KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » Who do you think is the best American football player ever?

Who do you think is the best American football player ever?
Started by: Wizardkid233

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wizardkid233

Who do you think is the best football player ever?

Tell who you think the best football player ever is.

I think that John Elway is the QB ever. but however he dose have alot of contenders.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2004 05:04 AM
Wizardkid233 is currently offline Click here to Send Wizardkid233 a Private Message Find more posts by Wizardkid233 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

football?? as in GOO Patriots!!!

or Football as in Manchester United, or David Beckham

Old Post Dec 11th, 2004 05:06 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wizardkid233

Yea Patriots are the best team

Old Post Dec 11th, 2004 05:08 AM
Wizardkid233 is currently offline Click here to Send Wizardkid233 a Private Message Find more posts by Wizardkid233 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

Either Bret Farve or Emit Smith

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Dec 11th, 2004 05:18 AM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

yea we need a position.. and if your talkin QB i love bret farve and hes maybe top 5 but not the best..

hello montana, unitas? they rule farve and Elway.. by the end of mannings carear he could prove to be at the top of the list

Old Post Dec 11th, 2004 06:32 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
baracustastic
I aint gettin on no plane

Diego Maradona undoubtedly had the most natural talent, but Pele had more upstairs to go with his talent, and so is the best footballer ever.

The best soccer player? I dunno, only started watching it a coupla years ago. From what I've seen I reckon Brett Favre.

Americans add throwing, pads, alter the length of the game etc, i.e. change it completely yet still call it football.

Then they call the original soccer, and expect the rest of the world to adopt this bastard name. Pish.

From hence forth American football shall be known as "soccer." by me.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2004 03:16 AM
baracustastic is currently offline Click here to Send baracustastic a Private Message Find more posts by baracustastic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
G.P
living bank advertisement

quote:
Originally posted by baracustastic
Diego Maradona undoubtedly had the most natural talent, but Pele had more upstairs to go with his talent, and so is the best footballer ever.

The best soccer player? I dunno, only started watching it a coupla years ago. From what I've seen I reckon Brett Favre.

This thread is not about soccer smile

Greatest Soccer player of all time

Yes I know this is kinda confusing.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2004 04:02 PM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

That's why we can refer to it as NFL or American Football.

QB--Joe Montana. He had three Super Bowl MVPs, and in the one where he wasn't MVP, he led his team 90 yards to the winning score. Though you may say he is just a system quarterback, no one was more successful than him.

RB--Jim Brown. As much as I love Barry Sanders, Jim Brown was just the best. He left early with all the records--the amazing numbers he put up were in 12 and 14 game seasons.

WR--Don Maynard. It is extremely close between him and Jerry Rice's. Don Maynard's stats were even higher than his contemporaries than Rice's are today. Just look at his stats compared to his fellow Hall of Famers, it is staggering, especially in an era where the rules weren't as tilted towards offense as they are today.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2004 01:52 AM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
baracustastic
I aint gettin on no plane

The original title of the thread was.........

Now some buttmonkey changed the thread title, leading said buttmonkey to make a post ripping into my good self.

Might I suggest that if you want to talk about AMERICAN football, you call it AMERICAN football in the title of the thread.

Americans add throwing, pads, alter the length of the game etc, i.e. change it completely yet still call it football.

Then they call the original soccer, and expect the rest of the world to adopt this bastard name. Pish.

From hence forth American football shall be known as "soccer." by me.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2004 03:50 AM
baracustastic is currently offline Click here to Send baracustastic a Private Message Find more posts by baracustastic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
G.P
living bank advertisement

quote:
Originally posted by baracustastic
The original title of the thread was.........

Now some buttmonkey changed the thread title, leading said buttmonkey to make a post ripping into my good self.

Might I suggest that if you want to talk about AMERICAN football, you call it AMERICAN football in the title of the thread.
Now the so-called buttmonkey says that he's not criticizing or mocking you. He admitted that the title was confusing and changed it thatnks to you, because you did show it was confusing.
He adds you shouldn't feel as if you were attacked or bashed. He didn't use any sarcasm. And he thinks there is actually no problem here.

If you think there is, don't hesitate to PM him.

Last edited by G.P on Dec 15th, 2004 at 12:06 AM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2004 10:51 PM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

payton manning, andre johnson,brett favre.. and david carr will get good someday

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 08:40 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pantera
< insert random comment >

Payton Manning is tied for the record of most touchdown passes in a single game so I say him along with Brett Farve, and some of the retired QBs

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 09:47 PM
Pantera is currently offline Click here to Send Pantera a Private Message Find more posts by Pantera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

First of all, anyone coming into a thread about football and seeing the names of Brett Favre and John Elway, and STILL thinks this is about soccer has more imporant personal issues than soccer to deal with.

Now to the question, I think for their times Jim Brown and Johnny Unitas were legends. I was born in 1975, so when I was growing up Joe Montana, Roger Craig, Dan Marino, and Marcus Allen were tearing it up.

I think Joe Montana was one of the greatest, not because he put up great statistics with great talent around him, but because he was so cool, so collected when the games mattered. Albeit playoffs or Super Bowl, when the guy dropped back to pass everyone knew it had a kickass chance of doing some damage.

Nowadays, I look at Peyton Manning and what he is doing is remarkable, but I'd (along with the media, I guess) like to see if he can perform at that level until late into the night on February the 6th. I'm not a Colts fan by any means, but I wouldn't put him as one of the greatest until that happens, whenever it may be.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 06:42 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

Ray Lewis.

I've never seen one man take over an entire defense the way he did the year he got the MVP. He was in on almost every tackle, he broke up passes and is a great leader for his team.

Offense gets the glory, but defense wins championships.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 07:02 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Ray Lewis has lost a step, but the MVP year was something else.
For instance, he's already been taken out and flattened on his backside by Steelers FB Dan Kreider on a few one-on-one battles this year. But Lewis is still a great player.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 07:08 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious

I never ever saw the fullback from the steelers flatback Ray Lewis one-on-one. That would have been pointed out on Sportscenter and on NFL Tonight.

All Ray needs to do is go kill someone and his performance will pick back up.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 07:23 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
I never ever saw the fullback from the steelers flatback Ray Lewis one-on-one. That would have been pointed out on Sportscenter and on NFL Tonight.

If you were a Steelers fan you would have seen it from the replay from re-watching the game in week 2 that you taped on the VCR! big grin

It may have been on Sportscenter, but I don't think it qualified as Sporting newsflash of the year or anything like that.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 08:00 PM
Linkalicious

nah, i just figured that a talk show like NFL Live or one of the shows on ESPN would have done coverage with spot shadows and stuff.

So what makes you a Steelers fan?

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 08:31 PM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

I was born 1975, sandwiched between Super Bowl IX and X wins. Then they won XIII and XIV when I was three or four. I visit there about once a year and go to a game. Just went to the 16-7 win over Redskins.
I'm a pretty realistic Steelers fan. If we're losing I'll admit it but if we're winning I can't stop talking about the wins.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2004 12:27 PM
jinXed by JaNx

This is a hard question to answer. Alot has changed in football over the years. Twenty years ago, you oculd do pretty much what you wanted to, to the wide recievers, as long as you werent blatant with it. Today, you cant even sneeze on a wide reciever. Rules, condtioning, and speed of the game has changed alot over the years.

as for quarter back i owuld have to say either Ben roethlisberger LOL just kidding. seriously joe montana is probably the best at what he did.

Wide reciever, Jerry rice

running back...I would have to say barry Sanders, his numbers may not be the best, but he did play with a terrible losing team for how many years, and he also gave it up early on in his career.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 09:44 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote