KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The moon

The moon
Started by: Arctic Ice

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arctic Ice

The moon

I have a scientific question, or so I think, that I would like answered as soon as possible. Recently, I have noticed around 12:00 at night, Brisbane, Australia time, when looking at the moon, that there is a ring of clouds that to our eyes, we'd say was about two meters in diameter. Other clouds that as I would suspect are on a different layer (sphere) are still crossing over the moon at the same time though. If anyone has some answers, or can just shed some light, I'd greatly appreciate it. I suspect it has something to do with the magnetic pull of the moon. After all, it controls tides, can it control water vapour too?

thankyou,
Adam

If not through this forum, feel free to email me personally at [email protected]

P.S. I can also supply an adequate photo of this phenomenon

Old Post May 10th, 2004 07:26 AM
Arctic Ice is currently offline Click here to Send Arctic Ice a Private Message Find more posts by Arctic Ice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Old Post May 10th, 2004 04:54 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

I think the moon is made of cheese.... confused

Old Post May 10th, 2004 07:33 PM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Mmm... Cheese...

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post May 10th, 2004 07:53 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

Nothing to do with gravity, or magnetism, I'm afraid... cirrostratus clouds behave like this, forming a sort of halo around the moon... becaus they are a high cloud, other cloud formations will appear to pass in front, and the structure of the ice crystals forming the cirrostratus clouds form an optical illusion that makes it appear that the moon is either surrounded by the clouds, or that the clouds are behind the moon... sorry...

Old Post May 10th, 2004 11:19 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

orrrr I am very dumm but I do get an 95 average. Maybe it is because astrounats made alot of clouds float into the space so then it was clsoest to the moon and the moon magnetises them to itself.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post May 11th, 2004 01:06 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arctic Ice

Thankyou to all who replied. Especially Kirk, who actually answered my question. And no, I'm afraid, the moon is not made of cheese. and if it were, it wouldn't be "mmm, cheese" sorry to say, it would be covered with inches of dust. And that would not be very nice to eat.

Thankyou again,
Adam

Old Post May 11th, 2004 07:13 AM
Arctic Ice is currently offline Click here to Send Arctic Ice a Private Message Find more posts by Arctic Ice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fetcharada
OutrageousBiatch~!

i don't really understand what u r saying but i'd luv 2 go 2 the moon lol

Old Post May 11th, 2004 07:16 PM
Fetcharada is currently offline Click here to Send Fetcharada a Private Message Find more posts by Fetcharada Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

No worries... its amazing what you learn as a Scout....

Old Post May 11th, 2004 10:46 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote