KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » explain this to me

explain this to me
Started by: .:Space Opera:.

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jpv

explain this to me

My understanding of the movie was that they had the mutany before they reached the gold, and Bootstrap Bill didn't take any gold because he was against the mutany. But I may have to watch it again.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2004 10:24 PM
jpv is currently offline Click here to Send jpv a Private Message Find more posts by jpv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
really_bad_eggs
Johnny's Angel!

my friend and i are gonna ask her mom to be our agent lol if i find anything out you'll be the second ppl to know (i've also got to tell my other POTC freak friend too lol) but i'll let u know right away

Drink up me 'earties yo ho!
Yo ho yo ho, a pirates life for me!!!
**sigh!**

Old Post Jan 13th, 2004 11:36 PM
really_bad_eggs is currently offline Click here to Send really_bad_eggs a Private Message Find more posts by really_bad_eggs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.D. Skinner
Assistant Director

Okay - From what I gathered from the film is that yes, the mutany did happen prior to the finding of the Aztec Gold, for it was the location of the gold that caused the mutany in the 1st place. Even one of the pirates themselves mentioned the fact that it never sat well with Bootstraps what they did with Sparrow, and the mutany and all.
Bootstraps did indeed have a piece of that aztec gold, and handed it off to his Son ( William Turner ). Bootstraps having being tied to a cannon, would have still been cursed as he sank to the bottom of the sea until such time that the curse was lifted some 10 years later. So in theory, he very well could have just untied his boot and swam to freedom. The story of Bootstraps was left untold ( I think for the reason of a sequel, but that remains untold as of yet. ).

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 04:53 PM
A.D. Skinner is currently offline Click here to Send A.D. Skinner a Private Message Find more posts by A.D. Skinner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptainSparrow
Cursed Pirate

Ok, i've tried explaining this to lots of people, and have failed almost every time. But i will try again.
The writers have gone into major detail about what actually happened to Bootstrap Bill, and it's quite a reasonable explanation.
Jack Sparrow was friends with Bootstrap Bill way before he gathered his crew to go and find the treasure. Barbossa asked Jack to tell him where the treasure was, and he did (giving up the bearings). This led to Jack's marroon on the island. Bootstrap Bill kept to the code of conduct and said nothing about what they had done to Jack. He went ahead with taking the treasure, therefore cursing himself.
But, guilt became too much to handle, and he made a whole scene, saying that they deserved to be cursed.
Pirates attach him to a cannon, and push him over-board...he sinks down to the crushing depths of the ocean and that's the last we hear of him.
The writers explained that he would just be a "very thin puddle" by now.

Savvy?

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 05:07 PM
CaptainSparrow is currently offline Click here to Send CaptainSparrow a Private Message Find more posts by CaptainSparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WeAreTheWorld

but that had to be after he sent the gold to Will right?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2004 11:00 PM
WeAreTheWorld is currently offline Click here to Send WeAreTheWorld a Private Message Find more posts by WeAreTheWorld Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jpv

expalin this to me

Do you remember in the very beginning of the movie when they pulled Will out of the water. He was still a young boy. The gold medallion was around his neck.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2004 05:14 PM
jpv is currently offline Click here to Send jpv a Private Message Find more posts by jpv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
.:[Kamikaze]:.
*Jack Sparrow's Bird!*

yeh, well the only thing to make sense is that bootstrap must of sent it before opening his mouth to Barbossa as he probably knew that they were gonna push him over.

love I LOVE JOHNNY D!!! love
happy Fallen Jedi cool Aqua
rock Caribbean_Chick
Kofmaster, Spear
cool cogger15

Old Post Jan 16th, 2004 09:12 PM
.:[Kamikaze]:. is currently offline Click here to Send .:[Kamikaze]:. a Private Message Find more posts by .:[Kamikaze]:. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WeAreTheWorld

yea.. like he knew that he was going to tell them all his opinion and being pirates they weren't going to take his disagreement well

Old Post Jan 16th, 2004 10:09 PM
WeAreTheWorld is currently offline Click here to Send WeAreTheWorld a Private Message Find more posts by WeAreTheWorld Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptainSparrow
Cursed Pirate

He sent the coin off to Will so that the pirates aboard the Black Pearl would never be able to be human again. He said that they deserved to be cursed. And then they chucked him overboard.

This conversation is hurting my head now
confused

Savvy?

Old Post Jan 17th, 2004 04:58 PM
CaptainSparrow is currently offline Click here to Send CaptainSparrow a Private Message Find more posts by CaptainSparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
*Jack Sparrow's Bird!*

lol ok then, thats like the same thing we said lol...

anyhoo take care luv AS!!!
xxx

P.S you like my siggy i changed it big grin

rock Caribbean_Chick
Kofmaster, Spear
cool cogger15

Old Post Jan 17th, 2004 05:27 PM
.:[Kamikaze]:. is currently offline Click here to Send .:[Kamikaze]:. a Private Message Find more posts by .:[Kamikaze]:. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jack's dudess

Are you expecting the plot to make sense?

When come back bring pie!

pirate!

Old Post Jan 17th, 2004 06:03 PM
jack's dudess is currently offline Click here to Send jack's dudess a Private Message Find more posts by jack's dudess Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
*Jack Sparrow's Bird!*

well yeh, i mean a good story makes sense dun it..

rock Caribbean_Chick
Kofmaster, Spear
cool cogger15

Old Post Jan 17th, 2004 06:07 PM
~Air Angel~
Armed & Dangerous

Kamikaze nice ziggy! big grin

Ok...well I believe that bootstrap is alive.

1. He DID have a piece of the gold...at one time.....but handed it to Will.
2. The other pirates didn't have their gold pieces anymore, but were still cursed until all of the pieces were returned and blood had been spilled.
3. The curse was lifted at the end of the movie.
4. Bootstrap bill never would have died b/c he was just like the other pirates, cursed......... so he would have been able to stay under the water and untie his boots....then he was on his merry little way.

I think that Jack may be the one that actually run's into bootstrap.

Currently Writing: An Adventure Bookl!!!

Old Post Feb 5th, 2004 10:36 AM
~Air Angel~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~Air Angel~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~Air Angel~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Machete_Guy
Another Basterd

Runs into bootstrap?

Old Post Sep 10th, 2004 06:28 AM
Machete_Guy is currently offline Click here to Send Machete_Guy a Private Message Find more posts by Machete_Guy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote