KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » Aaaargh! My eyes!

Aaaargh! My eyes!
Started by: Mr Zero

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
furryman
honky

Did you not get the hologram box-cover for Donnie Darko DC? It's lush! no expression

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 02:40 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

What a beautifully random selection happy

I use to do that kind of thing all the time when I broke my arm, cept it wasn't as well planned as this. I'd just close my eyes and pick out the first DVD I touched. There really is nothing like watching Toy Story back to back with Battle Royale.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 03:38 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by furryman
Did you not get the hologram box-cover for Donnie Darko DC? It's lush! no expression

Yes i did , but since it's a lenticular postcard and a bunch of card, I slipped the postcard inside the DVD cover case and binned the rest. I'm no purist!

Martian Chronicles was sweet sweet sci-fi nostalgia, but 2 hours is enough retro 80's clothing for me - i'll save the rest for Sunday.

I was going to disregard all the suggestions and say "ok - next person to post" but its Vampy, and who can ignore her? It would take a stronger man than me thats for sure. Plus I've been itching to watch the Reservoir Dogs SE since I got my first copy, which I ended up giving away to someone who got over excited when they saw the cover. Common occurrence it seems!

Wildness! I haven't seen Dogs since it 1st came out at the cinema - I tend to leave distance between viewings of films that I dig-big. This will only be my second time around with the RD crew - super happy fun!

Vampy if you didn't manage to rent it you can swim over and watch it with me - The downside is that it's starting in 10 mins and the AME film festival has a strictly "no late admissions" policy. Best get your freak on.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 04:23 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gaca
KATIUSHA

if you pay for the place ticket happy

cause they didn't have it sad

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 04:30 PM
Gaca is currently offline Click here to Send Gaca a Private Message Find more posts by Gaca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

I thought the Res Dogs SE cover was orgasmic.. then I saw The Untouchables SE DVD

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 04:41 PM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

Re: Aaaargh! My eyes!

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Zero
Today is the day of the Aaaargh! My eyes! film festival here in London. Why have you not heard of this? Because I just invented it yesterday - stop interrupting with your stupid questions. My arm sprain has been acting up again these last few weeks so I've had to put my brace back on, so i can't draw or sculpt or do anything else one handed.

(please log in to view the image)

I'm too lazy to get dressed and go out - so I decided to have the AME film fest. I have stacked up all the DVDs I bought in the last few days and I'm going to watch most of them today. The only problem is I can't decide which order - so after scratching me head for a while i thought I'd throw it to the floor.*

Here's the list. What do I watch first?
Once I've seen it I'll come back for the next - and so on... what fun!

• Donnie Darko - The Directors Cut
  • SPACED the 3 disk collectors Edition
  • The Martian Chronicles
  • The Adventures of Robin Hood (Errol Flyn)
  • Once upon a time in the West
  • Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein double bill
  • Sunrise ( F.W. Murnau - 1927 )
  • The African Queen
  • Tipping the Velvet (3 part BBC adaptation)
  • Reservoir Dogs SE
  • The complete Ripping Yarns (Michael Palin and Terry Jones)

* I reserve the right to ignore suggestions from people I don't like, newbies and assholes. which pretty much covers all of you.

lol great idea!! i once had a day like that i bought like ten packs of popcorn and watched movies all day.. i saw

the matrix II
Cambridge Spies
JB LALD
time cop
40 days and 40 nigths
paycheck
the ring
kill bill
matchstick men

i was reallyproud of my self laughing

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 04:43 PM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

i havent heard of any of those movies, cept robin hood, which i havent seen...so watch robin hood cause the disney cartoon version is cool.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 05:05 PM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

ohh I'm so excited he's watching reservoir dogs right now! I swear that movie gets better with each viewing!

maybe after RD you should watch Once upon a time in the West

more gun slinging action big grin

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 06:40 PM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

Ah! Dogs. My confusion about this film has always been that other people talked about it being over-the-top and ultra-violent. To me it still looks like a pared down minimalist exercise in understatement. Saw a touch of Riddley Scott in QT's work this time round that I hadn't seen before. I'll watch it again in another 10 years.

Gotta say the SE vocal track is a disappointment - it's a montage of interviews rather than a dedicated commentary. I'll do the disk 2 docos some other time.

Packaging still kicks assss tho. Bow down before R2 RD SE.

All previous suggestions/bets are off -I'm taking a break to have a shower and some food. 1st vote i see on my return is the one that counts. Assuming anyone still cares ?

Attachment: dogs.jpg
This has been downloaded 79 time(s).

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 07:46 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ms Chelle
ubuntu

The Adventures of Robin Hood (Errol Flyn) if you've not watched it yet .

made by Scribble

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 07:49 PM
Ms Chelle is currently offline Click here to Send Ms Chelle a Private Message Find more posts by Ms Chelle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by shellie
The Adventures of Robin Hood (Errol Flyn)

I'm going to shave my goatee into a Flyn style affair and settle down to buckle my swash with this much - loved classic.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 09:05 PM
Ms Chelle
ubuntu

ok , enjoy

made by Scribble

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 09:08 PM
Ms Chelle is currently offline Click here to Send Ms Chelle a Private Message Find more posts by Ms Chelle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

quote:
I'm going to shave my goatee into a Flyn style affair and settle down to buckle my swash with this much - loved classic.

Make me pics thank you please.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 10:35 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by Syren
Make me pics thank you please.

Much as i love the Depp in POTC, Flynn bucked swash like no other in this film and it will never be bettered. how could it? "what? No greeting from you Sir Guy?" Flynn playing Robin Hood as Peter Pan is priceless.

Attachment: hood.jpg
This has been downloaded 59 time(s).

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 09:58 AM
BadKitty
cockeyed

mmm pics of mr.zero whistle

when can we get the rest of that sweet pic?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 10:07 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

quote:
Originally posted by BadKitty
when can we get the rest of that sweet pic?

once I get a haircut and a facelift. however for $7 a month you can join my peek-a-boo webcam site.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 11:40 AM
lil bitchiness
-

*joins the site*

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 11:42 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

peek-a-boo webcam... classy

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 11:45 AM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ms Chelle
ubuntu

quote:
once I get a haircut and a facelift. however for $7 a month you can join my peek-a-boo webcam site.
facelift ? HA !....you need a facelift like i need a whole in my head .

made by Scribble

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 01:07 PM
Raz
Meister

Admin

Theres a 3 disc collectors version of Spaced??? I HAVE to buy this!

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 03:43 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote