KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » An Idea for enproving batman

An Idea for enproving batman
Started by: Napalm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

An Idea for enproving batman

Imagin this. Bruce Waynes family grew up fairly poor in the Mean streets of detroit. A random act of Crime kill both his paraent leaving only his uncle alfred to raise him. Bruce grows up to become the vigilante know as "Batman".

Brief costume discription: Hood similar to spidermans but still has horns. Cape used for flying between buildings. Made out of fabric instead of bullet proof armor.

Villin Discription: more crooked cops and drug dealers than guys like jocker.

please tell me what you think. P.S. theres no vow not to kill

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 03:15 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

um...why not just invent a new character then...no need to change a classic. Notice i didn't say "improve"...but "change."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 03:32 PM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

Thats the problm batman has some really great point its just bad guys like the joker and penguin are murder to the plot.

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 03:35 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

besides Its more like an alternate universe

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 03:36 PM
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Sounds like a bad idea to me. If I wanted to read about a vigilante murdering ordinary criminals, I'd pick up Punisher.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 05:14 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jargon343

The Penguin sucks. He should really lose the umbrella gimmick because it's not getting him anywhere.

Joker kicks ass though.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 05:36 PM
Jargon343 is currently offline Click here to Send Jargon343 a Private Message Find more posts by Jargon343 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Personally, I think if they want to improve Batman, they need to introduce more villians. I mean, how many relatively new villians are there? There's Bane, Harley Quinn, Hush, and that guy who cuts himself every time he kills somebody--and of those three, Bane is dead and the last two are fairly minor. To an extent, this lack of inovations has caused the series to stagnate.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 05:48 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jargon343

Well, Batman has his share of new villians, but they tend to be one-shots. IE they have their issue or series and they get killed at the end of them. But Bats could use some more new steady villians. Of course, since Batman is human, he can be pitted against more conventional problems (like plague, earthquakes, politics, that kind of thing) then most heroes, since most heroes are powerful enough to make those sorts of things mundane. But with Batman it's interesting, which I think is why Batman doesn't get as many new villians as some other heroes, because the writers have more interesting situations he can be put in that don't nessesarily require a villian.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 06:52 PM
Jargon343 is currently offline Click here to Send Jargon343 a Private Message Find more posts by Jargon343 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jargon343

And how did Bane die?

Old Post Jul 21st, 2004 06:52 PM
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

quote:
Originally posted by Gregory
Sounds like a bad idea to me. If I wanted to read about a vigilante murdering ordinary criminals, I'd pick up Punisher.

Im not talking about ordinary criminals more like drug lords and crooked cops. kinpin instead of joker if you know what I mean

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2004 04:26 PM
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Well, with all the technology you'd think Batman would have some sort of self-propelled flight by now at least.

Yeah, I love the whole "grappling hook thingy" idea, but i'd love to see Batman able to fly, like in Batman Beyond. It sounds blasphemous as hell, but I think in this day and age, Bats should be able to at least fly, even if its for short amount of time. Like he's be able to launch himself, and then glide.

A flying Batman would be very realistic, you could limit it so that he still requires his Batwing and Batmobile - I think the idea used in Batman Beyond had the balance just right - he still had to run around an awful lot.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2004 04:41 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

I do not want to see Batman turned into Iron Man. No doubt he should have self-propelled flight, and head-to-toe Azraelesque armor protecting, and low-powered energy weapons to stun his enemies, and use boom-tubes to get around. You'd think, with all of the technology of both Waynetech and the JLA (and probably the JSA, too) at his fingertips, he'd have all these things--but I, for one, am very glad that he doesn't.

Last edited by Gregory on Jul 22nd, 2004 at 08:21 PM

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2004 08:15 PM
Punkyhermy
like memory in motion

BATMAN IS GREAT THE WAY HE IS! mad

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2004 11:15 PM
Punkyhermy is currently offline Click here to Send Punkyhermy a Private Message Find more posts by Punkyhermy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

quote:
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Well, with all the technology you'd think Batman would have some sort of self-propelled flight by now at least.

Yeah, I love the whole "grappling hook thingy" idea, but i'd love to see Batman able to fly, like in Batman Beyond. It sounds blasphemous as hell, but I think in this day and age, Bats should be able to at least fly, even if its for short amount of time. Like he's be able to launch himself, and then glide.

A flying Batman would be very realistic, you could limit it so that he still requires his Batwing and Batmobile - I think the idea used in Batman Beyond had the balance just right - he still had to run around an awful lot.

how about gliding from building to building.

1# he needs to kill people

2# more realist villians

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 03:25 PM
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

The day Batman starts killing people is the day I stop reading Batman comics.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 03:28 PM
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

why? are you anti-death penelty? Think about it the joker is one sick puppy he dosent deserve to live. the punisher could have stop joker a long time ago.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 03:35 PM
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

I'm anti-murderous vigilante. My take on the death penalty isn't relevant. You said elsewhere that you prefer Punisher to Batman; from your suggestions, it sounds to me like you want to turn Batman into Punisher.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 03:37 PM
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

No just a bit more realistic. The biggest problem is batman Is a moody dark character and his vow not to kill kinda is a problem for his character

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 03:39 PM
Joker1237

Batman is realistic to a extent, Joker is like Ted Bundy, they both even have Ties. The villians are realistic in the evil acts they do, If I wanted to I could kill a lot of people and no one can stop me.
Batman deals with the killers, muders and rapeitcs, He deals with villians that harm the public, We in real life have our own outstanding villians, like Bundy, Dahmer, Gacy ete. So imo the villians are realictic.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 03:45 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

oh yeah I like Batman the way he is anyway. dont change something that ant broke.

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 03:47 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote