KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Conspiracy Forum » Secret Societies

Secret Societies
Started by: WindDancer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Question Secret Societies.

Do you believe that there are secret societies in the world that shape the events of history? Do you agree with the idea that Secret societies were founded to promote certain ideal aims, to be obtained not by violent but by moral measures. Secret societies may be religious, scientific, political or social. But there are times in which they have to use some violence to obtain their means. In other words to help or even save humanity?

Or do you think that there are no such thing as secret societies at all? That is all a bunch of silly ideas created by Fictional writters so that they can make a buck for a living?

What are you thoughts?

Last edited by WanderingDroid on May 25th, 2004 at 06:06 PM

Old Post May 25th, 2004 06:01 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

I don't believe that, no. I don't think it would be possible for a truly secret society to influence the world on the kind of level you'e talking about. Besides, it seems silly when you put it in context. Thousands of every-day, non-secret society strive every day to alter the course of history--some of them with great success. What would be the point of a secret society--that is, why would it be more succesful than any of the non-secret ones?

Old Post May 25th, 2004 06:09 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

nah not secret societies, but societies who are very exclusive and don't like to show their real agenda certainly exist

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post May 25th, 2004 06:26 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

All that we know about history is throught Historians. Historians rarely discuss secret societies. This is what is known:

"Though secret societies, in the modern and technical sense, did not exist in antiquity, yet there were various organizations which boasted an esoteric doctrine known only to their members, and carefully concealed from the profane. Some date societies of this kind back to Pythagoras (582-507 B.C.). The Eleusinian Mysteries, the secret teachings of Egyptian and Druid hierarchies, the esoteric doctrines of the Magian and Mithraic worshippers furnished material for such secret organizations. In Christian times, such heresies as the Gnostic and Manichaean also claimed to possess a knowledge known only to the illuminated and not to be shared with the vulgar. Likewise, the enemies of the religious order of Knights Templars maintained that the brothers of the Temple, while externally professing Christianity, were in reality pagans who veiled their impiety under orthodox terms to which an entirely different meaning was given by the initiated. Originally, the various guilds of the Middle Ages were in no sense secret societies in the modern acceptation of the term, though some have supposed that symbolic Freemasonry was gradually developed in those organizations. The fantastic Rosicrucians are credited with something of the nature of a modern secret society, but the association, if such it was, can scarcely be said to have emerged into the clear light of history."-Catholic Encyclopedia

I don't discredit the people that help shape our World history. But then again I sometimes wonder.....how did leaders (underdogs) were able to attain their goals? Who help them? Who gave them monetary support? And also why have major political assasinations always get confidential?

Old Post May 25th, 2004 06:29 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

a lot ot major political assasinations are discovered over the years

Old Post May 25th, 2004 06:34 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer

I don't discredit the people that help shape our World history. But then again I sometimes wonder.....how did leaders (underdogs) were able to attain their goals? Who help them? Who gave them monetary support? And also why have major political assasinations always get confidential?

The first three questions vary, but the answers usually aren't secret. If you want to know how people like Martin Luther King Jr. or whoever won their success or who his allies were or how he got money, the information is usually available (very available, in many cases--how many books do you suppose have been written on King?)

As for your last question, there are two natural answers:

1) They're not always kept confidential. President Garfield, for example, was shot by a mentally unbalanced job-seeker. There's no secret to it.

2) Matters of national security are often kept confidential.

Old Post May 25th, 2004 06:37 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

The Priory of Sion, the Illuminati, ... who knows, who can tell?

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post May 25th, 2004 06:56 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slybaghouse
A breath of fresh air

What makes you think there are secret societies around? shifty
I would just forget anything you know about secret societies.... whistle

- Winston Churchill

Old Post May 25th, 2004 07:00 PM
Slybaghouse is currently offline Click here to Send Slybaghouse a Private Message Find more posts by Slybaghouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
phinney6
consiglieri

Btw the mob helped kill JFK, lol

Old Post May 25th, 2004 07:04 PM
phinney6 is currently offline Click here to Send phinney6 a Private Message Find more posts by phinney6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amity75

My dad used to be in the freemasons. I asked him why he never attended their meetings and he said "Because it's like going to the cinema once a week to watch the same movie".

Post in the Indiana Jones forum.

Old Post May 25th, 2004 10:23 PM
amity75 is currently offline Click here to Send amity75 a Private Message Find more posts by amity75 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

quote:
Originally posted by Storm
who knows, who can tell?

*places can of Coca Cola Light next to myself*
*points at storm*
I did not tell you about the societies... miss secret...

And if you excuse me, I have to serve the waffle-people now ...

Old Post May 25th, 2004 10:26 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

quote:
Originally posted by Gregory
As for your last question, there are two natural answers:

1) They're not always kept confidential. President Garfield, for example, was shot by a mentally unbalanced job-seeker. There's no secret to it.

2) Matters of national security are often kept confidential.

You are told what the governtment wants you to know.

And yes, why not, secret societies could exist and i wouldnt be suprised if they do.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post May 25th, 2004 10:52 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Well, there is one such "secret society" that really sticks out in my mind, which is the White Rose. For those who don't know, it was a group of college students in Germany during WWII who distributed leaflets about Hitler and the real Nazi agenda. Due to my rather limited knowledge about the topic, I can't say for sure whether they actually had a big influence on the world...

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post May 25th, 2004 10:57 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

quote:
Originally posted by lil bitchiness

The government wanted us to know about Watergate? And the the multitude of other scandals and curruptions that we somehow hear about despite having a government that you apparently believe is capable of covering up any information they don't want public?

Old Post May 25th, 2004 10:59 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Some ppl belive that "Deep Throat" was actually a member of an America secret society. wink

There was a theory going around a few years ago stating that a certain American secret society help boosted Nixon outta power. Sounds like a novel, but still who really knows?

And yes, government can silence the press. Sometimes the press needs help from the outside in order to get a story printed.

Note: Just to clear things up, I haven't been reading a book called Occult Conspiracy: Secret Societies--Their Influence & Power In World History by Michael Howard. I might read it in the future.

Old Post May 25th, 2004 11:33 PM
yerssot

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Revan
Well, there is one such "secret society" that really sticks out in my mind, which is the White Rose. For those who don't know, it was a group of college students in Germany during WWII who distributed leaflets about Hitler and the real Nazi agenda. Due to my rather limited knowledge about the topic, I can't say for sure whether they actually had a big influence on the world...

from what I heard ... not much ... only in germany

Old Post May 25th, 2004 11:43 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

quote:
Originally posted by amity75
My dad used to be in the freemasons. I asked him why he never attended their meetings and he said "Because it's like going to the cinema once a week to watch the same movie".

laughing out loud One of my collegues tried to recruit me in to the masons once. I told him that I didnt need to join a club to give people funny handshakes, he then got all defensive and shut up....

As for secret societies that have their own agendas for changing the world of course they exist. Terrorist are quite often little 'societies' with something to say about something so they blow something up and then try to allie themselve to a bigger more known organisation to get the news coverage, or to give them a bad press ect...

Old Post May 26th, 2004 09:07 AM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
the media help fill in the blanks wetter they are true or not

Old Post May 26th, 2004 09:14 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

good point finti

Old Post May 26th, 2004 09:36 AM
lil bitchiness
-

quote:
Originally posted by Gregory
The government wanted us to know about Watergate? And the the multitude of other scandals and curruptions that we somehow hear about despite having a government that you apparently believe is capable of covering up any information they don't want public?

Yes, exactly.

quote:
Originally posted by finti
the media help fill in the blanks wetter they are true or not[/B]

Gregory, its very naive of you to think that what you know about, government didnt want you to know. If that was a case, you'd be dead. You and your source of information destroyed.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post May 26th, 2004 09:44 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote