KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Stars & Celebrities » Jean-Claud Van Damme

Jean-Claud Van Damme
Started by: Smallville

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

Jean-Claud Van Damme

One of the most underrated Actors.

He is so bad that you cannot help but like him. Some friends and I made a JCVDTV night where we would watch movies like Bloodsport, Lionheart, Knock Off and, my personal favorite, Street Fighter.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2004 08:00 AM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

Indeed I've always found his acting to be so incredibly cheesy and wooden and sure he knows his moves but why prove the point that he can do the splits in every film?

Saying that Bloodsport is an all time fav!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2004 04:07 PM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

he's terrible to say the least

Old Post Mar 7th, 2004 04:08 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

yes

Well no actually I beg to differ. I would say he's terrible to say the best!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2004 04:11 PM
Baylin is currently offline Click here to Send Baylin a Private Message Find more posts by Baylin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

well, you could talk about his accent, his bad acting, his big ego about his moves, ...

Old Post Mar 7th, 2004 04:12 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Baylin
Back in story!

I'd rather not... no expression

Old Post Mar 7th, 2004 04:13 PM
yerssot

cause it's too scary to think of

Old Post Mar 7th, 2004 04:15 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

He's certainly not underrated. The "Muscles from Brussels" is like an Americanized version of Jackie Chan that typecasts himself in nothing but martial arts movies.

I don't think he's had a real big movie since "Cyborg". Soon after, he had a huge drug problem that pretty much ended his career, until he came back to do a shitload of straight to video movies.

That said, "Bloodsport" is one of my favorite movies of all time, and I am pretty sure my friend and I can quote it word for word.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2004 04:36 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

that's sad cinemaddiction stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 7th, 2004 04:38 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Not really, it's just extremely quotable.

"You lose, American *******."

"You..are NEXT!"

"Time to seperate the men from the boys."

"You break my record, now I break you, like I break your friend!"

Ahhhh..memories.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2004 04:53 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

"OKAY, U.S.A!"

Old Post Mar 7th, 2004 09:36 PM
Smallville is currently offline Click here to Send Smallville a Private Message Find more posts by Smallville Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ANGELIQUE

I LIKE JEAN-CLAUD VAN DAMME

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 07:28 PM
ANGELIQUE is currently offline Click here to Send ANGELIQUE a Private Message Find more posts by ANGELIQUE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@F1
Tomato Crisps

When he first came on the scene i thought wow! but the problem was he never changed, his movies where all the same. It was like kick hold that , then punch stop slow mo, very robotic , watch hong action movies they beat western movies any day, Jackie Chan is far superior to JCVD
maybe not so much now but in the 80's he was the best
Plus JC never took coke

Old Post Mar 10th, 2004 07:47 PM
@F1 is currently offline Click here to Send @F1 a Private Message Find more posts by @F1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

I agree with some of u, Bloodsport was his best work and i realy like Cyborg, Universal Soldier but then he became a has been, he should stop makin stupi straight to video movies!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2004 03:55 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

or jus stop ... PERIOD ..

Old Post Mar 11th, 2004 05:18 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lil Seraph

yeah Jackie Chan n Jet Li are the BOMB! They're heaps kool. Im into martial arts n im learning Parkour which was invented by David Belle in France. Its awesome. Anyway i'd just like to say JCVD is a really crappy ass actor. He sux ass crack. He was also a Ballet dancer before he started makin cheesy ass movies so thats y he's always doin the splits n crap.

"Hilary Duff eek!, Kirsten Kreuk, Christina Milian, Natalie Portman, and Keira Knightly are the Hottest!" - Lil Seraph

Old Post Mar 11th, 2004 11:32 AM
Lil Seraph is currently offline Click here to Send Lil Seraph a Private Message Find more posts by Lil Seraph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evy_O
don't let go

The guy sucks yes

shallow me, then spit me out
for hating you I blame myself
seeing you it kills me now
no, I don't cry on the outside anymore...

Old Post Mar 11th, 2004 11:57 AM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

A valid point... especially with your reasoning.

No, my point is where are the Jean-Claud Van Dammes now? Where are the Arnolds? Where are the Sly's? There ARE still here, but not how I remember them.

I want the action flick where the hero makes a sarcastic, cheesy line after he does something.

In Street Fighter, and JC kicked Raul Julia into a TV, he yelled "your off the air." Classic!

Old Post Mar 11th, 2004 01:50 PM
Smallville
Last Son of Krypton

I miss this thread. JC is still hilarious. But, more or less, because he has those really cheesy lines and he couldn;t act his way out of a wet paper bag.

It is like all of the 'B' class Video Game based movies like 'Mario Bros.,' and Double Dragon. (The Dragon Wagon, YES!) They are so terrible that I can't help but own them for a cheap laugh.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 04:06 AM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

his early movies rocked: lionheart, cyborg, universal soldier, the one where he plays chad and alex the brothers.....
but his late work has blown big time.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 11:03 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote