KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Who's Gonna Win The NBA Championship?

Who will win the NBA Championship?
This poll is closed.
San Antonio Spurs 4 57.14%
Sacramento Kings 1 14.29%
Los Angeles Lakers 1 14.29%
New York Knicks 0 0%
New Jersey Nets 0 0%
Indiana Pacers 1 14.29%
Total: 7 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who's Gonna Win The NBA Championship?
Started by: SAtown_punk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (20): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

oh oh....8 game win streak by LA. They only seem to get better and better with each game. Kobe IS the MVP...home boy puts all of their games on ice, he can do it from anywhere on the court and he's clutch like only Jordan was...

Trailblazers...good luck, you got 2 games vs LA and 2 vs....ummm....Dallas i think. Those are 4 tough games that they need to reach the playoffs.

Jeff, why as a Spurs fan would you rather avoid Dallas than Houston? Well i see your point...aww hell. The whole western conference is dangerous as all hell. I just wish the Lakers could skip right to the finals...oh btw...they ARE making it to the finals and winning this year. just thought i'd enlighten you guys...

Old Post Mar 29th, 2004 02:53 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

ok so i tried to edit ^ that post, but it took me too long.

break down is like this...

Sacramento has 6 outta 9 remaining games away. 3 of those games are against houston, dallas, and san antonio...all away games.

Lakers have 6 outta 9 remaining games at home. I believe they play against houston and san antonio at home.

The Portland Trailblazers are probably NOT going to make the playoffs. I really want them to but lets get real here for a second. Of their remaining games...2 of them are against LA and 2 are against San Antonio. Portland is good, but there's no way in hell they are winning all 4 of those games. They'd be lucky to win 2 outta 4.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2004 05:17 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

All they have to do is do a little better than 50% of their remaining games and they have shitty teams to play as well. This is as long as Utah and Denver don't bump up a notch. Plus, the Blazers have always faired well against Dallas and could pull off 1 victory against LA or SA. I'm just remaining hopeful.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2004 05:28 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Damn today sucked. Minny beat Houston which is good (although I like Houston) but Cavs lost to Spurs sad, the Blazers barely lost to Knicks (GODDAMNIT!), and the Celtics won to go ahead of Cavs by a full game. Damn.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2004 04:04 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jeff_Atello

I would rather play Houston than Dallas because Houston doesn't have the firepower that dallas does, and Dallas has given us problems this year. But that doesn't matter. NOBODY can beat the Spurs in a best of 7, not even L.A.

The reason L.A. won't win the championship is because of Kobe. His trial will be going on, and I don't think he will be mentally ready for the playoffs.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2004 04:46 PM
Jeff_Atello is currently offline Click here to Send Jeff_Atello a Private Message Find more posts by Jeff_Atello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

but he proved against Sacramento that playing basketball is his freedom from the rest of the world. His games are always going to be night games and Utah is a short flight when you have your own personal jet. I'm more worried that we won't get Horace Grant back than i am about Kobe.

Lakers are at home against New Orleans tonight...i smell 9 in a row. I'm sure you'll know about it tomorrow, but i'll be here just to either build up my team or talk crap about a loss...if that happens.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2004 09:12 PM
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff_Atello
I would rather play Houston than Dallas because Houston doesn't have the firepower that dallas does, and Dallas has given us problems this year. But that doesn't matter. NOBODY can beat the Spurs in a best of 7, not even L.A.

The reason L.A. won't win the championship is because of Kobe. His trial will be going on, and I don't think he will be mentally ready for the playoffs.
I disagree with you on 2 parts here. 1st you can't really say NOBODY can beat the Spurs in a best of 7. You can't ever say that about any team. The Spurs haven't even been playing that great so I don't know how you could say that at all right now. 2nd, I don't totally agree with the Kobe statement either. I thought that at the beginning of the year but he has proven otherwise. He had a tremendous game the same day that he sat through the girl's 3 hour testimony and then the plane trip. If anything, Kobe comes out with a certain flair to his game when something like that happens.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 12:04 AM
Linkalicious

k 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter and they are up by 20, Lakers just got their 9th straight win and they pretty much own the league. Be a fan of your team all you want, but the Lakers are unstoppable right now. Playing like this, no one could EVER beat them in a best of 7...not even Jordan's best bulls team. Bold statement i know, but it's true....just think about it.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 05:33 AM
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

I say Memphis is going to get it dun. They are going to win it allyes

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 05:35 AM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
boxofdeath2.0

quote:
Originally posted by Alias_Neo
I say Memphis is going to get it dun. They are going to win it allyes

please tell me you're a gambling man

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 05:38 AM
boxofdeath2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send boxofdeath2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by boxofdeath2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GangusGrievous
4 armed Wonder

I just think they havnt let me down all year, and well, i dont like to go for the good teamsstick out tongue

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 05:41 AM
GangusGrievous is currently offline Click here to Send GangusGrievous a Private Message Find more posts by GangusGrievous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Very bold Link. Very bold indead.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 07:33 AM
boxofdeath2.0

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
Playing like this, no one could EVER beat them in a best of 7...not even Jordan's best bulls team.

not that i'm a bulls fan, but that might just be basketball blasphemy right there. have some respect for the great would ya?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 07:40 AM
boxofdeath2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send boxofdeath2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by boxofdeath2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

4 hall of famers on the same team, on the same court, at the same time. I was pretty sure that i was showing respect to the great.

IMO Magic's best Lakers team could have taken Jordan's best Bulls team. And this years Lakers team is the best team they've EVER had. Well atleast when they are healthy...

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 03:45 PM
boxofdeath2.0

But this Lakers team has issues:

Shaq's always hurt whether its his toe or some other random injury
Malone's been hurt most of the season
Kobe has his trials (although he did play better the day he went to trial) and he's been injured
Payton is whining and unhappy with his minutes and points

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 06:15 PM
Linkalicious

those were all problems they had earlier in the season. The past 9 games have been a completely different Laker team, and unless there are more injuries, or Kobe isn't aloud to fly back for his games....i don't see any reason why they can't continue to play at this level. It's not like they are doing anything phenominal...each guy is just doing what they have done their whole career.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2004 06:41 PM
Linkalicious

Thank you San Antonio for beating the Kings...Lakers are now 1 game behind Sac and they play eachother head to head before the end of the season....this is getting exciting...

Old Post Apr 1st, 2004 04:49 PM
Karma Toreall
Darth Karma

im stayin with my home team naptown pacers! they the best record so y not?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2004 09:27 PM
Karma Toreall is currently offline Click here to Send Karma Toreall a Private Message Find more posts by Karma Toreall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

LA beat Houston last night. 10 game win streak and counting...

Team Win Loss

1.Sacramento 52 23
2. Los Angeles 52 23
3. Minnesota 52 24
4. San Antonio 50 25
5. Memphis 48 26
6. Dallas 47 28
7. Houston 42 32
8. Utah 39 36

9. Portland 39 36
10. Denver 39 37

OK so i know Technically based on seeding that Minnesota would be in the 2nd spot, but right now i'm not sure who the #1 seed is because i'm not sure who's got the better record head to head between the Lakers and Sacramento...and they still play one more time before the season is over. At this rate, i think that Los Angeles will have the best record in the west by the end of the season, BUT i think that the reformed Spurs will end up as the #2 seed. Both teams are playing great where Sacramento is 8-8 since the return of Webber and they seemingly look worst each time they step on the court. Minnesota...i feel, will have some sort of let down between now and the end of the season that will make them drop their current spot

As for last night and whoever opened their mouth about Yao "dominating" Shaq....well you can officially stop. Shaq straight shut down Yao last night. Yao went 3-15 from the field with 6 points and 8 rebounds (0 offensive) Shaq went 7-17 from the field with 18 points and 8 rebounds (3 offensive.) If you watched the game...you know that Shaq played Yao man to man with no help whereas Yao had a double or triple team helping him the whole time.

As for the East....pfft! Lets not go there....5 outta 8 playoff teams don't even have a winning records.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2004 04:12 PM
ElectricBugaloo
LP

The Lakers look like the team to beat right now, but anyone can get hot in the playoffs. If Sacramento starts clicking again, they will be tough to beat. As long as Duncan is healthy, the Spurs are tough to beat.

If the T Wolves can shoot well from teh outside, they have a good chance at beating the Lakers.

Memphis...no chance
Dallas...no chance, they just don't have the defense for a 7 game series.
Houston...maybe a chance for an upset in the 1st round
Utah/Portland/Denver...The NBA higher ups are PRAYING for Denver to make it.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2004 04:34 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote