KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Would you send your child to a religious school?

Would you send your child to a religious school?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes. 8 26.67%
No. 17 56.67%
I'm not sure. 5 16.67%
Total: 30 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Would you send your child to a religious school?
Started by: WhiteEagle

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
shaber
schizoid

It's probably easier if she doesn't live somewhere grim like North England.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 05:44 PM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

quote:
Originally posted by Delicious1
Okay well let me put it this way. If i find out that she starts drinking (even once) before she's 21. She's getting her ass beaten. If she EVER smoke or does drugs, i'm beating her ass. I will not allow her to make the same mistakes i did.

It's really hard for me to disagree with you Ash, because I have pretty much the same life experience as you. But I don't think I would beat on my child for making the same mistakes I did, it'd be way too hypocritical. I'd ensure they know the dangers, graphically if necessary, but in essence they must make their own mistakes. There's only so much protection a parent can offer erm

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 05:48 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CherryPop
I'm Bringing Sexy Back

I will fully educate my daughter about the dangers of drugs, smoking, etc. You see a mistake is something you do on accident. Not intentionally trying to hurt someone. If she lights a cigarette or snorts some coke up her noes after i TOLD her what happens. It's not a mistake and she deserves to be punished.

My Sig Gallery Taking Requests

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 05:54 PM
CherryPop is currently offline Click here to Send CherryPop a Private Message Find more posts by CherryPop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

True. I suppose my parents never did educate me completely about the dangers, so mine were mostly mistakes. I knew the deal, but I still hadn't had the experience of seeing someone OD, or die of cancer. I have now.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 05:56 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CherryPop
I'm Bringing Sexy Back

exactly. And there is noway in hell im allowing that to happen to Mika.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 05:58 PM
CherryPop is currently offline Click here to Send CherryPop a Private Message Find more posts by CherryPop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

no I guess not. Ok, I'm moved. I don't have any children Ash, and obviously I know about Mika. Do what you have to do hun.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 05:59 PM
CherryPop
I'm Bringing Sexy Back

ok thanks girl. Luv ya

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 06:00 PM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

quote:
I will fully educate my daughter about the dangers of drugs, smoking, etc. You see a mistake is something you do on accident. Not intentionally trying to hurt someone. If she lights a cigarette or snorts some coke up her noes after i TOLD her what happens. It's not a mistake and she deserves to be punished.

you are a parent...not a god.

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 06:02 PM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CherryPop
I'm Bringing Sexy Back

That doesn't matter. She's MY daughter and she'll do what i tell her.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 06:05 PM
Syren
dreaming

Duo, you have no right to comment here. You don't know Ash and you don't know Mika. Therefore you have no comprehension of the trauma that occured already. So shut it.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 06:05 PM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

quote:

i can already see many things wrong with that.

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 06:07 PM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CherryPop
I'm Bringing Sexy Back

there is nothing wrong with that! Are you a parent! No! I'm a mother. I know what needs to be done! I love her more than life itself and i will not let anyone or anything harm her.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 06:09 PM
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

the more you punish her or tell her whats right and wrong there will be an increased chance that she will
A:become submissively weak and pathetic
or B: rebel against you in her teen years

just let them find their own way in life.

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 06:12 PM
The Rover

I'm A.....stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 06:13 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote:

Ugh, that will work when she's young, however when she gets old enough to start thinking for herself don't expect that to fly. If anything that kind of mentality will only make her want to do things to disobey you.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 06:14 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CherryPop
I'm Bringing Sexy Back

(trancedou) You have no right telling me how to raise MY child. Unless you have one that is 17+ , can it.

Peach
mordrem

...Duo, EVERYONE rebels against their parents as a teen, regardless of whether or not their parents are strict or not. Hell, even I did, to some extent.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

quote:
You have no right telling me how to raise MY child. Unless you have one that is 17+ , can it.

wow you seem to be in some deep denial about human psychology.

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 06:15 PM
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote:
Originally posted by Silver Stardust
...Duo, EVERYONE rebels against their parents as a teen, regardless of whether or not their parents are strict or not. Hell, even I did, to some extent.

I did not. My parents were always fair and understanding, I never felt them to be people I needed to rebel against. They allowed me to do what I wanted as long as it was within reason and never tried to rule over me with an iron fist.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 06:16 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

I did big grin

Guys, chill, we all do it differently because with respect, regardless of age, we are all still learning. Do it the way you think best, instincts are after all, still strong in us.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2004 06:16 PM