KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » sentenals

sentenals
Started by: nightcrawer89

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
eristole
Me in a text box

jugghead would win of course. he's the unstoppable.. vs 1 reg sentinel.
yeah jugg would win. the mutant power dampeners the prime sentinel's
have wouldnt even work on him since he's not a mutant.. so i think the
odds of a sentinel solo beating the jugg would be like 1 in maybe 50.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2004 08:05 AM
eristole is currently offline Click here to Send eristole a Private Message Find more posts by eristole Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nightcrawer89
movie man

sentenals are cool wonder who is the only mutant who can't beat them i am thinking it is rogue because how could she beat them.she would have to take somones else powers and then fight them.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2004 04:23 PM
nightcrawer89 is currently offline Click here to Send nightcrawer89 a Private Message Find more posts by nightcrawer89 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kohl
into the void

i've always thought the x-men have been able to destroy sentinels way too easily.

also, could this thread please be renamed as 'sentinels'?

Old Post Mar 9th, 2004 02:42 PM
kohl is currently offline Click here to Send kohl a Private Message Find more posts by kohl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

/\ I agee, but the sentinals were WAY overrated in the 90's x-men animated series. Master mold was was more powerful than in the comics.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2004 03:01 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kohl
into the void

indeed, but even master mold was 'easily' taken out by the x-men. for something that was so feared, the sentinels usually come off as easy opponents.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2004 03:12 PM
kohl is currently offline Click here to Send kohl a Private Message Find more posts by kohl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nightcrawer89
movie man

they sentinals would waste master mold he could't win.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2004 03:46 PM
nightcrawer89 is currently offline Click here to Send nightcrawer89 a Private Message Find more posts by nightcrawer89 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Marko fought a sentinel from the future in marvel's present, Nimrod. Nimrod had to 'port away. It almost killed him with sonics yet in a marvel review book it was said that Juggernaut most likely didn't have his magic shield up, which layers his invulnerability once more. The only one i can imagine with the ability to stop Juggernaut would be Illyian Rasputin, Magik. Her soul/sword can stop any enchantment, thus Cain would need the crystal to re-energize back to form.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2004 07:52 PM
Wonder Man is online now! Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nightcrawer89
movie man

ok

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2004 07:50 PM
Paola
Ronin

quote:
Originally posted by Maelstrom
Marko fought a sentinel from the future in marvel's present, Nimrod. Nimrod had to 'port away. It almost killed him with sonics yet in a marvel review book it was said that Juggernaut most likely didn't have his magic shield up, which layers his invulnerability once more. The only one i can imagine with the ability to stop Juggernaut would be Illyian Rasputin, Magik. Her soul/sword can stop any enchantment, thus Cain would need the crystal to re-energize back to form.

did she ever faced him?!?!?!

by Scythe

Old Post Mar 24th, 2004 01:43 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FieryPhoenix
Legendary X-Man

I remember in the animated series, sometimes they could blow up a sentinel with ease. In other episodes it took 3 of them to put a dent in one. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Mar 24th, 2004 02:41 AM
FieryPhoenix is currently offline Click here to Send FieryPhoenix a Private Message Find more posts by FieryPhoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

quote:
Originally posted by FieryPhoenix
I remember in the animated series, sometimes they could blow up a sentinel with ease. In other episodes it took 3 of them to put a dent in one. roll eyes (sarcastic)

yeah Sentinel's get a horrible rap, In one encounter a lone sentinel beat one of the Green Goblins, next issue he ran his glider threw his head and destroyed it. sentinels are pretty much used to eat up time or fill up pages between actually important events

Old Post Mar 24th, 2004 02:55 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FieryPhoenix
Legendary X-Man

Another example is in the "Night of the Sentinels" episode. When they were leaving the Control Agency, they could barely hold them off long enough to escape. Then when they fought a batallion of sentinels at that factory later that night, they tore them apart without a problem.

If they were able to fight the sentinels during their escape, then maybe they wouldn't have "lost" one member of the team, thus making part of the story disappear. wink wink

Old Post Mar 24th, 2004 03:03 AM
FieryPhoenix is currently offline Click here to Send FieryPhoenix a Private Message Find more posts by FieryPhoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

One of the prime directives of these Sentinels is that they track mutants in a robotic fashion, very methodical so it is hard to anticipate a strike. Combine that with their ability to learn from every encounter, each attack you use on one becomes your last. Finally you have to consider their powers and their ability to modifiy those. They are like the idea of an evolutiary machine. Nimrod comming from the future would be more the ideal form of the ideal. So when they first came out, they were sloppy.
Magik never used her sword on Juggernaut to my knowledge, and i'm not sure it would even work in theroy...unless the crystal had a black/white aspect to it. Magik's sword works on the "religious" aspect of magik- thus soul - sword, still she would be the nearest power i could come up with with a shot of putting him down for a while.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2004 05:25 PM
Wonder Man is online now! Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nightcrawer89
movie man

that is what make them cool

Old Post Mar 24th, 2004 05:43 PM
eleveninches
God of my own world

When in the comics did the sentinals first appear, and what was the story behind it?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2004 05:47 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

the sentinals all relate to one man. I believe he created the orginal to achieve everlasting life for his mind by creating a meathod where his brainwaves could be grafted to a mainfram. Through some unknown hope he would then become these brainwaves.
Someone correct me if i'm wrong but i believe his son then became the heir apparent to the dynasty. If dear old dad actually lives on i'm not sure, but a simulation of him is the driving force behind them.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2004 08:00 PM
nightcrawer89
movie man

cool

Old Post Mar 29th, 2004 08:45 PM
RSSR

Suppose if you could somehow persuade Dr. Doom, Henry Pym, Reed Richards, Tony Stark, and Forge (plus a collection of experts on hand) to all collaborate their expertise, talents, and mutant ability on designing a Sentinel model, and using the technologies incorporated into X-51 and the Iron Man suit, you’d probably have a Sentinel that the X-Men would find themselves in a fight for their lives against. Combine the strength of of the Mark II model to adapt to almost any attack as well as the best features of the previous models, these things could probably give the Avengers all they can handle too. Its fun and scary to think about at the same time.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2004 06:12 AM
RSSR is currently offline Click here to Send RSSR a Private Message Find more posts by RSSR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

The danger of these machines is that their "Solution" is the elimination of mutants at any cost. The cost will be mankind because mutants come from man. As long as there are mutants to kill, the human gene base is free to exist, but when the mutants are gone, they must turn their attention on the generators.
Mutant's like Apocolapes rely on the fact that a mutant can reproduce it's own powered kind thus being their own generators. Therefore the elimination of the human gene pool will only reduce the number of varients of new mutants, which when weighed against his goals is an acceptable loss.
Where as the human side has no escape, win or lose they are bait.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2004 03:42 PM
nightcrawer89
movie man

cool theory

Old Post Mar 30th, 2004 06:10 PM