KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Our minds stay wit us when we die

Our minds stay wit us when we die
Started by: ladygrim

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
finti

quote:
Nothingness
more like G W Bush`s brain then

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 11:25 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

quote:
Originally posted by WhiteEagle
I think death will be like dreamless sleep. Nothingness.

But if you've died how can you even be aware of darkness or an eternal sleep?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 11:34 AM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

quote:
It is said that the brain continues to function for up to five minutes after the heart and breathing stop

it is also said that nails continue to grow for up to 3 months this is also bull sh!t sorry when your dead your dead IMO

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 01:04 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteEagle
Bionic Commando

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
But if you've died how can you even be aware of darkness or an eternal sleep?

That's my point man. To me death would most likely be nothingness. In a dreamless sleep you aren't aware of anything, even darkness.

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
-Albert Camus

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 02:40 PM
WhiteEagle is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteEagle a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteEagle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

quote:
Originally posted by deadly_force
it is also said that nails continue to grow for up to 3 months this is also bull sh!t sorry when your dead your dead IMO

It's not bull shit. The thing about hair and fingernails, maybe, but the part about the brain isn't unreasonable at all. As I said before, we have to keep in mind that clinically "dead" only means the heart and breathing have stopped. But I've heard stories from people who have been clinically dead for periods of time that they did have conscious thought through the entire experience. The entire body doesn't die at once, there are parts that continue to live after the heart stops.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 03:12 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Clinically dead does not equal brain dead.

I don't believe that our minds stay with us once we die or anything, I think that that's just something that people who're scared of death came up with to comfort themselves or something.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 03:15 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

“But one woman, who has since died, reported a "hell" experience of falling downwards and being surrounded by dark, frightening shapes and noises??? ( i wonder where she went )”
I bet ya she was a believer!

For the usual suspects (ehrm sceptics) among us, I present:
”Hallucinatory Near-Death Experiences (2003)” http://www.infidels.org/library/mod...ine/HNDEs.shtml
This is written by Keith Augustine, a philosopher from Maryland.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2004 03:36 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Question Just a question for you guys out there.

quote:
Originally posted by PRK
bull shit

What is so bs about what I said.Care to say what you don't argee with,
I think it will be interested to know other people's idea and saying that it is crap what I said leave the question why do you think it is crap?
So does anyone care to delighten me in what I said was wrong or why you disargree with me?JM confused laughing Happy Dance

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 11:07 AM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteEagle
Bionic Commando

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Revan
It's not bull shit. The thing about hair and fingernails, maybe

I've heard that the fingernails and hair continue to grow for approximately 2 weeks after you die. Also, that your internal organs decompose creating gasses which build up in the chest cavity and eventually force your organs out of your ass. That said, go cremation!

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
-Albert Camus

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 10:57 AM
WhiteEagle is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteEagle a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteEagle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

If I die and find out that I'm still surrounded by the same minds that I've been around all my life - i'll be majorly pissed off. Personally I'm expecting oblivion.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 11:25 AM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteEagle
Bionic Commando

Oblivion is definitely underrated.

-Albert Camus

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 01:31 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav

i think death will just be black and mind numingly boring no no

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 01:32 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

say no to death live forever like me

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 01:33 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote