KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » martial arts help...

martial arts help...
Started by: TrAnCeDuO

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

i know paitance is a virtue but im currently out of it....anyways...does anyone know any sites that i can refer to...

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Feb 15th, 2004 07:30 PM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DaRk Jester
Mime Of Hell

All i use is my hands and a bowstaff in combat and anyone USES GUNS
can't fight at all cuz they are too leazzzzzzy to learn the real stuff to use in combat so they hide behind guns and thats thats ninja wacko

roiling heat death grip in
my veins unveiling rancid
petals flowering forth foul
necter the space between
a blink and a tear...
DEATH BLOOMS."

Old Post Feb 16th, 2004 02:49 PM
DaRk Jester is currently offline Click here to Send DaRk Jester a Private Message Find more posts by DaRk Jester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

i think i got it....im gonna take ninjitsu and jeet kune!

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2004 04:29 AM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DaRk Jester
Mime Of Hell

boo

roiling heat death grip in
my veins unveiling rancid
petals flowering forth foul
necter the space between
a blink and a tear...
DEATH BLOOMS."

Old Post Feb 26th, 2004 05:06 PM
DaRk Jester is currently offline Click here to Send DaRk Jester a Private Message Find more posts by DaRk Jester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

no....boo you cuz i refuse to follow you....ill follow my own path....not yours...

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 03:37 AM
tazman
Taz's World

if you want to learn weapons, i'd suggest escrima. i've talked to people who have taken that and it's very good for knowing how to use weapons and how to defend against them.

for just all around self defense, i'd suggest taking BJJ, and some forms of kung fu are good along with Muy Tai Kickboxing.

JKD remember is not a 'style', it's more of a philosophy. Bruce even towards the end started seeing the error of his JKD, in that people were trying to learn what their instructor had learned, instead of letting martial arts be an expression of yourself (that's when he closed down all three of his studios). that was what Bruce was after, to free your mind of all traditions and be able to express yourself through your martial arts. he studied many different disciplines, took what worked, and discarded what didn't.

i'd stay away from traditional Tae Kwon Do and Karate, watch any Ultimate Fighting Championship and that'll prove my point. big grin

good luck my friend.

Last edited by tazman on Mar 4th, 2004 at 09:16 PM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2004 09:14 PM
tazman is currently offline Click here to Send tazman a Private Message Find more posts by tazman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AdventChild
The Oringinal AdventChild

Yup...I personally use the bo staff...and if you want to see some weapons being used such as kamas, bo staffs, nunchucks etc...then here's a link with videos....WWW.TeamRyouko.com .... great site..great guys.....Cute chris mark!

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 06:17 AM
AdventChild is currently offline Click here to Send AdventChild a Private Message Find more posts by AdventChild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote