KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » The OFFICIAL 'Ask Hermione' Question Thread

The OFFICIAL 'Ask Hermione' Question Thread
Started by: DemonicGambit

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 24 25 [26]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PrincessNk
.Confused.

Thats good.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2007 10:30 PM
PrincessNk is currently offline Click here to Send PrincessNk a Private Message Find more posts by PrincessNk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

Book 4 a large group came in after Harry, Hermione, and the Weasley's take the portkey to the camp sight for the World Cup. Just wondering. Think those were the death eaters?

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 04:47 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Herm... somehow I think the Death Eaters would have taken a less conspicuous way in, you know? Like Apparation or something. Even flying in.

People who are going to cause trouble don't usually like to draw attention to themselves, and they drew attention to themselves just by the fact that they were coming in a large group.

Plus, the Death Eaters are an organization in which one Death Eaters knows the identity of very little of his fellow Death Eaters - Voldemort liked to keep it that way in case one of them were caught (or decided to confess). I believe Igor Karkaroff said that when he was giving the Ministry names in exchange for his release. In fact, I'm quite sure of it, because then Mad-Eye Moody said something like, "Well, he turned out to have a good idea of it, didn't he?" or something like that.

So I have a feeling that the Death Eater rally (or such as it was) was started by a couple of drunken Death Eaters who decided to have some fun "for old time's sake," and then once the other Death Eaters saw what was going on, they just sort of joined in. All their masks were on, so they wouldn't be able to tell one from another anyway - it was just sort of a reliving of the glory days.

They didn't get together at the World Cup for the purpose of terrifying those there - that's why they scattered at the sign of the Dark Mark. If they had been there to torture people, they all would have sent up Dark Marks, or cheered, or something.

At least, that's my (humble smile) opinion.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 06:34 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

quote: (post)
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Herm... somehow I think the Death Eaters would have taken a less conspicuous way in, you know? Like Apparation or something. Even flying in.

People who are going to cause trouble don't usually like to draw attention to themselves, and they drew attention to themselves just by the fact that they were coming in a large group.

Plus, the Death Eaters are an organization in which one Death Eaters knows the identity of very little of his fellow Death Eaters - Voldemort liked to keep it that way in case one of them were caught (or decided to confess). I believe Igor Karkaroff said that when he was giving the Ministry names in exchange for his release. In fact, I'm quite sure of it, because then Mad-Eye Moody said something like, "Well, he turned out to have a good idea of it, didn't he?" or something like that.

So I have a feeling that the Death Eater rally (or such as it was) was started by a couple of drunken Death Eaters who decided to have some fun "for old time's sake," and then once the other Death Eaters saw what was going on, they just sort of joined in. All their masks were on, so they wouldn't be able to tell one from another anyway - it was just sort of a reliving of the glory days.

They didn't get together at the World Cup for the purpose of terrifying those there - that's why they scattered at the sign of the Dark Mark. If they had been there to torture people, they all would have sent up Dark Marks, or cheered, or something.

At least, that's my (humble smile) opinion.
Makes sense. Cheers to that.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 06:43 AM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Cheers. *lifts glass of Shirley Temple*

Old Post Jul 12th, 2007 06:45 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rave X
Slash Sl*t

Has Lucius Malfoy's Patronus ever been seen in the book?

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 05:56 PM
Rave X is currently offline Click here to Send Rave X a Private Message Find more posts by Rave X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

I don't think so but Ferret comes to mind when I think of Malfoy's patronus.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 07:08 PM
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Phantom
I don't think so but Ferret comes to mind when I think of Malfoy's patronus.
Haha. I doubt his Patronus would be that. I thought a snake, myself. Mostly because of 'Serpensortia' in CoS

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 07:13 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

I bet he can't even produce one, not with all the shit he has to put up with since Voldemort's return. stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 07:18 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Didn't JK Rowling reveal what Draco's Patronus would have been on her website? Or was that only what his wand was made out of? I know she let out some information about him before DH was released.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 11:05 PM
Arianna

What I don't understand about patronus:

What's the plural (patronuses, patronus's or patroni?)
And how come in POA they're so difficult and lupin says some full grown wizards can't produce them, so then how can 14 and 15 and 16 year olds produce them in OOTP?

Ravenclaw will fight!

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 02:46 PM
Arianna is currently offline Click here to Send Arianna a Private Message Find more posts by Arianna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

The plural of patronus is "patronuses."

Also, the members of the DA were able to produce patronuses because of their environment - not only were they in a place where they felt safe, and were being encouraged by their peers, but because there was actually no dementor present at the time. If there had been a dementor in the room, or even a dementor-boggart, then it would have been very likely that only Harry would have been able to produce his Patronus.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2007 03:36 PM