KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Speeding Tickets

Speeding Tickets
Started by: Tex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tex
Yumsz

Barf Speeding Tickets

I got my first speeding ticket today. Going 81mph in a 60 zone! I have been speeding down this freeway for 3 years, and they finally got me. Had a cop with a radar detector hiding on an overpass! That's no fair! They shouldn't be so sneaky!

Got to pay $200 mad

Now I haven't told little ole mommy yet, will it show up in the insurance statement? sad

Old Post Jan 16th, 2002 05:03 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

You bet your ass it will show up on your insurance. It's gonna sky-rocket. Your screwed. Tough break, pal. sad

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jan 16th, 2002 05:05 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

What if my name isn't on the statement. Just the car. It's a new car, and my dad is listed as an operator, not me.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2002 05:07 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

So your not even an insured driver on the car? Oh man, your parents are gonna kill you!!!!!!!!! Their insurance is gonna be so high now.

And the ticket will be on your record for two or more years.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jan 16th, 2002 05:12 AM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Dont tell me that! sad
Do you know if it will shop up on the next statement, or when it's time to renew the policy?
Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket?

Old Post Jan 16th, 2002 05:17 AM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I got a ticket for going through a stop sign when I was sixteen.

I'm pretty sure that your parents insurance will go up immediatly. And if you try to apply for your own insurance, your rates will be higher becuase you got a ticket.

But you could be in big trouble, because your not a listed opperator. . . and then you go and get a ticket.

Matt, my friend, you may be in a world of shit. You better bite the bullet and tell your folks, or run away. big grin

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jan 16th, 2002 05:27 AM
Dim
Creativity

Your first?!?!...you haven't lived...

Old Post Jan 16th, 2002 05:37 AM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

yeah, Dimmy, but Tex has been to jail 12 times for cocaine abuse big grin

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jan 16th, 2002 05:43 AM
Tex
Yumsz

Good, finally someone with experience.
So does it really mess up your record Dim?
Some people on the net are saying it will take a year to show up on the statement.
My best friends boyfriend took her car, got a spedding ticket, and it hasn't shown up on her parents statement, it's been over a year
So I have some hope! smile

Old Post Jan 16th, 2002 06:05 AM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

For your sake, I hope your right.

Honestly, (In crazy Braverheart guys voice): "You're ****ed!" big grin big grin big grin

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jan 16th, 2002 06:19 AM
finti

oh man I was just a couple of miles under the limit of losing my drivers license. Man that fine sucked though over a half a months wage. sad

Old Post Jan 16th, 2002 07:41 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ratcat

Dunno about the US, but over here it goes on your licence for 5 years and if you fail to declare it to the insurance then that's fraud and voids any policy with zero refund.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2002 08:53 AM
Ratcat is currently offline Click here to Send Ratcat a Private Message Find more posts by Ratcat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

That's right RC, I expect it's the same over there too. These insurance company's only need half an excuse to welsh out on payments.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2002 10:14 AM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
to welsh out on payments

Why blame the Taffy`s ????????????? big grin

Old Post Jan 16th, 2002 11:09 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dim
Creativity

I've only had one actually affect my insurance but I think that's because I've been in alot of different states. Hopefully the others never catch up with me.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2002 02:36 PM
Dim is currently offline Click here to Send Dim a Private Message Find more posts by Dim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
keokiswahine
Confusion

yup, yup, and yup. It will show up in the insurance rates at renewal time. Yes, you now have so many points assessed against your driving record for points for the court system. Once you max out on points, your license will be suspended for so long. If you apply for your own insurance policy, and you are a single male under age 27, be ready to sacrifice your soul to the insurance company. If you own an OLD car, like about 10 years old, paid in full, and a car not considered high risk or a racing vehicle, THEN, you will have a lower rate for LIABILITY only, no actual car coverage at all. You might get away with about $1200 a year, but that's just a guess. and take a high deductible like $500.00, meaning, you pay the first $500 on any claim against you. Your rates will be lower if you take a higher deductible. Liability is just insurance for the other person if YOU hit someone or another car or property damage like someone's house/fence. No coverage for your car at all. sorry, life sucks. join the rest of us who sacrifice daily to the insurance companies who rule us. eek! evil face big grin stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 16th, 2002 02:55 PM
keokiswahine is currently offline Click here to Send keokiswahine a Private Message Find more posts by keokiswahine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

I went to see an attorney at school today, and she said that with my ticket, I would need to sign up for some deferred jurisdiction crap, take a defensive driving course on the internet and it wouldn't show up on my record. That's what the clerk at The Municipal Court told me too!

So once again Texas has gotten by scott free cool smokin' cool

SUCKERS!!!!! stick out tongue

I'll be speeding again tomorrow evil face

Old Post Jan 16th, 2002 06:29 PM
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

I'm gonna put a bomb in your car

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jan 16th, 2002 06:33 PM
yerssot

and when he slows down to 50, the bomb will explode, I take

Old Post Jan 16th, 2002 07:23 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

IIRC, in the UK you get 3 points on your license if you speed. If you've just passed about 5 years ago - you get to take your test again.

Or if you go waaaaay over the limit - you get your license suspended immediately!

Old Post Jan 16th, 2002 08:37 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote