KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Harry Potter Fiction » Harry Potter and the Green Flame Torch

Harry Potter and the Green Flame Torch
Started by: DarkC

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (87): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
spidergrl
Living

I WANT TO KNOW!! Can you please send me a Pm and tell me what is going to happen!!

Made by the wonderful Barker .. Thanks Darling

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 11:11 PM
spidergrl is currently offline Click here to Send spidergrl a Private Message Find more posts by spidergrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

AUTHOR'S REPLY- You'll find out... like, right about now.

Harry found Ron and Hermione at supper that evening, and planted himself wearily between them.
"What a day! I had three teachers ask me whether I had Hermione for a partner."
Hermione suddenly seemed interested. "Really? Professor Flitwick and Sprout asked me whether I had you."

They both turned to Ron. "Er, by any chance, Ron...d'you know why the teachers are acting like that?" Hermione asked cautiously.
Ron shrugged, as perplexed as Harry and Hermione were.
Seamus had been eavesdropping, and spoke over a bowl of mashed potatoes.
"Blimey, don't you know, yew two? A lotta' people 'ave pools about you and Hermione. For example, since Dumbledore's announced the Ball, most of the school's been betting if you'd take Hermione. Things 'ave gone further than that sometimes, though. Rumors has it that Dumbledore himself's betting on when you two're going to kiss."

"WHAT?!" Both Harry and Hermione shouted. Ron jumped fearfully, Neville spilled his pumpkin juice, and Seamus choked.
A great fraction of the Great Hall turned to stare, and started giggling when they saw who had yelled. Harry could hear some hasty muttered conversation.
"Ooh, I think they've found out!"
"What d'you think's going to happen now?"
Harry turned crimson, and a cold trickle of sweat ran down the back of his neck.
Hermione seemed just as mortified as he was, and from her motions, was clearly trying to forget what they had just heard.
Ron nudged them both, and pointed at the staff table.
As Harry watched, Professors Sprout, Flitwick, and Tonks were in a huddle and having a quiet conversation. Hagrid was restraining himself from laughing with much difficulty. Professor McGonagall gave him a small sympathetic smile.
"This can't be happening." He told Hermione in a hollow voice.
"Tell me about it." She squeaked.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 11:58 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

The end of another chapter. What do you folks think of my use of vocabulary?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 12:00 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidergrl
Living

It was alright, the thing about the beats was clever but alittle strange

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 02:07 AM
spidergrl is currently offline Click here to Send spidergrl a Private Message Find more posts by spidergrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

CHAPTER TEN--------

The first Hogsmeade weekend was to be set on the weekend before the Ball.
Ron and Dean were unable to go, as they had truly unpleasant accidents in Transfiguration. Ron was complaining of the large amount of spines growing out the back of his head. Dean was sulking over his duck feet. They sat in beds in the hospital wing.
So Harry and Hermione went without Ron.
They strode over the threshold in silence, inhaling the cool October air. Hermione was watching the Ravenclaw's Quidditch training session.
"Looking forward to the game?" He asked her. Gryffindor against Slytherin was to take place in two days.
She shrugged. "Just really nervous, that's all."
Harry was bemused. "What could happen to you? The worst you'll get is a Bludger in the face. In my first game, Quirrel tried to throw me off my broom, remember?"
"Yes, and if I remember correctly, I was the one who saved you."
Harry laughed. "That was by accident, you nearly made Snape lost his concentration."
"But it worked, didn't it?" She smiled.
"Perfectly."
Hermione turned. "Oh, I was wondering...you said you would lend some gold to me to buy new dress robes."
"Well, it was more that you tricked me than anything. Same thing when you asked me to the Ball, and I said yes." Harry snorted, but he was laughing.
"If it worked, it's fine with me."
"That sounded like something Ron would say."
Hermione smirked, rather slyly. "If I hadn't tricked you, would you still have said yes, if I asked you to the Ball?"
"Of course."
"Really?"
"No, I'd rather go with Pansy Parkinson." He said, very sarcastically.
"Why would you have said yes?" She persisted, grinning.
"Well...because you were kind of attractive at the Yule Ball(Hermione giggled), and if I said no, you would probably cry and run to Ron."
"No, I wouldn't!" She said furiously.
Harry gave her an extremely sardonic look.
"All right, but not Ron. I would run to someone in the girl's dorms."
She admitted, and calmed down.
As they neared Hogsmeade, Harry realized that his hunch was right ; it definitely was easier to talk to Hermione than anyone else.
"Where to, first?" Hermione asked.
"It's getting a bit frosty, I'll fancy a Butterbeer at the Three Broomsticks."
She agreed. They walked inside, and chose a table close to Hagrid, who was chugging a tankard of mead, and feeble Professor Flitwick.
The very first thing Harry did was point a half-amused, half-indignant finger at Hagrid.
"You knew!" Harry said. "You knew all along. Why didn't you tell us?"
As soon as Hagrid and Flitwick saw them, Hagrid hurriedly gave Flitwick a couple of Galleons, which Flitwick stuffed into his cloak.
Hermione had noticed. "Uh oh."
Harry felt the same. As he glanced around the room, some people were pointing to him and Hermione.
"Probably not a good idea to come here..." He mumbled to Hermione, but she huffed impatiently and pulled him into a seat.
"Honestly, Harry...you've put up with much more than this. I don't really understand why you'd lose your head over something as small as this."
Harry had an immediate answer. "Because it's not just a stupid rumor, and the whole school's getting involved, even the teachers! Or haven't you noticed?"
Hermione looked as if Harry had made a reasonable point, but she raised her eyebrows. "Oh, just ignore them, then." She said consolingly. "At least it's probably better than everyone convinced that you're deranged or something."
That was true, at least. But Harry was still moody. Hagrid saved them by loudly ordering the pair Butterbeers.
As Harry drank, and glanced at Hermione. "You've grown." He told her, wondering what on Earth had made him say that.
Hermione pretended to gasp in shock as she stood up, and looked down at herself.
"Oh, so I have! Such a suprise!" She sat back down and shook her head, smiling sympathetically at him.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 03:25 AM
spidergrl
Living

Hahaha, they are made for each other!!

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 04:48 AM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Good, that's what I'm tryin' to make the readers see.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 03:13 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Harry snorted, and said nothing else.
They walked out of the shop a half hour later.
"Where shall we go?"
"Ron'll be sick of the hospital food, let's go to Honeyduke's."
Hermione was trailing along behind him. "Harry, your hair's sticking up at the back again."
Harry was in another sardonic mood. "No, really?"
She laughed. "Just let me do something."
"Like what?"
She wordlessly sneaked up behind him, and took hold of the offending strands of hair.
"What -"
"Just let me -"
"Er, Hermione? I don't think this is such a good - "
"Hold still...Diffindo!"
At once, a stunning pain crept through his scalp.
"OUCH!" Eyes watering, he turned around. "What was that for?"
She was looking rather guilty. "Well, you sort of threw my aim off...oh, look at the bright side, Harry. At least it doesn't stick up at the back anymore."
Harry grabbed her hand, dragged her to the nearest shop window, and peered at his reflection. Hermione was quite right, his hair no longer stuck up at the back.
"And long d'you think it takes until it grows back?" He said.
"A month, maybe more. Enough to last you past the Ball."
Harry grinned fiendishly, and whipped out his wand. "OK, then...let me do your hair!"
She looked horrified. Harry attempted to reassure her.
"I swear that I won't do anything really bad. How do you do that hot-air spell again?"
Hermione raised an eyebrow, but showed him the correct complicated wand movement. Harry gave up after a minute. "Ahh, forget it. Is my head bleeding?"
"Afraid so."
"Never mind. Hey, I've never gotten you a birthday present before, have I, Come on, I'll get you one..."
He dragged her off to the Eyelops Owl Eporium.
She was embarassed. "You don't have to - "
"It's OK, It's OK...just consider it sixteen years worth of birthday presents."

Last edited by DarkC on Jan 3rd, 2005 at 07:17 PM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 07:07 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

They left fifteen minutes later, Hermione carrying a huge birdcage with a handsome male eagle owl snuffling inside, stammering her thanks. Harry remembered when Hagrid had gave him Hedwig; his reaction was very much the same.
"What're you going to name him?"
"I dunno. He looks like...ah...what was that god of thunder's name again?"
Hermione frowned. "Thor?"
"Yeah, Thor."
"OK, I'll name him 'Thor', then. Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?"
Harry grinned. "Definitely."
Hermione started walked in the direction of Honeydukes sweetshop.
"Come on, Thor. You're a really heavy owl, you know."
Thor hooted softly.
"So why'd you pick him?" Harry asked.
"Because he was the only one who didn't nip me. Isn't that right, Thor?"
Thor nibbled her finger affectionately.
Harry bought Ron a box of Chocolate Frogs, Hermione a package of Fizzing Whizzbees.
"Think he can finish this all?" Harry said.
"Finish? Knowing Ron, he'll probably be asking for more."
They both laughed.

Last edited by DarkC on Jan 3rd, 2005 at 07:18 PM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 07:14 PM
spidergrl
Living

Loving it...

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 09:15 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Ron wasn't at dinner that evening, Harry supposed he was still getting his spines removed in the hospital wing.
He and Hermione visited Ron, who was very delighted with their get-well gifts.
"So what'd you two do in Hogsmeade without me?" He asked, ripping open a Chocolate Frog wrapper.
"Went to the Three Broomsticks, where we got pointed and laughed at... Honeydukes, Dervish and Banges...the usual. I bought Hermione her owl."
Hermione smiled sheepishly.
"You WHAT!" Ron stopped chewing. "Why didn't you get me anything?"
"Not your birthday yet." Harry told him. "And what do you want?"
Ron swallowed the frog, and reached for another.
"Well...a pet would be nice. I've already got an owl, though."
Harry noticed he said the word "owl" with distaste.
"Oh, well...Pig isn't so bad." He told Ron, who shrugged.
Hermione was poring over the evening edition of the Daily Prophet.
"Anything unusual?" Harry asked her.
"Well..." She pointed at a tiny headline. "Someone from the Ministry's gone missing."
Harry bent over and read.

MINISTRY WIZARD MISSING

Fredrick Farulen, Ministry worker, has mysteriously disappeared while apparently running an errand for a higher ranking Ministry official. The official who gave him the order is being thoroughly questioned, and he pleaded with the reporters to not give his identity away. This official declares that he sent Farulen to retrieve a record from the Department of Magical History recordings.
Farulen disappeared on Friday, October the twenty-first, and has not been seen since.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 11:13 PM
amkrell

Ur ideas r sooooooooooooooo origanal!!!!! u have this whole thing planned out huh? There is no way anyone could come up with this off of the top of their head. I'm loving the whole Harry Hermione thing!!!! I think that Ron would b a bit jelous if truth b told, but I hate it when the three off um fight, so i could care less...excelant, continue pls!!!!

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 12:02 AM
amkrell is currently offline Click here to Send amkrell a Private Message Find more posts by amkrell Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidergrl
Living

Yea, you do have great ideas~!!!

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 12:22 AM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

AUTHOR'S REPLY- Thank you very much, you two! And yeah, I plan this out at home, brainstorm when I finish homework.

Ron read it next.
"Something doesn't feel all that right." Hermione muttered.
Ron was skeptical."OF course it isn't right! Some guy goes missing from the Ministry, didn't he? It's supposed to make the audience feel that something isn't right."
Harry scanned down the article. "Why d'you suppose that his employer didn't want his identity to be revealed?"
"Dunno, don't care," Ron said. "Chuck us another frog."
"Maybe it's because he's afraid of the spotlight." Harry suggested.
"Well, maybe...."
Hermione put the paper down.
At that moment, Madam Pomfrey stalked over, waving a bottle of some bright green liquid. "Out! Out! Unless you want spines sticking in you, Out!"
Hermione and Harry were forced to flee the hospital wing.
"Have you tried to do any research on the...ah...dream of Sirius I had?"
Hermione nodded. "Nothing successful, though...not without solid knowledge of what I'm really looking for."
Harry walked in silence. Some inner instinct of his was telling him that he should find out more about his dream...
At once, a sharp, searing pain flared across his scar.
"OUCH!" He yelled, grabbing it. Eyes watering, he turned to face Hermione, her face tinged with worry.
"You scar?" She asked quickly. Harry nodded.
"What mood is he in? Could you tell?"
Harry tried to remember. This time, it had flared for a whole two seconds, not just a sudden pain, which disappeared as fast as it had come.
He had felt a funny, lightweight feeling in his gut, and at the same time, a cold sweat had broken out...
"He's worried." Harry said. How he knew, he did not know, but he had been worried so before, and had felt the exact same gut feeling.
"Worried?" Hermione repeated faintly. "Harry, I honestly don't know what could make You-Know-Who worried...I mean..."
"I know." Harry said. "I was thinking about that too..."
They made their way to the common room in silence, both having the same unsettling thoughts.
As Harry climbed into his four-poster bed, he could not help but feel a hint of reassurance as he thought about it.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 03:21 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

AUTHOR'S NOTE- I might not be posting all that much than what I was doing over Christmas break. I've got exams soon.
Putting the first Chapter title on later. Bit of a no-brainer, really. Told you I was bad at these things.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 03:26 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

AUTHOR'S NOTE- Told you it was a no-brainer. More later. I'm in class right now. stick out tongue

CHAPTER ELEVEN--------------
The Hallowe'en Ball

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 03:36 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Hallowe'en arrived with a sense of excitement, in such quantity that one could almost see it in the air.
The Friday started off with Hermione barging in yet again in Harry's dormitory.
"Wake up!" She said loudly, shaking Harry and Ron.
Ron grunted sleepily, and Harry tried to say something. However, he was still subconscious enough that his voice sounded unusually stupid, almost as unintelligient as Grawp's.
"Whuh?"
"Wake up." She repeated, now lightly kicking Ron in the rear end. Ron retaliated by throwing a fluffy pillow at her.
"Gerroff, Hermione." He growled.
Harry managed to look at the window, and fell back onto his bed.
"Hermione," He croaked. "It's the crack of dawn."
"So?" She said, unconcerned.
"So we really need more sleep."
Ron rolled over, and threw a maroon sock at her.
"Hermione, you might be albe to wake up early but us men need our beauty sleep."
She ignored him. "Who cares?"
"We do." Seamus said, peering blearily out of his curtain at them.
Neville and Dean simply grunted in agreement, too exhausted to do much else.
Harry sighed in frustration. "Hermione? How many times have you woken us up this year? Five? Ten?"
"Two."
"Felt like a lot more, to tell you the truth. You're already fully dressed?"
She looked down at herself, in mock amazement. "Why, yes I am!"
"That's nice," Ron snarled. "Now get out while we change!"
She sidled out of their dormitory, snickering to herself.
"How many more times is she going to do that this year?" Ron said heatedly.
"Too many to count."
Neville, Dean, and Seamus had fallen back alseep again; Harry and Ron were changing.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 07:10 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

According to Harry's new watch, it was still just past six o'clock, too early even for breakfast.
However, Hermione wasn't in the deserted great hall, or the common room.
"Where'd she go?" Ron wondered aloud.
Harry had a hunch. "Owlery."
Sure enough, Hermione was stroking Thor, who had by coincedence, roosted right next to Hedwig, and above Pigwidgeon.
Hedwig fluttered down, and stuck out her leg.
"No letters today." Harry told her, smoothing her feathers. "Just visiting. How's your wing?"
Hedwig hooted quietly, and held out her repaired wing.
Pig was still asleep.
"He's better when he isn't screeching down our ears, eh?" Ron held out his finger softly, and prodded his miniscule owl. Pig made a noise more akin to a rodent than an owl, and woke.
"We've all got owls now." Harry said, proudly.
Ron stood at mock attention. "May their flights always be safe, and their tasks never fail."
"Amen." Hermione and Harry said. All three of their owls hooted.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 07:24 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

They had the afternoon off on Friday, and Ron, Seamus, and some of the girls were planning to throw a small party in the Gryffindor common room.
Ron, Hermione, and Harry walked down to the great hall for breakfast. It was about seven o'clock now, so breakfast was being served. The only other people in the hall were Ernie, Hannah, Justin, a group fo small Ravenclaws, and Crabbe.
Dumbledore was, of course, up already.
They ate their fill of sausages, kippers, and buttered toast.
"We've still got about an hour and a half left." muttered Harry.
Ron looked annoyedly at Hermione. "Why'd you wake us up so early?"
"Because I woke up, and I didn't feel like being lonely. So I ran up to your dormitory, and woke you up."
"You woke us up because you were lonely?" Ron said incredulously. "Next thing, you're probably going to wake us up to check if you've forgotten a piece of homework."
Hermione eyed daggers at him.
"OK, OK...I take it back." Ron sighed.

Harry and Ron had a spare first, whereas Hermione went down to the dungeons for Potions.
"Ahhh..." Hary sighed, grinning. "You know, I can't even remember the last time Snape railed at me about something."
"That's a really good thing."
Harry stopped smiling. "By the way, my scar hurt last week."
"Well, go to Dumbledore."
Harry frowned. "No, I already know what it means."
"Well, what was You-Know-Who's mood? Could you tell?"
"Yeah...he was worried."
Ron's reaction was even more overrated than Hermione's.
"You-Know-Who....worried about something? Come off it, Harry, are you serious? I mean, I've never heard of him worried about something, unless it has to do with Dumbledore..."
"Exactly." Harry said grimly.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 11:27 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Charms was very enjoyable, as Professor Flitwick allowed them to bring any game they wanted. So for an hour and a half, the class had the greatest fun in any class they had so far this year.
Harry, of course, had brought the Tactical Wizarding Battle Set, and his Wizarding Chess set.
Seamus and Dean had immediately called the Chess set, and set off in a game. A whole crowd of people had wanted to play with the Tactical set, but Harry had been much more protective.
He cleared off four desks with Ron, and pulled them together to make a crude table.
Most of the remainder of the class had stayed, pulled up chairs, and watched.
The set that he had got for his birthday came with an interactive duelling environment, which was a forested glade, with scattered boulders.
Playing was very much like directing troops in battle. Unlike Chess, however, you could move your players( thirty in total ) up to anywhere on the playing field.
The first miniature duel came when one of Ron's wizards clashed with one of Harry's, who was ordered to hide behind a large boulder. Harry, Ron, and the class watched as the miniature men began waving their wands, sending jets of light at each other. Harry and Ron egged theirs on.
"No, NO, disarm him, you idiot!"
"Stun him on his blind side! Go on!"
The rest of the class also started shouting enthusiastically.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 11:38 PM