KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » New UN Members

New UN Members
Started by: Imperial_Samura

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
swedish? I thought the french were always the mocking stock blink

oh they still are...

and i don't see that changing anytime in the near future...no

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 06:24 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
oh they still are...

and i don't see that changing anytime in the near future...no

I sense a certain sympathy here.......?

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 07:30 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anth
The one and only

On another level. The United Nations hasn't done anything correctly over the Darfur issue. Instead of causing economic sanctions or whatever they are doing against Ethiopia. It is not working. This is a place where they should make a resolution to enter with force and make peace and protect the people from hostilities since their government has failed to do so.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 07:35 PM
Anth is currently offline Click here to Send Anth a Private Message Find more posts by Anth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

quote:
Originally posted by Anth
On another level. The United Nations hasn't done anything correctly over the Darfur issue. Instead of causing economic sanctions or whatever they are doing against Ethiopia. It is not working. This is a place where they should make a resolution to enter with force and make peace and protect the people from hostilities since their government has failed to do so.

Argh, I absolutely hate when people say that force should be used in order to make peace. Do you seriously see that having the desired effect? Where, exactly has that method worked thus far?

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 07:43 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Unicor777
Hogwarts Cafe MANAGER

The UN is a power game, an attempt to establish a world order that would be fair to everyone!!! But the rules of the game in the recent decade hav violated and broken thats why it looks like joke.
Expanding the permanent members is a good initiative, but only if the rules of play are respect otherwise there will be no effect. And one of the rules says that no arm conflict or no strike will be materialized unless its endorsed by the Security council! The last events violated this rule! So coming to the original topics, if the rules of the UN are not respected we don't need such a farse! Maybe we should have another international body that would show the true face of the leading counties in the world, something that would reflect who pulls the strems in the world. Because like this, some economic forces, hiden behind their governments are trying to full the rest of the world, that at least in UN everyone is equal and that their economically motivated moves are for the well being of the international peace!

a famouse philosopher/writer once said: "Would you agree to build a temple of Love if ints groun a life child is burried?"

So its the same with the curent situation, you can not cause a war on behalf of the peace... simply those two state of minds, or situations don't go together

$$$REMEMBER DUMBLEDORE$$$

R.I.P Headmaster Severus Snape

Take the portkey

GRYFFINDOR MALE PREFECT

Tigg, RebPhoe, Maika, Rogue, Sarant, ADarksideJedi, MUSC

Last edited by Unicor777 on Oct 15th, 2004 at 10:43 PM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 10:37 PM
Unicor777 is currently offline Click here to Send Unicor777 a Private Message Find more posts by Unicor777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

in other words: just get rid of the UN already and keep laughing at the french

Old Post Oct 15th, 2004 10:53 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote