KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » Magneto

Magneto: a hero or a villian
This poll is closed.
A villian to all 3 23.08%
A hero among mutants 6 46.15%
undecided 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Magneto
Started by: Flavio

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arcane
Dark Resurrection

????????????

Blindfold: What does the pixie dust make then see?
Pixie: I have no idea, something awesome I bet

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 03:21 PM
Arcane is currently offline Click here to Send Arcane a Private Message Find more posts by Arcane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flavio

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 03:24 PM
Flavio is currently offline Click here to Send Flavio a Private Message Find more posts by Flavio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flavio

wow, i found a great pic...

Attachment: magneto-pic1.jpg
This has been downloaded 118 time(s).

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 11:21 PM
Flavio is currently offline Click here to Send Flavio a Private Message Find more posts by Flavio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flavio

another one, now the movies, he's old, but Ian acts wondefully...

Attachment: magneto.jpg
This has been downloaded 111 time(s).

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 11:28 PM
kohl
into the void

--

Attachment: magneto.jpg
This has been downloaded 101 time(s).

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 02:43 AM
kohl is currently offline Click here to Send kohl a Private Message Find more posts by kohl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meant2be
Fate exists

OK, maybe this is old news, but I was thinking... in the movies, Magneto pulls the iron out of that fat guy, Mr. Laurio (or something like that). Anyway, he lifts up the guy and then pulls the iron out of him, just like he did with Wolvie in the comics. But you know what? When you pull A out of B, you have to hold B, otherwise you pull A & B together, right?

Magneto can maniputate steel and stuff, but he can't manipulate a normal human being. So what is holding the fat guy in the air, while the Magneto pulls the iron out of him? That's what's bothering me blink

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 02:06 PM
Meant2be is currently offline Click here to Send Meant2be a Private Message Find more posts by Meant2be Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flavio

the metalic belt of the fat guy? stick out tongue jk, yeah, good point.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 02:36 PM
Meant2be
Fate exists

So anyone knows the answer?

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 06:28 PM
Meant2be is currently offline Click here to Send Meant2be a Private Message Find more posts by Meant2be Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flavio

i think ther's no answer, just a mistake...

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 06:50 PM
Paola
Ronin

stupid Singer!!! mad.........jk

by Scythe

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 06:31 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flavio

nah, it's a single scene, very well done, everyone got stuck and "clapped?" hands when saw it, was an intelligent way to take him outta thre...this wont make the scene less cool.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 01:06 PM
Jury
Extreme Member

quote:
Originally posted by Meant2be
OK, maybe this is old news, but I was thinking... in the movies, Magneto pulls the iron out of that fat guy, Mr. Laurio (or something like that). Anyway, he lifts up the guy and then pulls the iron out of him, just like he did with Wolvie in the comics. But you know what? When you pull A out of B, you have to hold B, otherwise you pull A & B together, right?

Magneto can maniputate steel and stuff, but he can't manipulate a normal human being. So what is holding the fat guy in the air, while the Magneto pulls the iron out of him? That's what's bothering me blink

Since de fat guy possesses de metal stuff, Magneto is magnetically pulling de metal instead of de man... which seems, of course, he's lifting him. By de time de metal has pulled out from de fat guy, de tendency for de fat guy is to fall down, right?

Since, as you said, Magneto can't manipulate human beings, it's impossible to pull out both A & B since he can't "magnet" de human when he only meant to "magnet" de metal stuff. It's unnecessary to hold de man while pulling out his metal stuff magnetically. It's like pulling out de piece of nail magnetically on de top of a table... when de nail sticks to de magnet, de table lefts behind even though you're not holding it.

I hope dat explains somethin' logical. roll eyes (sarcastic)

cool

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 01:26 PM
Jury is currently offline Click here to Send Jury a Private Message Find more posts by Jury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meant2be
Fate exists

Yeah, but that's because the table is heavier than magnetic field on the nail. You don't have to hold the table: gravity keeps it down.

Anyway, it's a great scene and I loved it. I just woke up one morning and thought: Hmm... something's wrong here... blink wink

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 05:27 PM
XjulieX
Hugh's curse

quote:
Yeah, but that's because the table is heavier than magnetic field on the nail. You don't have to hold the table: gravity keeps it down.

Anyway, it's a great scene and I loved it. I just woke up one morning and thought: Hmm... something's wrong here... blink wink

I had the same thoughts with Storm's accent.
In X1 she has one, in X2 she hasn't anymore. Or is it my imagination? embarrasment

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 05:38 PM
XjulieX is currently offline Click here to Send XjulieX a Private Message Find more posts by XjulieX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Meant2be
Fate exists

Nope, I second that "Hmmm..." thought yes

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 05:48 PM
XjulieX
Hugh's curse

quote:
Nope, I second that "Hmmm..." thought yes

oh ok
or maybe it was on purpose she lost that accent stick out tongue

you do loose your accent after a while, right? smile

but anyway: back on topic

Old Post Jun 29th, 2004 06:13 PM
XjulieX is currently offline Click here to Send XjulieX a Private Message Find more posts by XjulieX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jury
Extreme Member

quote:

and which was heavier: de fat guy or de iron attached to him? (or was it de metal belt? stick out tongue) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Last edited by Jury on Jun 30th, 2004 at 02:20 AM

Old Post Jun 30th, 2004 02:18 AM
Jury is currently offline Click here to Send Jury a Private Message Find more posts by Jury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
J@deM@ximoff
sup ya'll Kurt is hot!bub

magneto is my grandfather, pietro is my daddy, wanda and anya are my aunts and yes bet you people didn't know magneto had two daughters did ya did ya? yo

"If you can't be cool be fird my mama always told me that." -Toad x-evo
sorry for spelling to damn sleep. *yawn* *yawn again*

Old Post Jun 30th, 2004 10:44 PM
J@deM@ximoff is currently offline Click here to Send J@deM@ximoff a Private Message Find more posts by J@deM@ximoff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jury
Extreme Member

blink

Old Post Jul 1st, 2004 03:03 AM
Jury
Extreme Member

let's talk about pics.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

jury0261: Magneto 1

Attachment: magneto21.jpg
This has been downloaded 67 time(s).

Old Post Jul 1st, 2004 03:16 AM