the blue 2 1/2 months ago, my computer basically slowed down to a snail speed. Going from high-speed DSL to slow-speed DSL sucked a lot.

But tonight, somehow the speed has gone back up to where I can easily post again, without the lag making letters appear 5 seconds after I post them.

It took me 5 minutes to make posts a while back, but now I can do 5 posts in the time it took me these last few months.

As you can probably tell, I am happy about this. I mean the net is my life.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 06:59 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Iv3rSoNJuNiOr

Congratulations , you can share the expierience of high - speed internet like me, but i got cable :P

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 07:04 AM
Iv3rSoNJuNiOr is currently offline Click here to Send Iv3rSoNJuNiOr a Private Message Find more posts by Iv3rSoNJuNiOr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I swear I forgot what high-speed was like...

Browsing on theforce.net took 15 seconds to load the main page before, now it's taking less than 2 seconds.

I love it.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 07:08 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

BTW, now I can go back to 20 posts per page, instead of the 5 per page I've been having to use to keep the loading times down.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 07:18 AM
finti

We are in the process to connect to optical fiber in our neighbourhood, they can offer speed of 2mb or 10 mb, now I got ADSL(DSL) with 704kbs . Cant wait until I am hooked on, around summer I guess. It also includes "cable" tv, yeahy optical fibered cabel tv, it is the same as DVD quality. We can order films we want to see and then controll the films ourselvess, like pausing it if you have to visit the rest room. But it is the interrnet speed that tempted me in the first place. Think I go for the 10mb big grin rock beer

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 07:53 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Wow...10mb...that's pretty damn fast.

My comp is at 300kb I think...I need a link to that free internet speed test to see how good it is.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 08:02 AM
LanceWindu

Ok I just tested it...

323.1 kbs

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 08:09 AM
yerssot

wow! great news, for the both of you smile
*kicks kotnet modem*

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 11:11 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

I had a similar problem with my 256k DSL connection a couple of months ago everything slowed right down, when I complained, my ISP apologised and said it was due to ongoing server upgrades and stuff. But I'm full speed again so no more complaints, so glad I didnt have to back to my old dial up modem...

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 02:56 PM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

You should check your computer for spyware Lance eek!

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 06:37 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I do!

I have SpyBot Search&Destroy

I use it every two days, and it finds lots of adware, but it never helps.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 06:39 PM
Tex
Yumsz

Re: Net Speed

quote:
Originally posted by LanceWindu

...without the lag making letters appear 5 seconds after I post them.

It took me 5 minutes to make posts a while back, but now I can do 5 posts in the time it took me these last few months.

^
Cause the same things was happening to me, typing a letter and waiting forever for it to show up, turned out my web browser was hijacked by one of those spy programsmad

But since you check it's OK! smile

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 06:43 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

I had exactly the same problem a couple of months ago, it took bloody ages to type anything!

I lost my rag in the end and wiped the HD in a fit of anger. But since then its been okay. Although I now use a firewall and virus checker more often.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 06:57 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

I have cable and thankfully it has never caused me probs!

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 10:54 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

well I dont have too much trouble lately

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 10:57 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Personally I think Cable is worse than DSL

Whenever I used my sister's Cable net it would always stop working all together for no reason and whenever there was a tiny storm it would go out.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 11:00 PM
silver_tears

mine has never gone out before except when we moved and the first week it was malfunctioning just a bit but it was just because we had to get a new ip address big grin

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 11:01 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LilySatine
KMCs Hobbitess

I don't know much about internet speeds and such...but congrats on your recovery!!

As long as mine's sanely fast, I'll survive big grin

The Poking Goddess Has Returned..again..*hiss*

Living in the shadow of someone else's dream.
Trying to find a hand to hold but every touch felt cold to me.
Living in a nightmare..a never-ending sleep.
But now that I am wide awake..my chains are finally free.
Don't feel sorry for me.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 11:11 PM
LilySatine is currently offline Click here to Send LilySatine a Private Message Find more posts by LilySatine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

quote:
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Personally I think Cable is worse than DSL

Whenever I used my sister's Cable net it would always stop working all together for no reason and whenever there was a tiny storm it would go out.

I'm still trying to figure out if they're using dial-up over here or not roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Dec 18th, 2003 11:31 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Nah dial-up would be faster

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Dec 19th, 2003 12:23 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote