KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Bucky vs. Robin

Bucky vs. Robin
Started by: nomsans

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arsenal

quote:
who are you? bon jovi? robins dresses like a pansy so the darkness won´t consume him, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. he should worry, maybe he will be consumed by other things if he continues dressing like that.

ROFL laughing

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 11:33 AM
Arsenal is currently offline Click here to Send Arsenal a Private Message Find more posts by Arsenal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

quote:
Originally posted by norrin radd
who are you? bon jovi?

robins dresses like a pansy so the darkness won´t consume him, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. he should worry, maybe he will be consumed by other things if he continues dressing like that.

a good robin suit, is the one of jason in the hush stories, awesome Jim lee. (i know its not really jason, but you know what i mean)

@#$% Bon Jovi.

Batman picked Robin's costume.

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 12:18 PM
MERCILOUS is currently offline Click here to Send MERCILOUS a Private Message Find more posts by MERCILOUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenal

quote:

It's hard to imagine Bruce picking out a gay little costume like that. He must have been drunk and couldn't get a refund.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 08:07 PM
Arsenal is currently offline Click here to Send Arsenal a Private Message Find more posts by Arsenal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Under Claremont and most of the Claremont wannabe's after the original himself, the X-Men sat in a big pool of still water. Stagnation was the basic theme for their stories. I was glad Morrison took over, especially when I saw his stories would not be about the regular static X-Crap. He changed the status quo and reminded us that these characters can change and be interesting once more. These days Claremont is doing some more droll Hellfire Club crap, and some stuff about Genosha that no one cares about.

However, it is within human nature to agree and disagree. Opinions make life interesting. I've disagreed with Mercilous all over the place in the BP and Batman thread, but I agree with him on Morrison. Whereas it's the opposite with you, Nathaniel. It all has to do with the vantage point.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 08:10 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

quote:
Originally posted by MERCILOUS

Robin picked his own costume. It's based on his circus costume.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 08:16 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Capt.JK
Slingin' Shield since '69

I know I should be pulling for Bucky in this one (check my I.D.), but I gotta go with Robin. They both basically suck and probably never should have happened (they were only created in the first place in a totally off-the-mark attempt by the 2 companies to appeal to younger readers by slapping 2 of their biggest sellers with children-aged "side-kicks"). But anyway, Robin's got better toys, and he's still alive, so I give the win to him.

"The only guide to a man is his conscience... with this shield, however fates may play, we march always in the ranks of honor."

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 08:37 PM
Capt.JK is currently offline Click here to Send Capt.JK a Private Message Find more posts by Capt.JK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

I enjoy all of these conjectural debates. It's more than healthy to agree or disagree with those around you. Hell, most people here allow me to view characters in ways that I previously wouldn't have. But as far as Morrison, yes he did breath some life into the X-Men though I don't really appreciate what he's done. I don't like the avenues he's traveled and the stories he's attempted to create ex; ( Here Comes Tomorrow ). The whole issues going on with the rebellious Mutant teens within the Xavier school( Riot at Xaviers ), it was just flaccid to me. He just seemed to go along with the movies hype and turn everything against the grain of what the X-Men represented to me. Look at BEAST...Look at the relationship between Emma and Scott and Magneto? It just didn't grab me. I stopped collecting X-Men comics continuously because of the writing and art. And don't get me started on Austen. He flat out CRUSHED Nightcrawler and gave him a sh*tty origin.

Anyway, Dick Grayson, Jason Todd (corpse) and Tim Drake vs. Bucky's corpse. Seems fair to me. Heh.

"I want to save the world and I have the power to do it." -- Cable.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 08:51 PM
Nathaniel Grey is currently offline Click here to Send Nathaniel Grey a Private Message Find more posts by Nathaniel Grey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

quote:
Originally posted by Gregory
Robin picked his own costume. It's based on his circus costume.

exactly

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 09:02 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

There have been a few Bucky's actually.

Bucky I - James Buchanan Barnes, side kick to Cap in WW2.
Bucky II - Fred Davis, a friend of the original who teamed up with Cap II (originall Spirit of '76) after WW2 and served in the All-Winners Squad
Bucky III - Jack Monroe, he took the super soldier serum along with some othe guy who became a Captain America, both vehement anti-communists. He was put on ice as the serum was not stable and drove him insane slowly. He was fixed and thawed out, hanging out with Rogers for awhile and later taking the name Nomad.
Bucky IV - Rick Jones. Unwilling creator of the Hulk, he who first called together the Avengers and the atomically bonded friend of Mar-Vell (and later Genis-Vell). He became Bucky and hung out with Cap for awhile after he was unfrozen. Later he ditched the gig, thinking it was kind of weird being dressed up in your partner's old side-kick's clothes.
Bucky V - Lemar Hoskins, a pal of USAgent's who took the super soldier serum and hung out with a couple other guys (who later became Right and Left Winger) he now hangs out with Silver Sable's mercenary unit going by the name Battlestar.
Bucky VI - The femme Bucky from Counter Earth who served with Cap on his jaunt over there after the Onslaught crap.

Just for sheer numbers, I think they can take out the Robin's (Nightwing, Todd, Drake and Spoiler--the much maligned female Robin)

Nathaniel, I agree that they saddled Morrison with some HORRIBLE artists, and some of his arcs weren't exactly fantastic, but everything was pretty good overall, IMO. Austen does suck. A lot. He has some great ideas, then he has horrible execution. I though Azazeal and the biblical mutants were kind of cool. I thought it was retarded how he made him Nightcrawler's father and just generally handed the entire thing like crap. They also saddled him with horrible art. Kia Asimaya and Philip Tan's art is just yuck. Look at me, I draw massive noses and my characters are only distinguisable by the fact that one has an 18 foot wingspan and one is a blue guy with a tail!.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 10:13 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

ROFLMAO!!!

"I want to save the world and I have the power to do it." -- Cable.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 11:29 PM
Nathaniel Grey is currently offline Click here to Send Nathaniel Grey a Private Message Find more posts by Nathaniel Grey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

Add Robin 3000 to the list. And is Spoiler Cat-Girl from DK2? If not add her too as she was Robin in DK1. That'll make the numbers closer.

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 10:52 AM
MERCILOUS is currently offline Click here to Send MERCILOUS a Private Message Find more posts by MERCILOUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BENITO
Perfect Rolemodel 4 N00bs

Robin
what is the thing about Bucky and Battlestar they seem to have some connection

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 02:01 PM
BENITO is currently offline Click here to Send BENITO a Private Message Find more posts by BENITO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StrawNilla

Meh, if I was angry enough I'd destroy both these guys in a fight.

And with a weopon, well, let's just hope their writers give them a big boost in durability for THAT issue.

Thanks for the sig TWelling4ever, go on, take a bow!

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 10:40 PM
StrawNilla is currently offline Click here to Send StrawNilla a Private Message Find more posts by StrawNilla Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Battlestar went by the name Bucky for awhile when John Walker was Captain America. My mistake in the previous entry, Battlestar did not take a super soldier serum, he just has the same strength and ability enhancements that Walker has, both recieved from the Power Broker.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 03:23 AM
RobWolf27

Robin wins this one

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 11:07 AM
RobWolf27 is currently offline Click here to Send RobWolf27 a Private Message Find more posts by RobWolf27 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BENITO
Perfect Rolemodel 4 N00bs

ok how come all the Buckys are white but battlestar is Black.
not being racist.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2005 04:22 PM
BENITO is currently offline Click here to Send BENITO a Private Message Find more posts by BENITO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote