KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » KotOR 2 is gonna rock

KotOR 2 is gonna rock
Started by: Creechuur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

Yeah, but it made no sense that the characters were more or less indifferent to your dark side choices until the end of the game. It was way too scripted. I hope that as your character grows in light or dark side, similarly aligned characters will also grow while opposite characters will not, or go the opposite way. You should gain bonuses when fighting with similarly aligned characters and suffer penalties when fighting with opposites. It would better simulate a 'group dynamic', something very important in most pen and paper RPGs.

"Did Braveheart run away? Did Payback run away?"

Old Post May 7th, 2004 10:03 PM
Click here to Send Creechuur a Private Message Find more posts by Creechuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

They weren't really "indifferent"--they got pissed off at you if you did something really mean.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post May 7th, 2004 11:32 PM
Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

which i was awesome...when u were able to make the wookie kil his best friend i was like YEEESSSS

Old Post May 8th, 2004 01:01 AM
Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

would it be good if you could make your team members fall to the dark/light side when you do ?

Old Post May 8th, 2004 09:59 PM
Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

I wouldve dug it if Juhani fell with my character while Jolee stayed the neutral outcast course, but noticed that my character was going bad and reacted to it.

It would make sense to me that Juhani fell, since she was at a delicate stage in her Jedi career. Jolee, on the hand, had been around the block a few times so he wouldnt be swayed by my character, it would just give him more reason to give me 'old man lectures', hehe.

Old Post May 9th, 2004 12:11 AM
Click here to Send Creechuur a Private Message Find more posts by Creechuur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

poor old guy....got himself killed......4 times at least:-)

Old Post May 9th, 2004 09:33 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

I made some cool KotR2 wallpapers, but I can't figure out how to post them...theyre like 2+ megs each. Anyone know of a way I can put them up in here?

Old Post May 10th, 2004 07:15 PM
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

Heres some recent info that Obsidian gave up about the game:

"One of the most interesting things we discovered about The Sith Lords' intro is that, while the game won't actually read your save from the original KOTOR, Obsidian will use an old-school method to have the storyline in The Sith Lords reflect the way your story in KOTOR played out. Conversations with Krea and other characters in the early part of the game will let you provide the game with information on what happened in your own particular game of KOTOR, and this will ensure that your experience in The Sith Lords reflects those events."

Sounds pretty cool...definitely will add to replay value. The whole story can be found at Gamespot.com.

Old Post May 10th, 2004 09:07 PM
wuTa

i heard there are 4 possilbe ending...thats what i HEARD...i dont know if its true

Old Post May 10th, 2004 09:15 PM
Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

4 endings makes sense to me, given the latest info.

You can tell the sequel you were either good or bad in the first game, and you can go either good or bad during the course of the game.

Good > Good
Good > Bad
Bad > Good
Bad >Bad

Hopefully theres a lot of variety within those branches too, as far as skill development and mission choices go, to make for even more replay value. Damn, its a year away and its already sounding pretty sick.

Old Post May 10th, 2004 09:49 PM
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

Some wallpapers...

Attachment: kotor2wp.jpg
This has been downloaded 63 time(s).

Old Post May 11th, 2004 09:07 AM
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

Attachment: kotor2jedi.jpg
This has been downloaded 55 time(s).

Old Post May 11th, 2004 09:09 AM
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

Attachment: kotor2sith.jpg
This has been downloaded 55 time(s).

Old Post May 11th, 2004 09:19 AM
Kraken
Wraith

How did you get those pictures?

Old Post May 11th, 2004 04:54 PM
Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

Theres a new article at Gamespot.com with some concept art. I just photoshopped up some wallpapers with them. Hope y'all dig em.

Old Post May 11th, 2004 05:57 PM
wuTa

i want that sith to be in my party

Old Post May 11th, 2004 06:01 PM
Kraken
Wraith

thanks for the info.

Old Post May 12th, 2004 01:33 PM
Creechuur
Ish Disturber

New KotOR2 article

"As mentioned, you now start off as a Jedi, rather than having to traverse half the game to discover your inherit abilities to command the force. However, there is a catch in that you’ve been a very naughty boy/girl. The Jedi Council impeded your access to the force as punishment for aiding the former renegade Revan in the previous game. The status of said rogue Jedi is unknown, though rumour persists that he entered an uncharted portion of the galaxy. This mental block forced upon you by the council needs removing and help soon makes itself known in the form of a Jedi mentor called Kreia."

Heres the link:
http://www.videogameslife.com/pages/article/pvw/278.htm

Old Post Jun 12th, 2004 05:11 AM
JediMasterRevan

nice wallpaper

Old Post Jun 12th, 2004 01:18 PM
Click here to Send JediMasterRevan a Private Message Find more posts by JediMasterRevan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evolution
Restricted

Account Restricted

igngames.com/xbox has a pic of one of the new planets for kotor2

Old Post Jun 12th, 2004 11:56 PM
Click here to Send Evolution a Private Message Find more posts by Evolution Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote