KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Tried Frisbee Golfing yesterday - keyword is "Tried"

Tried Frisbee Golfing yesterday - keyword is "Tried"
Started by: Linkalicious

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

Tried Frisbee Golfing yesterday - keyword is "Tried"

Yeah, so apparently that's a sport in Southern California. It's kinda funny sounding but it's just like golf.

you got 18 holes, there's a par for each whole, and you use different frizbees for different throws.

I watch these guys who have been doing this for years and they can throw a "driver" frisbee like 100 yards...which is pretty damn far for a frisbee. And then they putt into this net that's connected to a pole in the ground.

Well in order to throw the damn bee long enough to not have a 50 shot handicap, i had to throw it side arm...and not across my body like most people throw a frizbee. And putting, jesus, putting is so hard.

(please log in to view the image)

try throwing a frisbee into that thing from 20 ft away...it's trickier than it looks.

But all in all, i recommend the sport, it's decent exercise, and a great excuse to be outside.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 07:15 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

we have a frisbee golf course at the park by my house. we use the goals to play soccer

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 07:35 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dragonpisces272
got coffee?

this reminds of of horse shoes lol

Made by: Pictofix Designs. Want a sig or wallpaper? Drop me a message

Old Post Apr 24th, 2004 05:29 PM
dragonpisces272 is currently offline Click here to Send dragonpisces272 a Private Message Find more posts by dragonpisces272 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

you should get the shotgun out and start shooting them(jk)

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Apr 28th, 2004 04:07 AM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
trixygurl

i just played disc golf last week end! I think it's a lot of fun, bu t it really depends on the course. I have friends that are BIG time into it and compete n krap. That may be takin it a lil too far.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2004 08:32 PM
trixygurl is currently offline Click here to Send trixygurl a Private Message Find more posts by trixygurl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

quote:
Originally posted by dragonpisces272
this reminds of of horse shoes lol

Horse shoes aren't thrown hundres of yards through trees and up hills only to find their home in a net.

They're thrown 15 feet to pole in the ground....

the only similarity is both are fun to do while drinking...

Old Post Apr 28th, 2004 08:37 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote