KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Would you send your child to a religious school?

Would you send your child to a religious school?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes. 8 26.67%
No. 17 56.67%
I'm not sure. 5 16.67%
Total: 30 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Would you send your child to a religious school?
Started by: WhiteEagle

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CherryPop
I'm Bringing Sexy Back

I was homeschooled Sy, i know what they do and don't have. Homeschooling has MANY groups of kids that meet up and do activities, goes places, etc. I mean I've been Homeschooled, in public school, and private. and out of the three, homeschooling was the best. But like i said, i'm not sure. I may send her to a private or religious school.

My Sig Gallery Taking Requests

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 04:49 PM
CherryPop is currently offline Click here to Send CherryPop a Private Message Find more posts by CherryPop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Hell no.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 04:51 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

quote:
Originally posted by Delicious1
I was homeschooled Sy, i know what they do and don't have. Homeschooling has MANY groups of kids that meet up and do activities, goes places, etc. I mean I've been Homeschooled, in public school, and private. and out of the three, homeschooling was the best. But like i said, i'm not sure. I may send her to a private or religious school.

I didn't mean that offensively Ash, far from it. I guess because I live in good ol' Britain, I cannot comprehend even half the horrors your young generation has to go through even to graduate. From the sound of it, you want only the best for your children, as and when you have them.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 04:53 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
Hell no.

Care to elaborate?

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 04:54 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CherryPop
I'm Bringing Sexy Back

quote:
Hell no.

Short, sweet, and to the point. I like that big grin

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 04:54 PM
CherryPop is currently offline Click here to Send CherryPop a Private Message Find more posts by CherryPop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CherryPop
I'm Bringing Sexy Back

quote:
Originally posted by Syren
I didn't mean that offensively Ash, far from it. I guess because I live in good ol' Britain, I cannot comprehend even half the horrors your young generation has to go through even to graduate. From the sound of it, you want only the best for your children, as and when you have them.

Mika is all i got and yes, i do want the best for her. But like i said i'm not entirely sure yet.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 04:55 PM
Syren
dreaming

smile Understood

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 04:56 PM
BackFire

quote:
Originally posted by Syren
Care to elaborate?

Sending my kid to school will get get them enough bullshit agendas shoved down their throat, I don't need a catholic school brainwashing them into believing their religion too.

There's going to be a large enough number of Christians and Catholics in public schools that will probably influence a child in deciding what they end up believing in. I want them to make up their own mind and believe in what they want. I DON'T want my child believing it because all the kids and teachers around them influenced my child.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 04:58 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

quote:
Sending my kid to school will get get them enough bullshit agendas shoved down their throat, I don't need a catholic school brainwashing them into believing their religion too.

There's going to be a large enough number of Christians and Catholics in public schools that will probably influence a child in deciding what they end up believing in. I want them to make up their own mind and believe in what they want. I DON'T want my child believing it because all the kids and teachers around them influenced my child.

Elaborated big grin

My thoughts exactly, or close enough anyway. Propaganda? There's enough other bull to worry about.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 04:59 PM
lucija
xxx

I was going to Catholic high school and I'm not catholic. I think it was good school. good friends and also quite good teachers.
yes I would send my children there because I think that the atmosphere on this kind of school is friendly...
and children should know God aqnd doesn't matter through which religion...

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 05:15 PM
lucija is currently offline Click here to Send lucija a Private Message Find more posts by lucija Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CherryPop
I'm Bringing Sexy Back

yeah but like another member said. They talk about God in the 1st- 10th grade.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 05:17 PM
BackFire

Yes, but you are not constantly surrounded by people who believe heavily in the faith from 1st-10th grade. I have no problem with school teaching religion to my kids, I want them to be educated about it, but I want them to make up their own mind, and not believe in something because everyone around this pressures them to believe in something.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 05:20 PM
CherryPop
I'm Bringing Sexy Back

yeah, i can agree with that

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 05:26 PM
LeoJW

quote:
Originally posted by TrAnCeDuO
you cant hold them back forever...theyll eventually have to interact with this kind of stuff....its inevitable...

Not if I can help it!

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 05:34 PM
LeoJW is currently offline Click here to Send LeoJW a Private Message Find more posts by LeoJW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

I just hope that wherever I eventually choose to send my kids ends up having a decent balance in the curriculum. I'll be happy with that.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 05:36 PM
CherryPop
I'm Bringing Sexy Back

quote:
Originally posted by TrAnCeDuO
you cant hold them back forever...theyll eventually have to interact with this kind of stuff....its inevitable...

yes but i'd rather them be more mature and responsible. I'd rather her know what drugs, drinking, smoking, and violence can do to you before she thinks "Well what's one puff?"
One puff could end her life.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 05:38 PM
shaber
schizoid

Quite so, it's difficult for parents to win in that sphere.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 05:39 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CherryPop
I'm Bringing Sexy Back

yeah well i'll be the few that does. even if i have to tie her to the bed and not allow her to leave. She'll hate me but she'll be safe

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 05:40 PM
Syren
dreaming

yes It's difficult, I have much experience of the nastier aspects of life, mostly off my own back. Therefore I would strive to keep my child away from it. But I think that suffocation when I was young played a big part in what I eventually came to experience.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 05:41 PM
CherryPop
I'm Bringing Sexy Back

Okay well let me put it this way. If i find out that she starts drinking (even once) before she's 21. She's getting her ass beaten. If she EVER smoke or does drugs, i'm beating her ass. I will not allow her to make the same mistakes i did.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 05:44 PM