KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Should a new Superman movie be made?

Who should play Supes if he ever gets back on to the big screen?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Dean Cain 3 37.50%
Tom Welling 5 62.50%
Total: 8 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Should a new Superman movie be made?
Started by: sonofasaiyan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sonofasaiyan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Should a new Superman movie be made?

Should a new Superman film be made considering there far superior CGI effects today compared to 20+ years ago. And who should play him? Tom Welling (Smallville) or Dean Cain (Lois and Clark)?

(please log in to view the image)

If we keep pushing technology, eventually it will push back.

Old Post May 9th, 2004 01:42 AM
sonofasaiyan is currently offline Click here to Send sonofasaiyan a Private Message Find more posts by sonofasaiyan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mpatterson

its not going to be them one to young and one a little older now.
remeber tom welling is playing a young version of superman,
in smallville lex luther is a nice guy. soon heel go nuts and start
kill people and he can not know superman's eyedenttre.

Old Post May 9th, 2004 02:06 AM
mpatterson is currently offline Click here to Send mpatterson a Private Message Find more posts by mpatterson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

I doubt that it will be either of them, but I liked dean cain as CK a lot more than Tom Welling. Tom always seemed to be a whiney superman, but the first things I saw of superman was the TV show with Dean Cain.

Old Post May 9th, 2004 02:15 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mpatterson

i think pasted supermans would just pass the tourch and dean cain was a
good superman

Old Post May 9th, 2004 02:47 AM
mpatterson is currently offline Click here to Send mpatterson a Private Message Find more posts by mpatterson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LeAtHerRFace
Founder Of Fight Club

Dean Cain

Old Post May 9th, 2004 03:18 AM
LeAtHerRFace is currently offline Click here to Send LeAtHerRFace a Private Message Find more posts by LeAtHerRFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rasta

Tom Welling.

Old Post May 9th, 2004 10:46 AM
Rasta is currently offline Click here to Send Rasta a Private Message Find more posts by Rasta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
inni23

Dean Cain

visit users.skynet.be/bongoo

Last edited by inni23 on May 22nd, 2004 at 10:12 AM

Old Post May 22nd, 2004 10:09 AM
inni23 is currently offline Click here to Send inni23 a Private Message Find more posts by inni23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colabee
Discombobulated.

I wouldn't really want either of them for the new movie. I'm still rooting for an unknown.

Old Post May 22nd, 2004 01:18 PM
Colabee is currently offline Click here to Send Colabee a Private Message Find more posts by Colabee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hobington

I read on the web that the script has been on the shelf for three years due to not finding the right actor ( think it wasin the times) Brandon Fraiser was aproched

I can't really see him has Superman

the artical wAS ABOUT UPDATING Superman in the comics the new writers wanted to give him flaws make him a darker character like batman

Old Post May 22nd, 2004 01:27 PM
hobington is currently offline Click here to Send hobington a Private Message Find more posts by hobington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hobington

it was posted in the Entertainment section of Aol but it was writin by the New York Times and dame if I can find it now

Old Post May 22nd, 2004 01:51 PM
hobington is currently offline Click here to Send hobington a Private Message Find more posts by hobington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hobington

oh and the reason actors are turning down the role is because no one wants to wear the tights go figure

Old Post May 22nd, 2004 01:52 PM
OB1-adobe

I would like to see Tom Welling as Superman. Right now it would make sense. To have a movie without all of the exposition of he came to earth.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2004 06:06 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigp

I would love a new Superman movie, but I don't want Dean Cain as Superman. For most resemblence to the TRUE movie Superman (Christopher Reeve) it would have to be Tom Welling. The guy looks and sounds like he could be Reeve's younger brother or son.

As for the plot of the movie, not sure if I'd want a continuation of the plotlines in the Reeve movies (ie, make a Superman V) or if they should start from scratch. I'm not a huge reader of the Superman comics, but even so in the 17-or-so years since Superman IV a LOT has changed in the comics.

Actually, what I'd really like would be a movie version of the Doomsday story (Superman's Death, the Cyborg etc) from around 1993-4, although that would be a little ambitious I think for a first new movie.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2004 02:34 AM
bigp is currently offline Click here to Send bigp a Private Message Find more posts by bigp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreeFallingHero

To be honest, there IS a new Superman movie being planned, it is properly names: Superman Returns. It is due out in the summer of 06. The only named cast of the movie is the star, Brandon Routh, who is a very unknown actor starring in a MTV soap opera "undressed" His short resume inclueds guest appearances on "One Life To Live", "Will And Grace", and "Gilmore Girls". that is pretty much all i could find on the movie other than sets of the Kent Farm are being made in Fox Studios Sydny, Aus and shipped to a small country town to be filmed. Reports of Daily Planet sets being made are also being circulated.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 08:21 AM
FreeFallingHero is currently offline Click here to Send FreeFallingHero a Private Message Find more posts by FreeFallingHero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KAL_EL_REBORN

Brandon Routh was fired from the soap he was on for um "not being a good enough actor" which was the reason the producers of the show gave.. They re-casted his role, and got another actor who fit there bill a bit better..
hmmm he was also on crap shows like Gilmore Girls, and MTV Undressed... VERY BAD casting by Bryan Singer.... Very BAD!
Ive seen Brandon Routh, and wooden is not what id call his acting skills.
Id call em non-existing to be honest.
The guys a terrible terrible actor... one of the worst i have ever seen in my life to be honest.
The only way i would like to see a new superman movie is if its with the new incarnation which is Smallvilles Tom Welling... OR a new origins which has nothing to do with either the old movies or the smallville cast.

This new movie with B.J as he is called will fail big time because of the concept, and bad casting.
Alot of bad buzz, and bad backlash has followed this movie already, and not 1 scene has even been shot yet!
most movie or superman sites such as "super hero hype" "aint it cool news" "thekryptonian.com" "kryptonsite.com", "talk.thewb.com", and many others have had many people saying that they will not watch the movie because they picked the wrong person for the role.
also a person who looks nothing like Superman.

Ive seen many people express there hatred for singers casting choice, and after watching this screwup work on some shows ill agree he sucks!
the guy looks like he's reading cue cards when he says his lines.

Tom Welling is the new Superman, and this movie is very dissrespectful in how its going to tread over the Reeve movies.
Its a basic sequel to superman 2.. Story picks up 6 years after the events in Superman 2... The main badguy is going to be Zod again!
Speaking of bad ideas.
I will pass on this movie... I dont care how nice the fx look when the trailer hit.. Singer has let me, and millions of Superman die hards down.
Big time.
He should have stayed with his xmen movies...

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 11:52 PM
KAL_EL_REBORN is currently offline Click here to Send KAL_EL_REBORN a Private Message Find more posts by KAL_EL_REBORN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote