KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The Euro

The Euro
Started by: Leo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yerssot

an example mah: the tv was invented by some American... right?
(well, not one from Japan)
and now those guys are reproducing it and getting it smaller and better, they didn't invent the tv, nor the phone, NOR the robots (blast those American scientists!)

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2002 10:52 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

no, if you go that far back in time you might be right. but when some new electronic devices is invented nowadays, it's almost everytime from the japaneses.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2002 11:12 AM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

They really should get out more... laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2002 01:24 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I know the Dutch company Philips invent a lot of stuff, very innovative stuff. But since they suck big time at marketing, the Japanese usually take the market.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2002 01:45 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Philips are Dutch? Now I never knew that. Their used to be a big Philips factory near where I live but it closed down.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2002 02:49 PM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yep, it's Dutch. VERY Dutch. I always think it's quite strange that no one abroad knows that. But then, communication is not their strongest point. It took them ten years to start telling the world they were the ones that invented CD. Go figure.

Philips is more than 100 years old, it was founded in the city of Eindhoven. They moved the international head office two years ago from Eindhoven to Amsterdam.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2002 03:13 PM
queeq is currently offline Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I knew that! That crap can only come from Holland wink

well, they aren't that bad, actually...

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2002 03:58 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I think they are. They only good thing they make is light bulbs and tv's, which boils down to the same thing really.
Almost everything I ever bought of Philips breaks down right after the warranty has expired. mad That's why I RARELY buy something of Philips and when I do after several years thinking that they may have changed, it happens again.... mad mad

But they do have good inventors. Weird people though, they were brown pants, sandals, white shirts with pocket protectors, they have long beards and they wear glasses. I once worked on a miniaturisation exposition in one of the buildings in Eindhoven, and as I walked down those halls where all these inventors worked, they looked up from their open computers as I passed. They looked at me as if I was some sort of alien: what's that? It looks human, a creature from the outside!!!!

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2002 04:14 PM
Ratcat

I dunno, I have a pretty good wet and dry shaver made by Philips.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2002 05:57 PM
Tex
Yumsz

quote:
but I was surprised at the ancient equipment used in the States.

That's what you get when you visit Arkansas stick out tongue

I bought a Philips TV last week, I like it, you have automatic picture and sound settings that change automatically to match programs you are watching, Sports/Movies/Music and personal. The sound also changes to Theater/Music/Voice and personal. It also has component video outputs, so I ge the best picture possible with the DVD. If It breaks, I'll just curse the Dutch evil face

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2002 06:09 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Philips used to be the same as quality, but with Phillips like other electronic produsers, they are now manufactured in former east block countries. If you want quality you have to pay a bit more. Dont fall for the cheap eastern europe manufactured crap. Get the real stuff.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2002 06:47 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

quote:
Originally posted by Texas

It also has component video outputs, so I ge the best picture possible with the DVD.

My DVD manual says that component is the least good alternative, s-video the next best, and scart the best. also a DVD magazine I read writes that you should avoid component. but maybe I'm wrong!

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2002 07:35 PM
mah is currently offline Click here to Send mah a Private Message Find more posts by mah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

you are always wrong mah wink

How many Euro is a DVD-player?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2002 08:11 PM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

I'm always right!......well except that time last year, and yeah that time, oh that time last week too, and yesterday and....

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2002 08:14 PM
yerssot

you forget a lot I'm sure

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2002 08:15 PM
UnknownBountyHunter

I occasionally use my EC Karten but only when buying big stuff, do you say you'll use a credit card to buy a candy bar? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ich bin voll!! Ich möcht' ein Bier!

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2002 09:05 PM
UnknownBountyHunter is currently offline Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

quote:
Originally posted by mah

My DVD manual says that component is the least good alternative, s-video the next best, and scart the best. also a DVD magazine I read writes that you should avoid component. but maybe I'm wrong!

No, you probably have component confused with composite.
Composite video is the regular Audio/Video jacks
then came S-video which was a vast improvemnet over composite video
Now they have component video, which is the best you can get. It's only available on new DVD's and TV"s that are digital ready.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2002 09:32 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UnknownBountyHunter

Red, blue, and green are my favorite colors!!!!!

WHEEEE!!!

<gargle>

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2002 05:26 AM
UnknownBountyHunter is currently offline Click here to Send UnknownBountyHunter a Private Message Find more posts by UnknownBountyHunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Yup, those are the ones, then you just plug in the Red & White audio cables, leave the yellow one out, and your ready to go. If your really special, you can hook up your sound via the optical audio output! But I'm not that special sad

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2002 06:13 AM
mah
J-type 327 Nubian

ok, I just remembered wrong.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2002 12:50 PM