KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » your football(soccer) DREAM TEAM

your football(soccer) DREAM TEAM
Started by: Deano

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Fire

calling a player the best in the world is a dumb thing to do IMO a player can at best be the best in the world at a specific position and even then it's arguable

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jun 5th, 2004 11:48 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scottie
poiuytrewq

quote:
Originally posted by Fire
calling a player the best in the world is a dumb thing to do IMO a player can at best be the best in the world at a specific position and even then it's arguable

Larsson may not be the best ever but there are few forwards who have the skill and the flair the super swedish striker posseses. He managed to score over 50 goals for us in one season after just coming back from havin broken his leg.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2004 12:49 PM
Scottie is currently offline Click here to Send Scottie a Private Message Find more posts by Scottie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
G.P
living bank advertisement

You could say the same thing about Mario Jardel (42 goals in Championship, and I don't know how many in cups,...) : these are good striker in one season, in not-that-good championships (no offence) and when all the team play for them.
That's why strikers like Henry, v. Nistelrooy, Vieri, even Ronaldo deserve to be called the best ones.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2004 05:23 PM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scottie
poiuytrewq

quote:
Originally posted by G.P
...That's why strikers like Henry, v. Nistelrooy, Vieri, even Ronaldo deserve to be called the best ones.

Even though they are great players Larsson is still up thier with the rest of them.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2004 07:06 PM
Scottie is currently offline Click here to Send Scottie a Private Message Find more posts by Scottie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jpa

Dream Team

GK:Oliver kahn

DL:roberto Carlos
DC:Walter Samuel
DC:Lucio
DR:Christian Panucci

ML:Van der Vaart
DMC:Viera
MR:Totti
AMC:Ronaldinho

FC:Raul
FC:Henry

Old Post Jun 5th, 2004 09:58 PM
jpa is currently offline Click here to Send jpa a Private Message Find more posts by jpa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juventus
what a pig!

why are there no inzaghi and owen????

The Gold Rush
The Kid
City Lights
Modern Times
The Circus

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 04:15 AM
Juventus is currently offline Click here to Send Juventus a Private Message Find more posts by Juventus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by Fire
well as a coach you can place him wherever you want to

True, but not every player adapts wink
He's good in the middle going a bit to the left. Working the middle with 2 other players.

We also must take in consideration the championship the players play in. For example Inzaghi, I dont think he'd do well outside Italy. (Thats my opinion of course).

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 12:58 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by G.P
You could say the same thing about Mario Jardel (42 goals in Championship, and I don't know how many in cups,...) : these are good striker in one season, in not-that-good championships (no offence) and when all the team play for them.
That's why strikers like Henry, v. Nistelrooy, Vieri, even Ronaldo deserve to be called the best ones.

The only thing Jardel was being in the right place at the right time. The man didnt even need to run and couldnt do nothing with a ball at his feet.
In all fairness however Man Unite plays for v. Nistelrooy.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 01:01 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Kahn is a good player, but he's starting to get too old to be the best ever. If schmeichel was still playing, I would pick him for goalkeeper, but he's retired now sad

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 02:33 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scottie
poiuytrewq

quote:
Originally posted by eleveninches
Kahn is a good player, but he's starting to get too old to be the best ever. If schmeichel was still playing, I would pick him for goalkeeper, but he's retired now sad

One of the best Keeper ive seen in years is 18 year old David Marshall for Celtic although he isnt the best he is a definite up and comer and is sure to be in my dream team in a few years. I would have to agree that if schmeichel where still playing i would pick him.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 02:45 PM
Corlindel
Noldor

Schmeichel was great smile

He played one season in Sporting and he help us a lot to win the league...And Jardel too smile

Jardel was a great player and he knew waht to do with the ball in his feet. We cant forget the goals he scored in Champions League against top defences of the greatest european teams, not only in leagues as G.P. wrote.
I think he almost 30 goals in Uefa competitions as Porto, Sporting and Galatasary player. And at least 24 of them only in Champions League in trhee years playing for Porto and Galatasaray. It is a great mark.
His problem now is psicological and only since he got the divorce from his wife huh
A great player but a stupid and silly guy. I think his career is near over.

Por minha Dama
«...et tu seras pour moi unique au monde, et je serais pour toi unique au monde...»

Last edited by Corlindel on Jun 8th, 2004 at 12:44 AM

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 12:35 AM
Corlindel is currently offline Click here to Send Corlindel a Private Message Find more posts by Corlindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corlindel
Noldor

quote:
Originally posted by G.P
in not-that-good championships (no offence)

Like french league? stick out tongue

Sorry, no offence too. I tried to avoid it but I could not wink

Por minha Dama
«...et tu seras pour moi unique au monde, et je serais pour toi unique au monde...»

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 12:50 AM
Corlindel is currently offline Click here to Send Corlindel a Private Message Find more posts by Corlindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by Corlindel
Schmeichel was great smile

He played one season in Sporting and he help us a lot to win the league...And Jardel too smile

Jardel was a great player and he knew waht to do with the ball in his feet. We cant forget the goals he scored in Champions League against top defences of the greatest european teams, not only in leagues as G.P. wrote.
I think he almost 30 goals in Uefa competitions as Porto, Sporting and Galatasary player. And at least 24 of them only in Champions League in trhee years playing for Porto and Galatasaray. It is a great mark.
His problem now is psicological and only since he got the divorce from his wife huh
A great player but a stupid and silly guy. I think his career is near over.

Oh please, the man couldnt make a drible (or whatever the hell its called in english). Plus he was a lazy ass. Even before his ass got to heavy (fat!) to run. He was good at placing himself and the team played for him. The whole psychological thing was because he wanted to leave Sporting. The wife bit was bogus.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 12:24 PM
Corran
Lucifer

__________________Buffon____________________

____Cannavaro_____Campbell_______Nesta______

__________Viera___________Gerrard____________
____Zidane_______________________Ronaldinho___
________________Rooney_______________________
_________Ronaldo________Henry_______________

Manager: Dave Moyes wink
Subs:
Carlos
Figo
Beckham
Pires
Gravesen
Nigel Martin

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 12:46 PM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corlindel
Noldor

kes: Yes. He couldnt dribble but he didnt miss a goal too. And that was his role.

There was a time when you (Benfica) were completely f***d for let him go to Porto.

And find me another player who has scored 23 goals in Champions League only in three seasons.

Por minha Dama

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 03:57 PM
Deano

i bet raul has

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 04:20 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
G.P
living bank advertisement

quote:
Originally posted by Corlindel
Like french league? stick out tongue
Of Course like the French league...who do you think I am ?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 04:44 PM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

GP... the bringer of french thingies big grin

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 05:00 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scottie
poiuytrewq

quote:
Originally posted by Kes
Oh please, the man couldnt make a drible (or whatever the hell its called in english). Plus he was a lazy ass. Even before his ass got to heavy (fat!) to run. He was good at placing himself and the team played for him. The whole psychological thing was because he wanted to leave Sporting. The wife bit was bogus.

Damn Right!!!

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 06:40 PM
Corlindel
Noldor

quote:
Originally posted by G.P
Of Course like the French league...who do you think I am ?

big grin smile

Por minha Dama

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 11:44 PM