KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Too many sequels?

Too many sequels?
Started by: enyafreak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Thats true, the comic book adaptations starting flying in. And most are gonna be sequeled anyway. Captain America, Fantastic Four, even Dragonball Z (for goodness sake) are soon on the way. I dont think this will end sometime soon either. My opinion, only big-time comics should be adapted, the mediocre ones would only eventually kill off the comicbook-movie theme.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 03:56 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
plenTpak52
Pinball Wizard

yea I think they've covered all the greats.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 04:26 AM
plenTpak52 is currently offline Click here to Send plenTpak52 a Private Message Find more posts by plenTpak52 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lukeyduckey
Soon u be slagging ME off

I be seeing Rush Hour 3. Lord of da rings, matrix, harry poter.
Bour identy 2 (matt Damon!!)
and i know it bound to be bad but coz im a fan of Matthew Perry The whole nine yeards...or its proper nsame a futher nine yeards or was it the whol ten yeards??
I think sequals are alright....coz sometimes you want the charcters to come back. Like in the rush hours or shangh noon/knight

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 08:11 AM
lukeyduckey is currently offline Click here to Send lukeyduckey a Private Message Find more posts by lukeyduckey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I think marvel is onto a good thing with starting a film franchise, it's nice to finally be able to see somecimic books turned into film properly. After years of crap, however it doesnt look like the crap will stop anytime soon. The only ones worth watching are the original x-men and spiderman

Old Post Oct 17th, 2003 10:59 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Thats true. I dont give Batman 5 much hope either, nor Hulk 2.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2003 12:08 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sugarxen

yah, i'm happy for the comic boom in the movies...to add to that list is Ghost rider and hellboy are in production for 2004 and 2005 i think. hey they can make sequels to expand characters/show more characters as long as they don't do it wrong like so many others gone before...:P

Old Post Oct 18th, 2003 04:31 PM
sugarxen is currently offline Click here to Send sugarxen a Private Message Find more posts by sugarxen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
buffymitch
Colossus

Any Hullk Sequel will be better than the first that's a fact. The sequel i'm waiting for the most now is Resident Evil 2. I think i'll give batman 5 a chance because i think they will just start over. THe bourne Suprmacy sound cool enough to watch since the first wasn't that bad.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2003 08:20 PM
buffymitch is currently offline Click here to Send buffymitch a Private Message Find more posts by buffymitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

quote:
Originally posted by vvvrulz
Thats true. I dont give Batman 5 much hope either, nor Hulk 2.

Hulk 2 (please log in to view the image)

I guess in a comic book adaptation a sequel is expected. The 1st is the set up. Explaining and introducing the characters to the non-fans. And then the juicy stuff for the fans big grin (I'm talking about X-men wink )

Old Post Oct 18th, 2003 08:20 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Resident Evil Two, Definately awaiting that. Who here has seen bad boys 2? Any good?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2003 12:47 AM
roberto

this isa delicate issue for me guys,
ok,
yes it is true that far too many mediocre movies are getting sequels.
why?
simple.
they have 0 ideas
so thats why were gonna be forced to sit through XXX2 or even Barbershop 2 christ id rather see gilgi 2 than that!!!
but, for me, i'll be looking forward to christopher nicol's batman, christian bale rules ass!!!!
that said, the chronicles of riddick will be ace and i loved boondock saints although i might be alone in thinking that.......

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=roberto

Old Post Oct 19th, 2003 01:01 AM
roberto is currently offline Click here to Send roberto a Private Message Find more posts by roberto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

No way, Boondock Saints is a great movie. As for Batman 5, it will succeed if they go in a line directly opposite to that of Batman 3 and 4.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2003 02:39 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Why does everyone always say "There just out of ideas" when asked with "why are there so many bad movies and so many sequals and remakes?"? This isnt due to lack of creativity behind the movies. It's due to the lack of braincells in the head of the person purchasing a ticket to these high budget, fast paced, no logical thought what-so-ever involved, eye candy special effects, and last but not least. The ear drum rupturring, dolby, digital, surround sound, THX approved movies. If you can get these dumb asses to stop buying tickets to dumbass movies, then we may start to get less dumbass movies, and more enjoyable.

Hollywood is only about money, nothing else. so they follow whats hot. if it's hot..well its hot. If its cold "we had nothing to do with it" if it's creative, and well made. It will one day become a cult classic and over marketed because it's hot now. If its just creative it might end up on the top shelf of your VHS tapes collecting dust, but still the best and most real movie you have ever seen in your life. It's not the lack of creativity, its the lack of intrest in creativity that is ruining movies and everything else entertainment

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Oct 19th, 2003 at 02:22 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2003 02:18 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sugarxen

quote:
Originally posted by vvvrulz
Resident Evil Two, Definately awaiting that. Who here has seen bad boys 2? Any good?

Bad boys 2 wasn't a bad squel i must admit. i had high hopes being a fan of the original and i was surprisingly impressed with the second installment. there was laspes in the action...but most was made up with gun fights and ruthless comedy! love will smith! it follows the original quite well so go see it! i can't explain! big grin just goooo see!

Old Post Oct 19th, 2003 03:48 PM
sugarxen is currently offline Click here to Send sugarxen a Private Message Find more posts by sugarxen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kes
Philie

I think most production companies just dont want to take risks so they go with what they know will make money. Sequels is the best way. messed

Old Post Oct 19th, 2003 05:14 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

I agree. Sequels are the best way for Hollywood to get money nowadays. Even if the sequel is crap, a hell of a lot of ppl will go see it just because it's part of the series.

I actually like sequels, and I don't see what's so wrong with the idea. True, many are crap, but you forget they ever came out after a while. A really good sequel sticks with you

Old Post Oct 19th, 2003 07:58 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

quote:
Originally posted by sugarxen
Bad boys 2 wasn't a bad squel i must admit. i had high hopes being a fan of the original and i was surprisingly impressed with the second installment. there was laspes in the action...but most was made up with gun fights and ruthless comedy! love will smith! it follows the original quite well so go see it! i can't explain! big grin just goooo see!

Thanks, ill be sure to. As for what RagesRemorse said back there, it makes sense, they make the brainless sequels, and the brainless go watch, big cash return, and everyone wins. Except for critics like me of course.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2003 04:30 AM
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

Are there too many sequels now a days?

With these new batch of summer flicks coming out I began to notice that quite a few were just repeats of hits from the past. Sure we all have high hopes for Spiderman 2 and Shrek, but what is to come of these other sequels that are to be released, why is the film industry feeding off past hit, such as the "Ring" with its upcoming sequel, also "the princess diaries" sequel is to be released as well. along w/ a new Exorcist film to be out in theaters by fall, why is it that the film industry is throwing at us these sequels, some are sequels to films few have even heard of such as "The Chronicles of Riddick" a sequel to the disappointing film "Pitch Black" not one month this entire summer doesnt have a sequel the last month that didnt have a sequel was February, and there wont be a sequel free month until September, that has alot to say, maybe the film industry is running out of ideas, maybe these new films to come such as "King Arthur" and "The Village" are the last of their kind, last original works, sure there are other films coming out that are adaptions of past favorites such as "Garfield" or "Fat Albert" but that really does not count does it? they were shows before so they are not really 'original' are they? what do you think about all these sequels poping up, there seems to be at least 2 sequels a month, do you think there are too many sequels lately?

Old Post May 16th, 2004 10:21 PM
Drifter101 is currently offline Click here to Send Drifter101 a Private Message Find more posts by Drifter101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

There are too many bad sequels, and there are also becoming way too many remakes as well. Some sequels are pretty good, or better than the original, you have to admit.

Old Post May 16th, 2004 10:30 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

It's not that there are too many sequels, its just that the sequels rely mostly on the first movie's popularity to get a good opening week at the theaters before sinking into anonymity as a mediocre movies. It's pretty much a proven fact that sequels aren't as good as the first one, with very few exceptions.

I'm a signature!

Old Post May 16th, 2004 10:31 PM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Diavolo
moshpit assasin

i know i mean look at the hulk for christ (god bless his soal) sake!!! that was a disaster waiting to happen although i diddnt mind spiderman too much and were gonna hve some fun with the punisher he was god

Old Post May 16th, 2004 10:33 PM
Jack Diavolo is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Diavolo a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Diavolo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote