KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » what is a soul?

what is a soul?
Started by: misha

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Force
Holy Hypocrits!

the soul is the only thing that goes to the afterlife, you body just sits in the ground and rots, afterlife meaning Heaven or Hell of course

Made by the awesome transforming Hegemon
Don't mess with The Force, because I ownz you. -The Force

Crazy Christian all over your candy arse.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 05:59 PM
The Force is currently offline Click here to Send The Force a Private Message Find more posts by The Force Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I heard something similar to that before. Some people believe that the human body is a prison of the soul. That death is the release into true freedom. Kinda poetic....but I like it. happy

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 06:09 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

quote:
Originally posted by The Omega
So, what? They put a dying person on a weight, and looked at the number before and after death?

If ever there were an entity invented for human wish-fulfillment, the soul is that entity. As Thomas Hobbes pointed out, the concept of a non-substantial substance is a contradiction. It is not possible to imagine a non-physical entity having life and perception. Even believers in souls always imagine them as being like human shaped clouds or fogs. It is a delusion to believe that the concept of soul is conceivable. Yet, billions of people have believed in a non-spatial perceiver which can travel through space and perceive and interpret vibrations and waves in the air without any sense organs.
(From “A skeptic dictionary” http://skepdic.com/soul.html)

21 grams? Who measured that?

i dunno how they measured it. "they" do a lot of weird stuff. i heard it in the movie... i thoguht it sounded cool.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2004 08:23 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
misha

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
no, that's unagi... *holds finger at head* salmonroll

omg do you watch friends?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 02:00 AM
misha is currently offline Click here to Send misha a Private Message Find more posts by misha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
misha

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer
soul[ sôl ]

1. nonphysical aspect of person: the complex of human attributes that manifests as consciousness, thought, feeling, and will, regarded as distinct from the physical body.

2. religion spirit surviving death: in some systems of religious belief, the spiritual part of a human being that is believed to continue to exist after the body dies. The soul is sometimes regarded as subject to future reward and punishment, and sometimes as able to take a form that allows it to remain on or return to earth.

I think some ppl need to understand the difference in some words. yes

oh ok, so its beleifs! i understand now! smile thankyou all!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 02:01 AM
misha is currently offline Click here to Send misha a Private Message Find more posts by misha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

quote:
Originally posted by finti
DEA
laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 08:19 AM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

quote:
Originally posted by m!$hA
omg do you watch friends?

lol thats a good episode

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 08:45 AM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
misha

laughing you know bout it too! where ross is like 'unagi' and then rachaels like 'samon skin roll!'!! i love that episode!!! ive got it on dvd and watched it so many times stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 10:43 AM
yerssot

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer
Some people believe that the human body is a prison of the soul.

Plato, the teaching of anamnese (sp), I take?

and yes, I watch Friends no expression

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 10:56 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

quote:
laughing you know bout it too! where ross is like 'unagi' and then rachaels like 'samon skin roll!'!! i love that episode!!! ive got it on dvd and watched it so many times stick out tongue

yeah, and when chandler's enteringf 2 ross's place chandler says like hey- and ross goes, chnadler , yeah sensed it was u, but after he leaves rachel and phoebe scare the hell out of him!! laughing god I luv that episode and after ross is all screaming rachel goes, 'salmon skin rolls'
cracks me up dude

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 11:44 AM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
misha

laughing yeah! but its 'chandler - i sensed it was you' stick out tongue i think ive seen it too many times! but yeah!

have you seen the one with the ring?

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 12:36 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
Plato, the teaching of anamnese (sp), I take?

and yes, I watch Friends no expression

Yeah, Plato! That's who I was try to pin point.

I hate Friends (The TV show) no expression

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 03:30 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

why?!

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 04:21 PM
Cepheus

quote:
laughing yeah! but its 'chandler - i sensed it was you' stick out tongue i think ive seen it too many times! but yeah!

have you seen the one with the ring?

u mean

"the one with the worst best man ever" ?

lol i saw it..
man i do watch it too much.. messed

Old Post Jul 24th, 2004 04:22 PM