KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Harry Potter Fiction » Harry Potter and the Green Flame Torch

Harry Potter and the Green Flame Torch
Started by: DarkC

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (87): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

AUTHOR's RESPONSE- 1.)yes. 2.)yes. But I aint bringing him back to life. 3.)No, I plan it out at home. The plot and all. 4.)Both. You'll find out how. 5.)Naw...I'm secretive. Very secretive. Sorry.

Harry wordlessly stared at him. His stomach seemed to be squirming.
"Harry, what's going on? You look like you've swallowed Bobotuber Pus or something..."
The story was told in five seconds flat.
"Hermione asked you to the Ball?"
"Yep." Harry scratched his head absentmindedly. "Well...I suppose it will be OK..."
And it seemed it was. He supposed that she would be much easier to talk to than someone he really liked, or someone he hardly knew that well.
Ron was laughing. Harry kicked his shin annoyedly.
"Who're you planning to ask, Ron?"
Ron stopped laughing. He glanced around nervously, even though the stairway hall seemed deserted.
"Luna Lovegood."
"Her?" Now Harry started laughing.
"Shut up, Harry. She is kind of attractive, when she isn't being...er...weird."
Harry quieted. "There's one thing wrong with all this."
Ron looked puzzled. "Which is...?"
"We can't dance."
"So?" Ron was nonchalant. "Loads of people think they can't dance. But they do anyway, when they need to."
"Let's pray that you're right."
They tiredly stepped through the Fat Lady's portrait, and went off to the dormitory. Harry's mind still felt like it had been taken apart, and put back together haphazardly.
Ron started snored uproariously almost immediately. However, Harry tossed and turned for what seemed like hours before he finally fell asleep.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 06:31 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

AUTHOR's NOTE- Mistook question 1 with 2. Sorry. Thank you very much for your support, spider!

Harry found himself in a beautiful courtyard of stone, decorated with many patches of well cared-for grass, and trees. Even the Dursleys would have admired it.
He instantly knew that this was a dream. What the purpose was, he didn't know.
Harry turned around, and almost gasped.
A man was sitting by a small pool of water, his back toward Harry.
Harry tiptoed forward, and peered at the man's face.
It was Sirius.
Harry tried to yell for joy, but he couldn't speak, couldn't make any noise at all. However, Sirius stood up, and turned around, peacefully smiling at Harry.
It was not Sirius as Harry had know him, but here, he was groomed perfectly, his hair combed, his beard trimmed. Beaming, he gestured toward Harry, and then to the pool.
What for? Thought Harry. He "floated" towards the pool, and looked at it closely. It looked like a well, but a large one at that. It was roughly the size of the bathtub in the Prefect's washroom.
Harry stretched toward the water, trying to reach...
And he found himself staring at the ceiling of his four-poster bed. He had woken up.
"Damn it..." He swore.
"Damn what?" Ron had woken up.
Harry looked toward him with sad eyes."I saw..."
And he told Ron exactly what he had seen. He paused, and also informed Ron of his hunch he had made aboard the school train.
Ron sat up suddenly, frowning. Harry had the impression that he was doing some serious thinking. Finally he looked at Harry.
"Can you remember what the place you and Sirius were in was like?"
"Well..." Harry closed his eyes. "I remember a pool. There were trees around it, surrounded in a rock courtyard. And there were beds of grass."
"Anything else?"
"Well, I dunno...I was concentrating more on Sirius."
Then Harry brightened up. There had been great pyramids in the background. He relayed this information to Ron, who thought and said,"So you saw pyramids...that probably means the Egyptians. We'd better ask Hermione if she knows any great magical things in the time of the Egyptians. Until then..."
And he fell right back to sleep.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 06:53 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

AUTHOR'S POLL-Ah...the end of another chapter. And I must ask reviewers of this story some questions.
1-How close is this to Rowling's type of writing?
2-What's your favourite part of the story so far?
3-Any suggestions?

Spoiler Alert! Highlight to read.
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Something will be revealed about Harry's Mother. And something very important will be revealed about Harry. Details later.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 10:22 PM
spidergrl
Living

o0o0o0o sounds exciting!!

1. very good indeed.
2. ummm prob the bit where they throw him a surprie birthday party, i laughed at that bit.
3. Umm can you please tell us which couples. Or at least Harry/Hermionie or Ron/Hermionie!!

Made by the wonderful Barker .. Thanks Darling

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 01:33 AM
spidergrl is currently offline Click here to Send spidergrl a Private Message Find more posts by spidergrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidergrl
Living

Im loving it so far, please keep on writing.....

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 01:39 AM
spidergrl is currently offline Click here to Send spidergrl a Private Message Find more posts by spidergrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

The couples are already given. Well, for Ron and Harry at least.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 05:27 AM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

CHAPTER EIGHT--------------

Harry was the first to wake up next morning, amid a bed of sunshine. He had forgotten to close his bed-curtains last night.
Ron was snoring gently, and so were Neville, Dean, and Seamus. Harry changed quickly. Tiptoeing as not to wake them up, he walked down to the common room.
There were new timetables spread across the oak-hewn table, and Harry flicked through the sixth-year stack. He quickly found his, and read Tuesday's schedule:
NEWT Transfiguration, 9 o'clock
NEWT Charms, 11 o'clock
LUNCH
NEWT Defence Against the Dark Arts, 2 o'clock
(Spare Period)
Someone came down from the girl's dormitories. It was Hermione, yawning.
"Oh, are those the new timetables?"She asked sleepily.
Harry nodded, and gave her the sixth-year pile.
Hermione frowned. Harry could not help smiling. "I've never seen you upset about going to lessons, Hermione."
"Wha...oh, it's just..."She showed him her Tuesday schedule.
NEWT Transfiguration, 9 o'clock
NEWT Charms, 11 o'clock
LUNCH
NEWT Defence Against the Dark Arts, 2 o'clock
NEWT Potions, 3 o'clock

"So I flunked Potions," Harry sighed bitterly. "I'm never going to be an Auror."
"Cheer up,"Hermione said bracingly."there must be loads of good jobs out there, after we graduate."
"Such as?"
Hermione smiled faintly."Have you ever considered coming back here to teach Defence Against the Dark Arts?"
Harry stared at her. Now that he thought about it...
"You know, maybe I just will."

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 05:37 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

They went upstairs to put their timetables away. It was still just past dawn.
Hermione yawned again. "What time is it?"
"How should I know? My watch doesn't work anymore."
"Well, get a new one."
Harry rolled his eyes. "Anyways...I had a dream last night, Sirius was in it."
"What happened?"
Harry told her everything.
"...and anyways, Ron and I were wondering whether you knew anything about really old Egyptian magic."
Hermione was rather thoughtful.
"Well, I've studied the Egyptians a bit while in Ancient Runes, but nothing really significant. I'll see if I can do some research in my spare time. Have you thought about when the first DA meeting is going to be?"
"No."
She shrugged."Well, you should. It would be nice if we knew how to duel, fight, and defend ourselves."
"Maybe later...and there's another thing I need to know."
"What?"
"Why'd you ask me to the Ball?"
Hermione suddenly seemed very much awake.
"Oh, I...well..." She babbled.
But Neville and Ron came in, which shut her up.
"What're you two doing down here so early?" Neville said, scratching his shoulder.
"And, ooooh...what-were-you-two-doing?" Ron added, in a very annoying singsong voice.
"Talking." Harry replied truthfully.
"Woke up early for some reason." Hermione added.
But Ron seemed to think that the two were doing much more than talking. He suggested this to Hermione.
If looks could kill, the one Hermione shot at him would have killed Ron instantly.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 05:53 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Ron waved his hand disarmingly. "Just kidding, Hermione."
Hermione snarled like a lion.
Ron ran out of the common room fearfully. Hermione was fuming.
"I swear, if he puts that past me one more time, I'm going to..."
And she had such a nasty fate for Ron, that both Harry and Neville winced horribly.
"He'll calm down." Harry reassured her.
"Eventually." Neville, said, tiredly.

The great hall was unusually rowdy. Many students were clustering around a small, crude poster.
"What are they so excited about?" Harry wondered aloud.
Neville shrugged, while Hermione shook her head, and walked toward the Gryffindor table.
Harry and Neville shouldered through the crowd, and peered at the poster.

Duelling Club
DUMBLEDORE'S ARMY
-Come and learn useful skills, not the least of which is stunning, disarming, the Shield Charm, and Patronuses!
-First meeting on Tuesday, September 3, outside statue of Barnaby the Barmy.
-Many teachers, including Harry Potter.
-Hope to see you there!
-(No Slytherins allowed.)

Harry closed his eyes. He shook his head violently, praying that this was a nightmare. Yet as he opened his eyes, the crowd of chattering students were still there, talking about the DA.
"Sounds interesting, doesn't it?"
"Yeah, I know..."
"I can't wait to learn the Patronus Charm!"
"It'll be taught by Harry Potter..."
"From what I've heard from Dumbledore's office, he's pretty good at duelling..."
"Yep, haven't you read that interview from The Quibbler?"
"He fought You-Know-Who?"
"That's right."

Harry suddenly wished he could melt into the wall. Either that, or his father's inherited invisibility cloak.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 06:13 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Harry sprinted over to the Gryffindor table, and sat across from Hermione.
She cowered under his wordless frozen stare.
"All, right, Harry....it was me, OK? But look at the bright side...at least they're positive about it."
This hardly mattered to Harry, who was on the verge of hysteria.
"Didn't you see HOW many PEOPLE there are over there?!"
He glanced at the crowd, and swallowed. At first, teaching twenty-eight people seemed terrifying.
But this....this was a hundred times worse.
"Malfoy's going to taunt me something awful."
"So?" It was Ron. Hermione scowled at him, but he ignored her. "At least you know loads more that he does, at duelling."
That was true, but Harry felt like he would rather bow down to Malfoy than have to teach fifty people at once.
"Harry, you don't have to teach them all at once, remember? We'll work out a system."
Even so...
"They're going to expect me to make a speech."Harry said hoarsely.
"Don't you think I've considered that yet?"Hermione said impatiently. "I'll talk to them all, first."

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 06:20 PM
spidergrl
Living

Keep it going, Keep it going!! Doing great~~!!

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 09:44 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

AUTHOR'S REPLY- Thank you, spider.(Kailey)

Harry was not the least bit consoled.
Ron noticed."Oh, calm down, mate...it can't be that bad."He clapped Harry on the shoulder.
"You'll just need to get used to it." Hermione said soothingly."Just like last time."
Unlike Harry, however, the old members of the DA thought it was a fantastic idea. Ernie Macmillian, Hannah Abbot, and Justin Finch-Fletchley rushed over from the Hufflepuff table, to express their thoughts.
"It'll be really good, Harry!" Hannah squealed.
Ernie said,."I for one am particularly eager to pass on knowledge that might be useful to help Dumbledore."
"Yeah, same with Ernie...I've always wanted to teach someone." Justin said.
Harry smiled weakly, but his insides were still feeling deflated.
He barely ate any breakfast, and went to Transfiguration.
Professor McGonagall immediately started talking.
"Now, I am pleased to see that many of you have passed your Transfiguration OWL. However, if you want to have a chance at achieving honors on your NEWT in your final year, I suggest that you put time into study, review, and make double sure you finish your homework with good effort, and I will be most disappointed if any Gryffindor students should fail."
She looked around at all of them, and continued.
"Today, we will be starting the transfer for inanimate objects to animate ones. It is significantly more difficult than animate to inanimate, as we did last year. I shall start you with a simple rock, in which you must turn it into a turtle. Now, let me hear you all say the incantation."
"Morphmagufis." The class chanted.
"Good, I am glad you've read your new books. And the wand movement, Miss Granger?"
"Whirl and point."Hermione piped up.
"Excellent, let's see you all give it a shot. Groups of four, now. Try it together."
Harry was put with Ron, Hermione, and Neville.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2004 01:04 AM
spidergrl
Living

~~ keep going, Im looking forward to it!!

I have a question that i might of asked are you writing it as the green torch flame so its actually going to be a green torch or is it going to be about the half blood prince?? ~~

Old Post Dec 26th, 2004 07:19 AM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

both green torch, AND the half blood price. Yes, you've asked me.
I'm going to stage a big conversation with Dumbledore so that this is explained, sometime later in the story.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2004 05:47 PM
spidergrl
Living

Awsome, that Harry Fan person in mine - go look what they wrote!! confused I don't want him to do that!! wtf

Old Post Dec 26th, 2004 10:44 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

AUTHOR'S NOTE-It's a she. You going to bring Sirius back to life in yours?

Neville went first, and Ron chose the closest opportunity to poke Harry in the ribs.
"What?" Harry asked irritably.
"The captainship."
"Oh, right!" They both sprang up so fast that Neville jumped.
Harry walked up to their head of house.
"Professor McGonagall, I..."
"Ah, yes." Professor McGonagall said briskly. "I do believe that you seek to confirm your captainship, Potter?"
"As a matter of fact...I think Ron should have it."
Professor McGonagall looked suprised. "Well, I see... Mr. Weasley, do you accept this offer?"
"Yes, Professor." Ron said eagerly.
She smiled faintly. "I've put the Quidditch Cup on a stand in my study, boys. It's kept me company many times, and I would hate to hand it over to someone else. Do try and win this year, will you?"
"Yes, Professor McGonagall." They said.
She turned to Harry, restored to her normal stern self. "Potter, the Headmaster told to to pass to you a message. He says that you should come and visit the office at the closest possible moment. The password this year is 'chocolate frog'."
"Okay." Harry said, uncertainly.
Ten minutes later, they were talking to Neville and Hermione.
"I reckon that he fancies a bit of a chat." Ron said, shrugging.
"About what?" Neville asked.
Ron didn't need to answer, and looked to Harry, who understood.

Ron had also failed to pass his Potions OWL ("Brilliant!"). Harry decided to go and see Dumbledore in his spare period. Ron went to fly about on the Quidditch pitch.
Soon enough, Harry found himself in front of the gargoyle that guarded the magic escalator to Dumbledore's office.
"Chocolate frog," He told the gaygoyle, which stepped aside. The wall melted into an arched passageway. Harry stepped inside, ascended the moving stairwell, and knocked on the old wooden doors.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 01:35 AM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

He heard shuffling, and Professor Dumbledore opened the door. "Come on in, Harry."
"You wanted to see me, sir?"
"Yes, I did. I did not expect that you would respond so quickly...I gave Professor McGonagall the message only this morning.
He was staring at a point right over Harry's shoulder.
"Er...I'm over here, Prof-" Harry began.
"Yes, I have not gone blind, Harry." He smiled. "But you already know why I am not making eye contact."
Harry knew.
Lord Voldemort and Harry shared minds, when they were most relaxed. It was this reason why the headmaster had chosen for him to be taught Occumency last year. And Harry was assuming...
"Ah, I see you are wondering what I have brought you up here for. Well, I still want you you to be taught Occumency."
Harry's heart fell. Surely, Snape would be teaching. Snape, who would be delighted to make Harry's life miserable, on a more permanent basis.
Dumbledore chose to ignore the very unhappy expression on Harry's face.
"I expect to see you here on Saturday and Thursday nights, then, at 7 o'clock, Harry."
Harry looked up, hardly daring to believe.
"You're teaching me?" Then he realized he had said it a bit loud. "Sorry, I..."
"No offense taken, Harry. And yes, I am going to be teaching you Occumency. Professor Snape seemed to be, er...very unenthusastic about the prospect of teaching you."
Harry grinned in relief. Dumbledore watched him, bemused.
"I understand that you are holding a Self-Defense Group tonight, am I right?"
"Oh, it's not me." Harry said quickly, thinking he was in trouble. "It was Hermione's idea, she..."
"I very much understand, Harry. But make sure you try your best to not let it interfere with your studies."
"I'll try, professor."
Dumbledore stood up, and glanced out the window. "Hmm, I see that Mr. Weasley has taken the opportunity to catch a bit of fresh air. Well, you may leave, Harry."
"Thank you, professor."And with that, Harry walked out, humming absentmindedly to himself.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 02:03 AM
spidergrl
Living

Yes, I am going to make him come back, if you would like to know how, please PM me. Awsome - keep going!! I love yours soooooo much more then mine!!

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 04:13 AM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

AUTHOR'S REPLY- Thank you very much, spider! I am sorry to say that I'm not going to bring Sirius back to life. "No magic can make the dead come back to life.", that's what Dumbledore said. I'll just sit back and see how you bring him back. Is your sig pic from The Butterfly Effect?

Harry met Ron, and then Hermione in the Great Hall for supper.
"So, how was NEWT Potions?" Harry asked innocently, slicing his potatoes.
"Horrible." Hermione sighed angrily. "Snape kept calling me a know-it-all. Even though I brewed the potion perfectly."
"You should really give it up..." Began Ron, but Hermione narrowed her eyes at him.
"Honestly, Ron, I really want to become an Auror. How do you expect me to pass if I can't pass my Potions NEWT?"
Ron made a bored voice, and turned his attention back to his seafood stew.
Hermione turned to Harry. "Harry, remember....it's at seven o'clock tonight."
"What...? Oh, the first DA meeting. Right, I'll be there."
He avoided Hermione's cautious eye, and delved into his chicken and ham pie.

At fifteen minutes before seven o'clock, they made their way to the Room of Requirement.
"How many people d'you think will show up?" Ron asked unneccessarily.
"Let's not talk about that right now...OK?" Harry grimaced, trying not to think about the large group of eager students that morning.
However, they had difficulty getting there, as the stairway to the seventh floor was jammed with students.
"HOI! Budge along up there!" Ron yelled.
"What are they here for, anyway?" Harry said. "Looks like they're lining up for a club or someth..."
Then, it suddenly struck him.
Harry voiced out his thoughts in three words. "Oh, my god."
"Calm down, Harry...brave face, now." Hermione whispered breathlessly.
"You sound like Lockhart."
Then someone noticed them, a fourth-year girl. "It's HIM!" She yelled gleefully.
Dean, Seamus, Ernie, Lavender, and the Creeveys took matters in their hands.
"Budge up, come on! Make way!"
The very large crowd bustled, and stepped aside for Harry, Ron, and Hermione.
Harry was in shock. Ron grinned, clearly enjoying what seemed to feel like a red carpet walk, to him.
To Harry, it took forever. Hermione noticed his plight, seized his arm, and nearly dragged him along.
"Excuse me, sorry, whoops...so sorry about the foot...coming through, excuse me..."
Harry closed his eyes. When he opened them, he was standing where the Room of Requirement's door would usually appear.
Turning around, he addressed the crowd for the first time."How many are you?"
"Around a hundred, Harry." Hannah Abbot said.
"What?" He yelped.
"Harry, let's get the room ready." It was Ron.
They closed their eyes, and concentrated on what was needed.
Many people were giggling and pointing. Harry ignored them, and set his mind only to what they needed.
After their third pass, the silence fell.

Last edited by DarkC on Dec 27th, 2004 at 05:25 AM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 05:12 AM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Harry turned around.
Instead of the normal DA classroom door last year, he found himself facing a very large set of embroidered double doors, made of mahogany.
Hermione opened the door, and peeked in. She grinned ecstatically, and flung the doors wide.
Everyone gasped.
The Room of Requirement had transformed itself into a magnificent cavernous stone chamber, with huge multi-tiered levels. Spiral oak stairs let up and down from each level.
The ground floor was bigger than the upper levels, as the tiers only took up half the space in the room. It was packed with shelves opon shelves of books, and there were many stacks of extra-large, comfy cushions by the far back wall.
The upper tiers were cushioned further, with light red carpet. The stairways and edges were barred off from would-be fallers with a high, fluff-padded fence.
"Isn't it wonderful?" Hermione said.
Someone muttered by his elbow. "Harry...you're blocking the way."
It was Parvati Patil, tapping her foot impatiently.
He stepped hastily out of the doorway, and watched as the flood of students, his future students(Harry stomach growled uncomfortably.) entered the room, ogling the majestic training chamber.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 05:25 AM