KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » UK anti-Bush letters spark outrage

UK anti-Bush letters spark outrage
Started by: ash007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zanthor

I love seeing local candidates being toted by our home town paper. It doesn't matter that so and so's brother is on the editorial board. Not conflict of interest there! wink

Just like I am sure there will be fair voting in Florida With Bush's brother helping and that nice lady. What was her name? Oh ya, Katherine Harris. The Florida Secretary of State who certified the election results and disenfranchized thousand of voters. Oh, I almost forgot she also served as co-chair of Bush's Florida campaign. Again no conflict of interest there!

Duct tape is like the force; it has a light side and a dark side and holds the universe together.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 12:15 AM
Zanthor is currently offline Click here to Send Zanthor a Private Message Find more posts by Zanthor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

quote:
Originally posted by Raz
Not when it doesn't affect them, nor involves them in anyway.

Its like poking your nose in someone else's business.

So, being a nosey judging b!tch isn't against the law you know!
If it were, I'd be on death row!

quote:
Due to your elections last time, hundreds of our troops are in a foreign country fighting daily...

Dont blame Bush for that, all responsibility lies with Mr. Blair.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 01:12 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

quote:
Originally posted by Raz
The outcome of your elections affects not just your country, but the world.

Due to your elections last time, hundreds of our troops are in a foreign country fighting daily...

Doesn't matter, that's the business of Englands prime minister. He chose to go to war as well, his hand wasn't forced. It is still not Englands business to send letters to people in another country. Of course they have the RIGHT to do it, but it's still blatantly stupid.

How do you think it would go over if Americans were sending letters to try and sway voters in England for some kind of election. I'm sure people would get upset and recognize it as stupid, which it would be. Same goes for the current happening.

Again, I still don't know why people are getting upset over it, just toss the letters in the trash where they belong. BAM! Problem solved.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 01:29 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
Doesn't matter, that's the business of Englands prime minister. He chose to go to war as well, his hand wasn't forced. It is still not Englands business to send letters to people in another country. Of course they have the RIGHT to do it, but it's still blatantly stupid.

No one force the PM to chose to go to war. But I'm sure there was opposition in the Parlimant or the House of Commons or whatever they call it over there. English citizens had to have some type of protest and writting letters always gets the message across. The people are opposed. You and I might see it as stupid but is their own way of telling the US people that they don't approve of our leaders decisions.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 01:39 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Well good for them, I don't think anyone in this country is going to care about some letter from someone in another country telling them which way to vote.

Not only is it dumb, it's pointless.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 01:43 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

quote:
How do you think it would go over if Americans were sending letters to try and sway voters in England for some kind of election. I'm sure people would get upset and recognize it as stupid, which it would be.

OMG, you have no idea!
Remember what they did with U571?
http://www.thisisbradford.co.uk/bra...17/news2RM.html

They held special meetings in Parliament! laughing out loud

British drama queens!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 04:31 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

Persoanlly I think they had every right to do so, I mean you don't like it then don't bother reading it, like another piece of junk mail, and the Kerry government should just inform people they had nothing to do about it.

Stop bitching and moaning because someone offers advice about your elections, because of the media this election is so public it's worldwide, I'd be suprised if people didn't do something like this.

If you don't like other people sticking their nose into your business, learn to keep yours out.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 04:34 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Those Ohioan hillbilly's should sell those letters on EBAY!
They're infamou$ now!

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 04:47 AM
BackFire

Again, no one is saying they don't have the RIGHT to do it, just that it is tacky and pointless.

No one asked for their advice, no one cares about their advice, this is our countries election and Englad has absolutely nothing to do with it. They may like to think they do, but they do not. They can write letters all they want, it's just stupid to do so considering no one will listen to any letters from some british people having to do with our election. Would people in Canada listen to some American citizens who decided to write to undecided canadian voters over some election in Canada? Doubtful, if Americans did this to any other country they'd get hell.

You act as if the citizens who are recieving these letters are personally getting into other peoples business. It's not the citizens who are getting their mailboxes filled with these bullshit telegrams who decided to go to war or bring England into said war, it was the government who decided to "stick our nose in other peoples business". The citizens who got these tacky letters had nothing to do with it.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 04:58 AM
yerssot

BF... the US election isn't a private bussiness anymore, the election has huge consequences for the rest of the world... see the war in Iraq as prime example.

And I think everyone agrees that if you don't like the letter, you don't read it

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 08:49 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Abbita

people actually read The Guardian?!? laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 12:08 PM
Abbita is currently offline Click here to Send Abbita a Private Message Find more posts by Abbita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

I buy the Guardian every day - but this ranks as a majorly dumb idea. Promote political reform as much as is possible by all means - but targeting individual "foreign" voters is not only doomed to backlash but is also questionable from a moral standpoint.

Besides, they are Lamericans - when did they ever listen to anyone?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 12:50 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

quote:

No one asked for their advice, no one cares about their advice, this is our countries election and Englad has absolutely nothing to do with it. They may like to think they do, but they do not. They can write letters all they want, it's just stupid to do so considering no one will listen to any letters from some british people having to do with our election. Would people in Canada listen to some American citizens who decided to write to undecided canadian voters over some election in Canada? Doubtful, if Americans did this to any other country they'd get hell.

If Americans even knew when the Candian elections were, I'd be dumbfounded roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 07:36 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

As would I, that's why it was hypothetical.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 07:56 PM
silver_tears

And if they gave the time to even consider the options and make a decision I'd follow their advice laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 21st, 2004 08:01 PM