KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » What others think & YOUR opinion

What others think & YOUR opinion
Started by: Tassie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Joy2dWorld
Oriental Potentate

i was influenced by 2 people from different the ends of the spectrum-- a 40+ year old woman and a 2-year old girl.

the woman was my boss, i couldnt believe how a successful career woman would be hooked on Harry Potter books. I was witness to all the times she told our office messenger not to stop looking for each book in all the bookstores bcoz they were running out of stock! she is our deputy executive director and recommended it to me when she temporarily appointed me as her acting executive assistant. she was kinda like my mentor & i admired her a lot. but i still didnt want to buy the books bcoz i actually thought that its just a waste of money-- can you believe that?!

but i saw the SS & CoS movies bcoz i took my younger brother & his friends to see them. i liked them a lot but i still didnt want to read the books.

then it happened-- one day we tried to scare my 2year old niece to sleep by showing her a picture of Dobby. but instead of getting scared, she liked Dobby! when we took her to the mall, she saw Dobby's picture in one of the video stores there & didnt stop crying until we bought the homevideo! she would watch it like almost everyday until we all got sick of it! when she saw catalogues of HP merchandise, she took out Dan Radcliffe's HP pictures and she would place them beside her pillow everytime she went to bed-- i asked myself in disbelief "how can a 2year old act this way?!"

so i realized then that the appeal of HP works across the boundaries of all demographics -- i said to myself "there must be something in those books, i must discover its mystery!"

and since then i knew i was "doomed" to be a fan! stick out tongue

Happy Dance Slytherin rulez! Rupert Rox My Sox! Weasley Is My King! Go R/H! Happy Dance

Old Post May 14th, 2004 03:55 PM
Joy2dWorld is currently offline Click here to Send Joy2dWorld a Private Message Find more posts by Joy2dWorld Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestial_moon
celes

yah...oops...well i wanted him 2 read it!

-Don't leave us

Old Post May 14th, 2004 10:21 PM
celestial_moon is currently offline Click here to Send celestial_moon a Private Message Find more posts by celestial_moon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RebelPhoenix
I work in mysterious ways

It's a shame it didn't work, maybe next time wink lol

Official Gryffindor Lawyer

Old Post May 14th, 2004 10:38 PM
RebelPhoenix is currently offline Click here to Send RebelPhoenix a Private Message Find more posts by RebelPhoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestial_moon
celes

i knew i should've stapled it 2 his shirt...

-Don't leave us

Old Post May 15th, 2004 03:25 AM
celestial_moon is currently offline Click here to Send celestial_moon a Private Message Find more posts by celestial_moon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

Lol, c_m laughing out loud

Old Post May 15th, 2004 02:49 PM
Tassie is currently offline Click here to Send Tassie a Private Message Find more posts by Tassie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestial_moon
celes

big grin

-Don't leave us

Old Post May 15th, 2004 03:00 PM
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

the people i know don't even bother to read the book a sit is labeled a "children's book!"
that is a disgrace for HP books...

Old Post May 15th, 2004 06:50 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tigress
Slash Queen Senior Member

quote:
Originally posted by RebelPhoenix
^You glued it to his pillow! Lol! big grin

laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance cool

Old Post May 15th, 2004 06:51 PM
tigress is currently offline Click here to Send tigress a Private Message Find more posts by tigress Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestial_moon
celes

angel i swear, it was 4 a good cause!

-Don't leave us

Old Post May 15th, 2004 10:05 PM
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

quote:
Originally posted by punkyhermy
the people i know don't even bother to read the book a sit is labeled a "children's book!"
that is a disgrace for HP books...

-------------

One one side I pitty them for the fun they are missing
But on the other side I'm a bit jelouse to them, cause I was like them, but the jelousity goes for the moment some of them will start reading the books.. damn it so exciting

$$$REMEMBER DUMBLEDORE$$$

R.I.P Headmaster Severus Snape

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Tigg, RebPhoe, Maika, Rogue, Sarant, ADarksideJedi, MUSC

Old Post May 16th, 2004 10:31 PM
Unicor777 is currently offline Click here to Send Unicor777 a Private Message Find more posts by Unicor777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

I can't believe how people can go without the pleasures of reading... it's so magical, almost literally so, I love reading...
I don't pity them at all... the filthy, fat hobbitses mad

Old Post May 16th, 2004 11:08 PM
Tassie is currently offline Click here to Send Tassie a Private Message Find more posts by Tassie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

hp is one of those effed up books that I'll read and like, and then go for it again and despise it. the first time through, these books are great, but, at least to me, they started to grow real predictable; maybe it's just me, I dunno.

I'm a signature!

Old Post May 16th, 2004 11:14 PM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

yeah, it's just you^^

laughing I can't believe you're in this forum

Old Post May 16th, 2004 11:17 PM
Spearhead
Prophet

me neither

I was never here ninja

I'm a signature!

Old Post May 16th, 2004 11:18 PM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tassie

yes you were yes

now post post post post post

Old Post May 16th, 2004 11:39 PM
Spearhead
Prophet

I already did eek!

I'm a signature!

Old Post May 16th, 2004 11:48 PM
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

can u explain ?

$$$REMEMBER DUMBLEDORE$$$

R.I.P Headmaster Severus Snape

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Tigg, RebPhoe, Maika, Rogue, Sarant, ADarksideJedi, MUSC

Old Post May 18th, 2004 07:48 AM
Unicor777 is currently offline Click here to Send Unicor777 a Private Message Find more posts by Unicor777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote