KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Review: The Incredibles

Review: The Incredibles
Started by: Cinemaddiction

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
forumcrew

just saw it, thought it was very very good...

i remember one line that was very adult humor but i cant remember what it was i think it was win elastigirl was getting all the new costumes.. does anyone have any idea what im talking about

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 06:53 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Can't this weekend I'm to sick.

Hope you get better soon.

As for Finding Nemo, absolutely loved it. So if this is better, good good!!

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 02:25 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: i also loved that mr incredible showed his darkness when he was choking the sh!t out of mirage. very uncharacteristic of a cartoon superhero. and it also amazed me how the emotions of mr incredible just oozed out of the screen when he found out his family died from the plane crash. excellent animation, excellent voice over.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 09:24 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

Just got back. Great movie, one of the best of the year. Everything about it was just done to perfection. The animation alone was well worth it, how they put life and the little touches into every character blew me away. This movie comes just about as close to a perfect movie for any age as you can get.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 11:16 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

This movie is the best. It will be one of the movies that remain close to my heart for all times, just like Monsters Inc.

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Nov 13th, 2004 01:52 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

I watched this movie tonight and am convinced like cine that pixar can do no wrong and this is their jewel in there crown! I was so entertained and amused and in complete awe of the animation I can't imagine who could not like this movie!

also I had no idea the epIII trailer was showing with it and I am not huge fan of the new star wars movies, but I quite literally was like "holy sh*t!!* the trailer was so thrilling I couldn't believe it!

Old Post Nov 14th, 2004 07:07 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sing my song
sing me a tune of love

i just got back from it and it was the best animated file i had ever seen!!!!!!!!!! i hope there alot of occers anominatons fro this one...and alot of winingis tooo...oh and this moring on the raido that they are thinking about puting this file in "best picture" there has only been one other animated fime ever and its from disney...can u guess?

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 04:20 AM
sing my song is currently offline Click here to Send sing my song a Private Message Find more posts by sing my song Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

Nice to find we agree about this CA.

Dear lord what a film. The producers of James Dond should hang a collective head in shame - if an animated feature can out bond bond then they are way off track.

Know why I prefer Pixar to Dreamworks? Because, unlike Shrek, Pixar dont feel the need to do kids joke / adult joke / kids joke. They just do what they do at the level of sophistication they want (this time, pretty damn sophisticated) and you either buy into it or not.

No "knowing pop cuture references" - its all self- referential and affectionate: Less parody, more homage.

Iron Giant is a real fave of mine, it felt like a throwback to the grand old days of Disney: So I expected great things of The Incredibles - but I didn't expect anything quite that good. The first real Independent Pixar feature - I see good times ahead for us kids.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2004 04:10 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Bravo. thumb up

Old Post Nov 26th, 2004 04:44 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Zero
Nice to find we agree about this CA.

Dear lord what a film. The producers of James Dond should hang a collective head in shame - if an animated feature can out bond bond then they are way off track.

Know why I prefer Pixar to Dreamworks? Because, unlike Shrek, Pixar dont feel the need to do kids joke / adult joke / kids joke. They just do what they do at the level of sophistication they want (this time, pretty damn sophisticated) and you either buy into it or not.

No "knowing pop cuture references" - its all self- referential and affectionate: Less parody, more homage.

Iron Giant is a real fave of mine, it felt like a throwback to the grand old days of Disney: So I expected great things of The Incredibles - but I didn't expect anything quite that good. The first real Independent Pixar feature - I see good times ahead for us kids.
yay! very well spoken Z cakes!! Im so glad you liked the movie as much as I did!

after seeing the incredibles I went and got the iron giant because of Brad Bird ,I read a article about him and that movie kept coming up as one of his major feats..and I loved it!

Old Post Nov 26th, 2004 10:01 PM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emma718
posthuman

it hasn't yet come out in Australuia yet, i think it comes out Boxing Day

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 04:11 AM
Emma718 is currently offline Click here to Send Emma718 a Private Message Find more posts by Emma718 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

quote:
Originally posted by justinday15
I just want to see it because i heard theres an Episode III preview.

just search it on google. roll eyes (sarcastic)

but i thought the movie was very good and entertaining. 9/10

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 05:03 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

From an interview with the director of Fantastic 4:

"I'm the biggest Pixar nut in the world, and I can't freaking wait to see it," Story says. "But some of the powers are very similar, and I don't want the public to think we took elements of The Incredibles when it's the other way around."

P.S. By the way, if this movie is successful, what will they call the second one, Fantastic 4 2,lol. I guess they'll just have to think of a subtitle to go with each movie they do after the first, sucks for them.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2004 06:26 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

This movie was great. The CGI was awesome, definetly the best so far in a movie.

Now, I loved Finding Nemo, but I liked this even better. The whole story was hot, and there were jokes and content in the movie that weren't exactly for a young age... Awesome for an animated movie. This is definetly one of my favorites of the year.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2004 03:35 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

Im actually suprised, the first review I read for this movie said it was bad confused
Will have to go see and investigate big grin

Old Post Nov 28th, 2004 03:47 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
From an interview with the director of Fantastic 4:

"But some of the powers are very similar, and I don't want the public to think we took elements of The Incredibles when it's the other way around."

P.S. By the way, if this movie is successful, what will they call the second one, Fantastic 4 2,lol. I guess they'll just have to think of a subtitle to go with each movie they do after the first, sucks for them.

One power..ONE..is similar, in Elastigirl, which supports the opinion that people looking to make this ****ing ridiculous correlation are doing just that. Going out of their way to bring one film down.

The second will be along the lines of "The Incredibles 2", or "Return of the Incredibles", etc. There's plenty to distinguish "The Incredibles" and "Fantastic Four", aside from the obvious.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2004 04:10 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
V@LL3jOk!D707

How about Violet and Invisable Woman?

Old Post Nov 28th, 2004 05:34 AM
V@LL3jOk!D707 is currently offline Click here to Send V@LL3jOk!D707 a Private Message Find more posts by V@LL3jOk!D707 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

There have been TONS of superheros with invisiblity as their super power.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2004 05:47 AM
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

Not forgetting that The Fantastic 4's Mr Fantastic "borrowed" his bendy power from Jack Coles legendary Plastic man from the 1940's & also Predating Sue Storm by 20 years was Invisible Scarlett O'Neil by Russell Stamm.

Oh I'm such a nerd. Kill me.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2004 03:25 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
One power..ONE..is similar, in Elastigirl, which supports the opinion that people looking to make this ****ing ridiculous correlation are doing just that. Going out of their way to bring one film down.

The second will be along the lines of "The Incredibles 2", or "Return of the Incredibles", etc. There's plenty to distinguish "The Incredibles" and "Fantastic Four", aside from the obvious.

I wasn't talking about "The Incredibles" sequel. I was talking about "Fantastic 4" sequels. That's why I used the examples: "Fantastic 4 2"

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 05:47 AM