KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » What do you think of same sex marriage

What do you think of same sex marriage
Started by: ash007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fire

keep the religion and politics limited ppl

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 08:19 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

I think that if gay's and lesbo's want to get married, more power to them. It's not infringing on our rights so it's not unconstitutional and I have no religion so it's not a problem for me there...

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 08:24 PM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
'chelle

ppl should be allowed to marry whoever they want

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 08:26 PM
'chelle is currently offline Click here to Send 'chelle a Private Message Find more posts by 'chelle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightningrod
gay o' time

There will always be people that disapprove of same sex marriage...

personally I can care less about those people that think it is wrong...

Everyone has a right to their own opinions...and I will respect that

Straight people have no idea how hard it is to be homosexual in the United States--I should know since I am gay

Gay people should have the same rights as straight people--enough said

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 08:30 PM
Lightningrod is currently offline Click here to Send Lightningrod a Private Message Find more posts by Lightningrod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

ofc they should have the same rights

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 08:31 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rusky
Waiting for da snow

Well, it seems this is settled, any more contenders to the matter ?

Have fun||

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 08:37 PM
rusky is currently offline Click here to Send rusky a Private Message Find more posts by rusky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Force
Holy Hypocrits!

quote:
Originally posted by Shoukan
There will always be people that disapprove of same sex marriage...

personally I can care less about those people that think it is wrong...

Everyone has a right to their own opinions...and I will respect that

Straight people have no idea how hard it is to be homosexual in the United States--I should know since I am gay

Gay people should have the same rights as straight people--enough said

the reson straight ppl have a problem with it is because they don't understand and because it's not normal, and if your not normal i.e. retarded, disabled, geeky, nerdy, weird, religious... your aren't really accepted, but being gay is of the worst in this society.

Made by the awesome transforming Hegemon
Don't mess with The Force, because I ownz you. -The Force

Crazy Christian all over your candy arse.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 08:37 PM
The Force is currently offline Click here to Send The Force a Private Message Find more posts by The Force Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Force
Holy Hypocrits!

i'm a contender

Made by the awesome transforming Hegemon
Don't mess with The Force, because I ownz you. -The Force

Crazy Christian all over your candy arse.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 08:38 PM
The Force is currently offline Click here to Send The Force a Private Message Find more posts by The Force Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

ppl who think other ppl should be 'normal' usualy are ignorant ppl no offence TF

ppl are indeed scared of what they don't understand, it's called ignorance

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 08:39 PM
rusky
Waiting for da snow

quote:
being gay is of the worst in this society.

U mean worst than being a psychotic kiler ?

quote:
i'm a contender

laughing out loud

Have fun||

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 08:40 PM
rusky is currently offline Click here to Send rusky a Private Message Find more posts by rusky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

quote:
Originally posted by The Force
the reson straight ppl have a problem with it is because they don't understand and because it's not normal, and if your not normal i.e. retarded, disabled, geeky, nerdy, weird, religious... your aren't really accepted, but being gay is of the worst in this society.

you said being gay is not normal,
now with that list of "retarded, disabled, geeky, nerdy, weird, religious" that are examples of not normal,
I suggest you think twice before you post, cause there will be people gay or not who will be VERY offended by this, myself included!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 08:52 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
julibug

I still think that it would have to go through "phases" like I mentioned in my previous post - i.e. the "contract" or "union" for financial purposes before same-sex marriage would eventually become the term used in the US. It's just the mindset that so many people have about marriage that isn't easy to change quickly. There are plenty of people who support the idea, but if they want the opposers to back down, they may have to do this in phases. I'm not saying that's how it should or shoudn't be. I'm just suggesting that it may be the only way to make it happen. Does that make sense?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 08:59 PM
julibug is currently offline Click here to Send julibug a Private Message Find more posts by julibug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Im straight and i think gay people have their rights, i mean..they are people too so they should have the same marriage rights as any plain heterosexual couple should have. Gay people do not bother me, whatsoever, i actually have some gay friends, and i treat them normally and not as if they are some freaks.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 09:06 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rusky
Waiting for da snow

quote:
I still think that it would have to go through "phases" like I mentioned in my previous post - i.e. the "contract" or "union" for financial purposes before same-sex marriage would eventually become the term used in the US. It's just the mindset that so many people have about marriage that isn't easy to change quickly. There are plenty of people who support the idea, but if they want the opposers to back down, they may have to do this in phases. I'm not saying that's how it should or shoudn't be. I'm just suggesting that it may be the only way to make it happen. Does that make sense?

Yes it does..

Have fun||

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 09:06 PM
yerssot

it shows that a lot of people are very mindset about a stupid word

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 09:26 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
julibug

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
it shows that a lot of people are very mindset about a stupid word

It seems that way, but coming from a very "churchy" background, I can sort of understand why the word carries that meaning to some people. A lot of what we call "progress" in our society in the U.S. has been dismantling ideas that were set in place by religion. I'm trying to avoid a "religious" discussion here, but it's difficult to do when it is so entrenched in the U.S.'s society. A lot of what religion has held on to has been very wrong and very suppressive, but I don't disagree with everything that religion says - just a lot of it! stick out tongue I believe that religion and "relationship" (with God & others) are two very different things. To me religion is about suppression and control, while relationship is about love, grace and freedom. I've been trying to see things through that mindset rather than the rigid religious mindset that I grew up under. I'm sorry if this post is going too far in the direction of religion & politics, but I'm afraid those are the very forces that cause there to even be a debate on the issue of same-sex marriage among lots of other issues.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 09:49 PM
julibug is currently offline Click here to Send julibug a Private Message Find more posts by julibug Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

last time I checked muslims and jews (just to name two) are allowed to use the word "marriage" too, why them, why not other-oriented?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 09:51 PM
julibug

Well, I think Christians would see that as the same thing. Still the same institution by God between a man and a woman. I think the issue with the Christian term marriage has to do with gender - not the particular religion or faith. I'm not attempting to say that this view is right or wrong - just trying to explain what's up with the mindset in the U.S.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 09:57 PM
§H@Ñ€
???

no offence to any gays or homosexual or w/e, but it's a little on the "eww" side from me, but i'm cool with them

Click my sig to go to my gallery!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 09:58 PM
§H@Ñ€ is currently offline Click here to Send §H@Ñ€ a Private Message Find more posts by §H@Ñ€ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

This'll be closed, mark my words....I had a thread with the same question, and it got closed sad

Anyway, Same Sex marriage should be lawful and right. Because there is NO (I repeat, NO) reasonable arugment against it.

Go ahead, try and contradict me. I have the answer to every question this topic has to offer

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 10:00 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote