KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Now for some philosophy.....

Now for some philosophy.....
Started by: Papaumau

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Why do you ppl continue to include God in every topic??? Even worse you guys start to discuss God??? There are already threads about God in other topics! Can we just stick to THIS topic? It's simply absurd! This is a topic about being a leader or a follower!

Anyways, I don't consider myself a leader nor a follower.

I'm a TEAM worker.

I work with a team and not always do you need to be leader or a follower. What is needed is innovation, skills, and plenty of cooperation! yes

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Aug 20th, 2004 at 12:37 AM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 12:35 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papaumau
Man of the world

quote:
Originally posted by Dexx
urm no...psychpats have a tendancy of not being able to cover and be responsible for all the consequences of their actions. any excellence in a leading ability coming from that is merely accidental smile

Thanks for responding Dexx....

I just threw that one in because I knew it would be controversial !

Having said that and agreeing that Psychopaths don't like to be held to account for their actions, I still say that they are very good leaders.

It is actually more than accidental that the Psychopathic type is almost always the type that will rise to the top because of his or her lack of empathy with his or her peers. Hard decisions are made instantly by the Psychopaths as they are only concerned about what accolades THEY get for their work and they are not interested in the physical or mental harm they do to collegues and underlings. All they care about is themselves and their desires.

If you look at certain captains of industry and the bosses of multi-national companies, ( not to mention dictators that have run entire countries now and in the past ), you will find that the ability to not give a damn about anybody but yourself is a common trait among these kinds of people.

They are not found out and brought down as they are too powerful to touch.

PS...Here is a list of the major traits of the Psychopath...You will see that while many of them might stop a person of this type getting promotion, once they are in a position of power their actions are devasatingly effective when they can blame underlings for their flaws !

http://members.aol.com/dswgriff/chardisorder.html

Click my sig'-pic' to go to my forum
and attached consumer website

Last edited by Papaumau on Aug 20th, 2004 at 01:00 PM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2004 12:52 PM
Papaumau is currently offline Click here to Send Papaumau a Private Message Find more posts by Papaumau Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evy_O
don't let go

leader stick out tongue just coz I'm a bit bossy *hides*

shallow me, then spit me out
for hating you I blame myself
seeing you it kills me now
no, I don't cry on the outside anymore...

Old Post Aug 21st, 2004 01:08 PM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ms Chelle
ubuntu

im a leader .

i have to be to raise 4 duaghters stick out tongue

made by Scribble

Old Post Aug 21st, 2004 01:18 PM
Ms Chelle is currently offline Click here to Send Ms Chelle a Private Message Find more posts by Ms Chelle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papaumau
Man of the world

Along with leadership comes lots of responsibilty that can produce stress. The old saying of "The buck stops here" is meant to apply to the leaders at the top.

Of course the psychopathic types are experts at redirecting the blame to other less-powerful beings.

Does that description fit anybody YOU know ? ( anybody ).

Old Post Aug 21st, 2004 05:17 PM
Papaumau is currently offline Click here to Send Papaumau a Private Message Find more posts by Papaumau Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

quote:
Originally posted by Fiery Eyes
Nowwwwwwww whoaaa now what in the world did ya bring me up in that?? cool Just cuz I said i was a leader?? me saying that has nothing to do w/ my religious beliefs. smile

Oh, read the rest of the thread, for Christ's sake. roll eyes (sarcastic)

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 05:46 AM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am kind of not a leader or a follower. I am more of a loner.

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 10:32 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papaumau
Man of the world

One possible view of "the loner":

The loner might be such as he or she does not have the confidence to mix in the usual social circles.

They might be loners because they only care about themselves and to give time to others is wasted effort - by their view of things, ( narsissists ).

They might be such because they are painfully shy.

They might be such because they feel that others don't understand them.

One thing is sure; if they remain loners they are going to get identified by others as freaky and strange and they are going to suffer because of their insularity.

When they go into real-life they are going to be expected to be able to make social intercourse and if they cannot mix they will be ostracised from normal society.

Most modern workplaces are engineered around the teamsmanship or the group ethic and if they are not able to function in a group they are going to suffer again from this flaw.

( There is no "I" in the word "Team" )....they say !

Being a loner as a youngster is a luxury that you can get away with but once you are in the mainstream of society this luxury then becomes too expensive to maintain.

Last edited by Papaumau on Aug 23rd, 2004 at 11:13 AM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2004 11:10 AM