KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What does BKK stand to gain?

What does BKK stand to gain?
Started by: BadKitty

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BadKitty
cockeyed

Question What does BKK stand to gain?

I have question thats been rolling around in my head for 2 weeks and thought I'd ask all of you what you think...

a couple of years ago I applied for a great job,I didn't get it.I seen the owner of the company on the news several months later for discrimination and him saying "it's my company I can hire who ever I want". I was peeved but forgot about it.

A few weeks ago I got a letter from the company telling me they lost a class action lawsuit over the matter and I was infact one of people who were discriminated against because though I was qualified for the job I didn't get it because I am a woman...any way they went on to say they owed me a job and compensation for the time I wasn't employed with them.

of coarse I told them to pound salt about the job,but they say they still owe me money and should receive a check by the end of April.I didn't clear up how much I was getting...how much do you guys think I should get over something like this,any ideas?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2004 05:21 PM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I have a couple of questions bkk, have you ask the advise of a lawyer on this? In other words have you seek legal advice from an attorney? I would say take the money, and slam the door on those jerks! But, I wouldn't trust them if they want you to sign any documents in order to receive the check.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2004 05:41 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

they only asked me to fill out a paper on whether I wanted a job or not. I made copies of all documents so that if I don't hear from the company by the time they promised compensation then I will seek legal counsel.but like you said I just will take what they give me,but not sign anything in regards to the cash.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2004 06:12 PM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Asami
Vicious and Malicious

I thought this was a joke... BKK = bad kitty kitty?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2004 07:29 PM
Asami is currently offline Click here to Send Asami a Private Message Find more posts by Asami Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

Well one i cant belive they wouldnt hire such a attrative intelligent and fun person such as your self BKK. But if it was in april i would guestamate you should recive about 5 to 10,000 bucks just because it is one a lawsuit and also the time you would have put in so deffintly over 5,000

Old Post Feb 13th, 2004 07:44 PM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Asami
Vicious and Malicious

oops, I miss-read thought thetitle was what does bkk stand for!

Old Post Feb 13th, 2004 08:02 PM
Asami is currently offline Click here to Send Asami a Private Message Find more posts by Asami Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

Take them for all they got BKK wink

Old Post Feb 13th, 2004 08:44 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeNiro

why would Bkk Ask what BKK meant laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 13th, 2004 09:00 PM
DeNiro is currently offline Click here to Send DeNiro a Private Message Find more posts by DeNiro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

Awh D' shucks embarrasment big grin thanks sweetness! I was thinking since it isnt coming till after april they must be waiting on some taxation crap..I applied for a International HR dept job or rather sent my resume and got a interview they were incouraging at the time just to be let down...so I am glad someone exposed them..5,000 would be nice,they are pretty big ( http://www.lincolnelectric.com/) they can afford to send something bkk's way. smile

Old Post Feb 14th, 2004 04:45 AM
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote:
Originally posted by silver_tears
Take them for all they got BKK wink
laughing out loud I wish!

Old Post Feb 14th, 2004 04:46 AM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

I hope its enough cash so you'll be able to hop on plane and visit the mech household. yes

Old Post Feb 14th, 2004 04:09 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

I would really like to visit mr.&mrs moggy smile I would need money from them for a good trip..right now my bills are like a vampire..sucking the life right out of me sad

one of these days I'm going though

Old Post Feb 14th, 2004 05:51 PM
mechmoggy
Northern Monkey

You're more than welcome. big grin

Old Post Feb 14th, 2004 06:23 PM
mechmoggy is currently offline Click here to Send mechmoggy a Private Message Find more posts by mechmoggy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

love I wish I'd be visiting sooner than later!

when I finally get my check I'll find this and post what I got..watch it be like D' said..5$ bucks..I'll be disappointed

Old Post Feb 15th, 2004 04:57 PM
Corran
Lucifer

Hey Mech, you've never invited me to visit, why? Oh wait it's OK I think I know why, BKK is a female and I am not.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2004 06:12 PM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

perhaps if you shave your beard and come in for a make-over ...

Old Post Feb 15th, 2004 06:13 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

perhaps.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2004 06:19 PM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I'm sure plenty of people want to tincker with you

Old Post Feb 15th, 2004 06:22 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

make-over eek! can I paint your nails big grin

Old Post Feb 15th, 2004 06:23 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

Ermmm, I guess.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2004 07:07 PM