KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Tvs annoying lack of shoujo

Should there be more shoujo on tv?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
YESH!SHOUJO ROXXX MANY SOXXX!! 8 80.00%
No way!Shoujo is for prissy girls! 2 20.00%
Total: 10 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tvs annoying lack of shoujo
Started by: BlackHatDefect

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlackHatDefect
Meroko

Its not about tat,I just think shoujo's concepts are better.Shounen 80% of the time had weak character/plot development,and all they do is fight.There are some acception of course,Bebop,Trigun,Wolf's Rain,Dragon Knights,Comic Party,ect...but..well you know..

*~Just keep rockin'~*
Nana will keep on playin'
All we have left to believe in is ourselves baby
*~Were a generation of idiots without dreams~*

Old Post Sep 4th, 2004 02:36 PM
BlackHatDefect is currently offline Click here to Send BlackHatDefect a Private Message Find more posts by BlackHatDefect Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilCap America

I dont really like to think of either Shojo or Shonen as being automatically better than the other i tend to like things from both ends of that spectrum and see no real reason to draw lines between them.The idea of "Goo" or "Bad: based on the content of the Anime or Manga in question is usually all i need

ANyways the Shojo content on TV is lacking but what does everything think would be the best option for American TV especially considering all the restrictions and red tape to work around just to put something on the air.I think both Fruit Baskets and Azumanga Daioh could fit into a regular CN line-up with realatively few sacrifices and i dont think Chobits would do bad as a late night attraction where there are less restrictions either [although its a little hard to argue that its Shojo considering alot of the content ill admit]

Old Post Sep 5th, 2004 01:27 PM
EvilCap America is currently offline Click here to Send EvilCap America a Private Message Find more posts by EvilCap America Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

AZUMANGA DAIOH!!! I'd love if they'd show that, it'd be great big grin

Chobits is shoujo (with a hint of shounen), but it's targeted for an older audience yes I love Chobits.

I love shoujo anime and manga, and even though there's a ton of shoujo manga that's been brought to the US, I really think more shoujo anime needs to come over here.

(btw...Furuba would probably need considerable editing to get on TV here unless it got a later timespot)

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 6th, 2004 05:01 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote