KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Gandalf the white Vs. Magneto (movie Version)

who would win in an all out battle to the death, magneto ro gandalf?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Magneto would dominate gandalf. 8 50.00%
Magneto woudl barely scrape a defeat over gandalf. 0 0%
gandalf would mop the floor with magneto. 5 31.25%
who are we kidding...gandalf would just change magneto in a (flamming) monkey. 3 18.75%
Total: 16 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gandalf the white Vs. Magneto (movie Version)
Started by: KillAll

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KillAll

Gandalf the white Vs. Magneto (movie Version)

this could go under magneto vs. but i thought it would be interesting to put it here where it could be discussed separately. so Ian Mckellen vs. himself. which version is more powerful?

i guess we should cover 2 subjects at once while we are at it. should he play in x-men 3 if there is one made? or should they use a different villain all together? thanx alot.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 09:17 AM
KillAll is currently offline Click here to Send KillAll a Private Message Find more posts by KillAll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Gandalf seemed really underpowered and underrated in the lord of the rings films.

I would have to go for magneto though. Gandalf is really just wise more than powerful, whereas Magneto is Super powerful and is also very wise as well.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 11:52 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Gandalf

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 11:55 AM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

If gandalf realised his full potential and used his full range of powers, then he might just stand a chance, but he rarely does that.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 11:57 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beavis46

couldnt magneto just throw every single sword in middle earth at gandalf at once?thatd do it

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 12:25 PM
beavis46 is currently offline Click here to Send beavis46 a Private Message Find more posts by beavis46 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

yup. mag is way more powerful than gandalf.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 12:29 PM
KillAll

yea i kinda agree that magneto is too powerful. but don't know what the magics are capable of that gandalf posess. but in the 2 towers, ganalf was fast enough to knock arrows out of the sky while deflecting 2 other hero's actions at once. magneto better not slip up or he could lose.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 07:51 PM
KillAll is currently offline Click here to Send KillAll a Private Message Find more posts by KillAll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alex-Neo
Legend

Now this would be interesting fight, my fav. is magneto but i think Gandalf might win he is one of the most powerful wizards around he just chooses not to use his powers because it makes him look more mystical, actually no i say Magneto because he is very powerful and yea could just rip him in half or self all the swords at him or give him a blood clot but again saying that Gandalf is imortal is he not he is a protector of earth sent from god. tough call!

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 10:06 PM
Alex-Neo is currently offline Click here to Send Alex-Neo a Private Message Find more posts by Alex-Neo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperDarryl

Magneto way over-powered for Gandolf to match up with him, it's a mix-match! Gandolf is a pretty cool guy, he carries a sword, has a staff that lights up in the dark, and can cast a few medicore spells. But by no means is he able to hang in a sort of class with Magneto. Magento can shape and manipulate magnetic fields, he can create magnetic force fields around himself that is almost impentrable, fired bolts of electricity, destroy shit with heat, get the picture? Magneto would obliterate, annihilate, and destroy Gandalf Grey or Gandalf White, with no problem what so ever. laughing

Attachment: gandalf.jpg
This has been downloaded 82 time(s).

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 11:02 PM
SuperDarryl is currently offline Click here to Send SuperDarryl a Private Message Find more posts by SuperDarryl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperDarryl

Magneto would kick ass mad

Attachment: x2-magneto.jpg
This has been downloaded 73 time(s).

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 11:05 PM
SuperDarryl is currently offline Click here to Send SuperDarryl a Private Message Find more posts by SuperDarryl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillAll

but i'm talking about the movie version of magneto. the comic book version of magneto is much to much for gandalf. but the movie version is more down to earth, whom i still think would have a handfull with gandalf the white. gandalf isn't "a conjurer of cheap tricks" by his own account. i think he COULD win under certain circumstances.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2004 11:05 PM
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

There pretty even but Gandalf is immortal, an angel to be exact, and magneto is an old man who apparently cannot control his powers completely because he had to use Rogue in the first movie... but the comic version is infinitely more powerful.... Yet the full power of Gandalf is limitless...

Old Post Apr 30th, 2004 03:08 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

is it the movie version of magneto vs. movie version of gandalf? then it would be gandalf. if you want to use comic version magneto please also use the book version of gandalf. i read all three lord of the rings books (the older versions), and gandalf is definitely more powerful. the reason why he doesn't use all of his power is because it is dangerous to other living beings if he did. so i pick gandalf.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2004 04:38 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolverine8888
Restricted

Account Restricted

that true I have read the books also I love gimli he the man well dwarf

Old Post Apr 30th, 2004 04:43 AM
wolverine8888 is currently offline Click here to Send wolverine8888 a Private Message Find more posts by wolverine8888 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

Right on the money Froth

Old Post Apr 30th, 2004 05:08 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nomsans

Magneto Vs Gandalf

no holds barred battle to the death. who would win?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2004 04:01 PM
nomsans is currently offline Click here to Send nomsans a Private Message Find more posts by nomsans Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

magneto all the way.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2004 04:11 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

movie Magneto & Gandalf? or comic ones? (if there's any difference and IF there's a comic Gandalf)

by Scythe

Old Post Oct 31st, 2004 04:47 PM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Magneto. Gandalf's a little wuss bag.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2004 05:47 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

quote:
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Magneto. Gandalf's a little wuss bag.

At least he's not some psychopath and a would-be world conqueror like Magneto.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2004 06:02 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote