KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » drawing contest

drawing contest
Started by: Dexx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Peach
mordrem

laughing out loud Hmmm...never tried THAT approach...damn, I lost my digital camera so I can't even use that to photograph my drawings! sad

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 07:39 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RobPowell

It should be interesting to see what everyone comes up with, I think we should have ages to, to see where people are at, students or whatever else. Only problem is getting to a scanner confused

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 07:51 PM
RobPowell is currently offline Click here to Send RobPowell a Private Message Find more posts by RobPowell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Well, Im working on the rules as we speak smile

There is going to be a theme of some kind, so any suggestions are welcome.

For now we have only one medium for the competition, and thats traditional art, however we might have another category, again suggestions more than welcome.

big grin

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 07:55 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Theme? Dragons! pleeeeeaaassseee!?!? *puppy eyes*

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 09:01 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

awh theme?..in the first contest? *sobs*
at least make it a general one.....a bigger one..so that a greater variety can fit in it smile

Old Post Jul 14th, 2004 10:16 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Yeah, absolutely.

Dragons are too specific, maybe a fantasy theme?

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 02:05 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Fantasy is good.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 02:33 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

quote:
Originally posted by RobPowell
It should be interesting to see what everyone comes up with, I think we should have ages to, to see where people are at, students or whatever else. Only problem is getting to a scanner confused

if you take your finished work to a print shop or a Kinko's which we have here in the states or even to an art store that can do printwork...for a small fee they can scan your work onto disc...which i've done quite a lot before i got my scanner...

if you do do it this way...just be sure they output scan between 300 or 600 dpi so that you get all the detail, then when you lower it to post you won't lose the quality...you can ask them to save it as tiff file not jpeg...

and depending on the medium...make sure you spray a fix on your work so it doesn't smudge on the scanner...

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 04:18 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

and...question...consider the drwaings altered in a imaging softwere, after scanning.
think about whether that should be allowed or not

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 04:59 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

NO! I think everything in a contest should be done by your own hand, none of that image altering crap after you've already finished.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 10:47 PM
Dexx
wingless

thought the results can be pretty amazing

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 10:51 PM
lil bitchiness
-

Ok, so can we agree, that possible theme for this contest will be 'fantasy'?

I was also thinking along the lines of 'abstract' theme and maybe ''war and peace'' but that might get a little contravertial.

Anyway...any other suggestions about the rules or the contest itself?

Old Post Jul 15th, 2004 11:54 PM
Darth Revan
-

We could have separate categories for computer edited/unedited things... I probably wouldn't do something modified on a computer, but it might be interesting...

Also I think you should make the theme "fantasy/science fiction", might get more entrants that way.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 12:01 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

fantasy is good spring board as it'll draw the most participants...

i also like the abstract part also as i am a big fan of it...war and peace would be good too, we could dictate that it not be too graphic yet not too watered down as it will take away the emotion and the feeling of what war does...but for the start we should do fantasy...

for now we could have the participants go traditional, e.g. hand drawn then rendered using whatever material is available to them: paint, chalk, colored pencils and paint...

but on the b-side, i'm sure i'll get some agreement on this, while i can draw pretty well i cannot for the life of me use traditional paint or any other mechanical medium, hence my love for PhotoShop...maybe we could start at a later date a new category for those digital artists unless it is the consensus to allow them also...

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 03:59 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Alright, we are getting the rules ready...the theme will be fantasy, and i think we will allow 3 weeks for the contest to take place.

Judges are Fëanor and myself.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 05:34 PM
Serif

quote:
Originally posted by Fëanor
...maybe we could start at a later date a new category for those digital artists

Sounds great big grin

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 10:30 PM
Serif is currently offline Click here to Send Serif a Private Message Find more posts by Serif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

Whoa... Serif, you have a really cool sig yes

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2004 10:45 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Also, Id like to announce that the winner of the contest will be allowed, as a prise, to make their own gallery of their work in Art Forum.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 12:03 AM
Dexx
wingless

smile..what does that mean

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 12:17 AM
lil bitchiness
-

Well, all the drawn work by anyone goes into one thread, the Exhibition thread....everyone's work goes there.

The winner as a prise will be allowed a thread of his own with his own artwork only. smile

Old Post Jul 18th, 2004 12:30 AM