KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » What is it about X-Men that makes you a fan?

What is it about X-Men that makes you a fan?
Started by: Smallville

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Ri-

what made me a fan? hm..
i guess it was the diversity of powers that they had and how they used them together, to protect the same people who hate and fear them. its a really complex idea and its carried out so well.
the exlaination that they were human beings, but mutants was a pretty cool way of explaining it, like, its completly natural that these guys have these powers, they didnt have to get bitten by a radioactive spider or come from another planet to have these gifts.
and Wolverine.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 02:52 PM
-Ri- is currently offline Click here to Send -Ri- a Private Message Find more posts by -Ri- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jury
Extreme Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pr1983
Wasn't there a thread just like this before? no expression

Yes. And you might be thinking of the old one. This is the old one, paul. This thread was posted by Smallville (Scott) two years ago. You might be thinking of this one, too. smile I just brought this to life.

mon ami

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 01:48 AM
Jury is currently offline Click here to Send Jury a Private Message Find more posts by Jury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quiqueg34

Stan Lee created it during the civil rights movement so it's completely understandable that everyone would identify with those themes and issues. It's a main reason why I love the x-men but everyone has talked about this reason. The main one that no one has talked about is their strength. Could you imagine being able to read peoples thoughts and not take advantage of it by mearly wanting to know what your girlfriend is actually thinking. Being able to morph into anyone you want and yet stay who you are and do the right thing. I find it sooo fascinating that these characters have enough integrity to not abuse their powers and use them for good.

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 06:16 AM
quiqueg34 is currently offline Click here to Send quiqueg34 a Private Message Find more posts by quiqueg34 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
magnuslives

Originally posted by Sunspot
the powers, the style of the characters and wolverine =P

why does everyone like him? i read xmenbecause of the variations, nationalitiesand, of course, theirpowers-they're so cool! rock laughing rolling on floor laughing ..........sorry about that..........

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 04:45 PM
magnuslives is currently offline Click here to Send magnuslives a Private Message Find more posts by magnuslives Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
magnuslives

Originally posted by wiccancowboy
I am an X-Men fan, because I am gay, and growing up I had to hide who I was, and when people found out I was hated and feared. The X-Men were the only ones that understood me, they were the people in my life that I could relate to. They helped me through some tough times in life. I escaped to their world more times than I could ever count. And also, they have amazing powers, and I dream about having powers. (SO if anyone knows of any genetic engineering programs that are looking for volunteers for super soldier stuff, let me know! LOL)

seriously? or did you just make that up?-please don't hurt me if i offended you

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 04:50 PM
magnuslives is currently offline Click here to Send magnuslives a Private Message Find more posts by magnuslives Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyDo3

for getting their asses kicked by the Juggernaut

Old Post Jul 14th, 2006 10:38 PM
JohnnyDo3 is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyDo3 a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyDo3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
megaroguefan

they have rogue as an member.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2008 04:56 PM
megaroguefan is currently offline Click here to Send megaroguefan a Private Message Find more posts by megaroguefan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote