KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » 9/11 3 years ago

9/11 3 years ago
Started by: bardock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Naz
Super Senior Member

no i wasnt picked up at school, i didnt see why some people were picked up, new york is over 1500 miles away from alabama, we could have finished out the day, and then go home to watch the news bout what happened

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 04:42 PM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Bacon
Who?

me either

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 04:43 PM
Mr. Bacon is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Bacon a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Bacon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
momoko
the feeling is criminal

quote:
Originally posted by Nazgulinthedark
no i wasnt picked up at school, i didnt see why some people were picked up, new york is over 1500 miles away from alabama, we could have finished out the day, and then go home to watch the news bout what happened

Maybe a relative was near the attack.

made by lana

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 04:47 PM
momoko is currently offline Click here to Send momoko a Private Message Find more posts by momoko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
V@LL3jOk!D707

i remember this day. i was in fifth grade and i was at home getting ready for school when i turned on the tv and saw it happened. i remember that i really didnt think anything of it. i was really dumb back then. then i went to school and my teacher didnt talk about it or anything. but the day after we did do this project with the american flag.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 04:51 PM
V@LL3jOk!D707 is currently offline Click here to Send V@LL3jOk!D707 a Private Message Find more posts by V@LL3jOk!D707 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Zero
"a moment of silence" ?

As a mark of respect i'm going to not post again at all today - it's not a day for frivolity or argument.

your words of scilence and respect have amazed me, mr zero. for i was conviced that you were one of only arogance. i have been wrong about you, and i also will not post today.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 04:51 PM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Bacon
Who?

^ well said
i think i will follow

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 04:54 PM
Mr. Bacon is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Bacon a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Bacon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evy_O
don't let go

I was at home and my bro told me, of course at first I didn't realise the extent of it confused

so sad there's no words to describe it sad

shallow me, then spit me out
for hating you I blame myself
seeing you it kills me now
no, I don't cry on the outside anymore...

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 04:54 PM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

*stops posting for the day*

Im Back happy

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 05:03 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

eh i dont remember were i was maybe sleeping in some class

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 05:37 PM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing. Sophomore year, I was in chemistry class. We were doing a lab and my partner had given me the matches and I was happily burning things, when suddenly another teacher came and and whispered something to my chem teacher. He had us clean up (even though we were in the middle of a lab), and about a minute later they made an announcement over the loudspeaker. They really didn't tell us that much as to what happened (because I guess they really didn't know at that point), but basically in every class the rest of the day we had a radio on, or if there was a TV in the classroom we had that on so we could see/hear the news. In fact, I remember that during my drama class we couldn't get the TV to pick up any stations so we somehow made an antenna out of a paperclip so we could watch the news. It was really terrible.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 05:43 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Okay, moment of silence complete.

I was sleeping when it happened. My mom came in and woke me up and said "we're under attack". Of course, being half asleep I had no idea what she was talking about. At first I thought there were some robbers attacking our house or something. Then I turned on the TV, totally unbelievable. I skipped school that day and a friend of mine came over to watch the news.

Truley a horrible horrible day in history.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 06:39 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire

Okay, moment of silence complete.

I was sleeping when it happened. My mom came in and woke me up and said "we're under attack". Of course, being half asleep I had no idea what she was talking about. At first I thought there were some robbers attacking our house or something. Then I turned on the TV, totally unbelievable. I skipped school that day and a friend of mine came over to watch the news.

Truley a horrible horrible day in history.

So..even thought yuou thought their were burglars outside...you turned the TV on?

Im Back happy

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 06:43 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Yeah, she woke me up and I was tired and didn't feel like getting out of bed. And once I woke up a little I realized that she probably didn't mean that there were people attacking our house, but our country. So naturally, I switched on the TV.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 06:44 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Zink
Bane

Captain Rex and I were getting ready to go to school. His parents turned on the TV and were getting very emotional about it. We thought they were overreacting because we're little stupid kids like that... stick out tongue

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 06:46 PM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

I remember that day and the day princess dianna died the most out of any other day in my life

Im Back happy

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 06:52 PM
Sarah Malfoy

it seems like yesterday...
i was at home at that time, i was only 11, and i was watching tv waiting for cartoons... but on tv, i could see only the twin burning so many peorple dirty, scared, they were screaming, and i started to cry, because my parents were so nervous, and i could feel it!
any way, i couldnt belive it! but over all, i remenber the cars they walked so slowly on the street and evryone was scared and incapable to think about anything... i didnt sleeped that night!

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 11:12 PM
Sarah Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Sarah Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Sarah Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Wiggles
AHHHH!!

my best friends mother and my next door neighbor died that day, eventually my neighbors daughter moved in with her mother...

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 11:35 PM
Mr Wiggles is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Wiggles a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Wiggles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

I was at home the whole day as high school hadn't started for me yet. I first heard about it in the morning on Sac's local sports radio show. The morning guys show was pretty wacky, so it was pretty strange when I heard them all serious talking about a attack. When I first saw it, I didn't really now what to think as I had never seen anything like that and it was just so unbelievable. For the next few days I was almost like a zombie, not knowing what to do, what to think. Two days after the attacks my dog died, which really was painfully for me because I was very close to that dog and to have those two things back to back really hurt me emotionally. I still turn my head when the images of that day are shown, as it's just to sad and devastating to watch.

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 11:57 PM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

I remember this as vividly as the day I watched the carnage unfold at Columbine.
I got a phone call from my husband between 9 and 10 in the morning. He asked me if I could believe what was happening. I asked him what was happening, and he told me to turn on the tv. He told me a plane had hit one of the twin towers. I got a shiver down my spine and told him I didn't think it was an accident. The next plane then hit the second tower. He asked me how I knew it wasn'nt an accident. I didn't know, I just had a feeling. For about a half hour, I allowed my children to watch along with me--until the first tower fell.

My then 4-year-old son suggested we get in the car and head to NY to help put out the fires and save the people. I turned on some cartoons for them and watched more on the tv in my room. I didn't think they needed to see anymore, but I could do nothing but watch and cry for the better part of the day.

Three years later, I still cry whenever I think about that day--and I can't even imagine the horror of having been there--or losing a member of your family to such an attack. I never thought something of that magnitude (save for a possbile nuclear strike or other airbourne assault in the mid 80's or early 90's) would occur on our own soil.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2004 01:07 AM
badsymbiote is currently offline Click here to Send badsymbiote a Private Message Find more posts by badsymbiote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MegaHarrison

Sickest part of all this is that there were mass celebrations by Muslim groups all over the world today. In locations such as London, Berlin, Amsterdam, Tripoli, and Tehran.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2004 01:15 AM
MegaHarrison is currently offline Click here to Send MegaHarrison a Private Message Find more posts by MegaHarrison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote