KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Should we fear god?

Fearing god!
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes we should fear him. 15 45.45%
No I do not fear him. 12 36.36%
I have no idea 4 12.12%
I argee and disargee! 2 6.06%
Total: 33 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Should we fear god?
Started by: Jackie Malfoy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheThirst
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's somebody's daughter

Old Post Aug 10th, 2021 07:21 PM
TheThirst is currently offline Click here to Send TheThirst a Private Message Find more posts by TheThirst Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stigma
Just looked at the OP title. I'd say yes, there is a good reason to be affraid if you are evil.

The thing is, God has a much broader idea of what evil is than we do.

All sin is evil in His eyes and we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Only Jesus Christ is sinless (the pope, the saints, and Mary are not despite what roman catholics think; in fact, I'd say the pope is downright evil, especially Francis).

Everyone should fear the Lamb who will become the Lion at the second coming. Just merely loving Him is a mistake. Everyone should fear Him, including those of us who think "well, we're good people for the most part."

Even those of us who're actually saved should fear Him because although our Salvation is guaranteed thru the blood of Jesus Christ we can still be punished by God while we're still on earth if we continue to keep sinning willfully without even making a genuine effort to stop.

We are His spiritual children and He is our spiritual Father. Like any Father, sometimes He has to discipline and chastise His children when they continue to do wrong repeatedly.

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Aug 20th, 2021 at 11:33 PM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2021 11:27 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae

All sin is evil in His eyes and we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Only Jesus Christ is sinless (the pope, the saints, and Mary are not despite what roman catholics think; in fact, I'd say the pope is downright evil, especially Francis).

Everyone should fear the Lamb who will become the Lion at the second coming. Just merely loving Him is a mistake. Everyone should fear Him, including those of us who think "well, we're good people for the most part."

Even those of us who're actually saved should fear Him because although our Salvation is guaranteed thru the blood of Jesus Christ we can still be punished by God while we're still on earth if we continue to keep sinning willfully without even making a genuine effort to stop.

We are His spiritual children and He is our spiritual Father. Like any Father, sometimes He has to discipline and chastise His children when they continue to do wrong repeatedly.
you should fear God, I shouldn't.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2021 10:14 AM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

All sin is evil in His eyes and we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Only Jesus Christ is sinless

thumb up thumb up thumb up

in fact, I'd say the pope is downright evil, especially Francis).

There is a considerable criticism among Catholics and Catholic hierarchy of Francis. Some very severe. This cirticism is mostly correct imho.

The problem lies within a large chunk of ecclesiastical hierachy and laity and their liberal approach to faith and tradition.

But this is not a surprise. Matthew 7.21: "“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven."

should fear the Lamb who will become the Lion at the second coming. Just merely loving Him is a mistake. Everyone should fear Him, including those of us who think "well, we're good people for the most part."

Agreed.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2021 02:58 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Omfg, god won’t let me into heaven, show me the way daddy, you fat nob head. no expression

Last Edited by Blakemore on Jan 1st, 2000, at 00:00 AM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2021 01:06 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, we get it... you hate the concept of God and Christianity.

B*tching and whining about it isn't gonna make us believers abandon our faith so why waste your time, troll?

Paleontologists have tried to turn Archaeopteryx into an earth bound feathered dinosaur. But it is not. It is a bird, a perching bird. And no amount of 'paleobabble' is going to change that.-- Alan Feduccia-a world authority on birds, quoted in "Archaeopteryx:Early Bird Catches a Can of Worms," Science 1994, p.764-765

Old Post Aug 24th, 2021 01:26 PM
eThneoLgrRnae is currently offline Click here to Send eThneoLgrRnae a Private Message Find more posts by eThneoLgrRnae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
you should fear God, I shouldn't.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2021 01:26 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Stigma
The problem lies within a large chunk of ecclesiastical hierachy and laity and their liberal approach to faith and tradition.

But this is not a surprise. Matthew 7.21: "“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven."

Don't know why two are agreeing with each other, when you're clearly contradicting each other on the point of Salvation.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2021 01:28 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, we get it... you hate the concept of God and Christianity.

B*tching and whining about it isn't gonna make us believers abandon our faith so why waste your time, troll?
so you’re broken beyond repair……

Old Post Aug 24th, 2021 01:29 PM
Blakemore is currently offline Click here to Send Blakemore a Private Message Find more posts by Blakemore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

What are you talking about, drunkard?

Broken? Wtf?!

Nah, I'm totally fine, idiot.

I think you may be broken though.

You have a major chip on your shoulder towards anyone who believes in God.

So very pathetic.... and sad. sad

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Aug 24th, 2021 at 01:33 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2021 01:31 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don’t have imaginary friends lol 😂

Old Post Aug 24th, 2021 01:36 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

*sigh*

No, you're just an idiot who thinks the universe made itself from nothing lol.... even more hilarious, you actually call it "science." laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing

Old Post Aug 24th, 2021 01:43 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don’t believe the universe came from nothing. I mean, take your position that it came from an undefinable god that came from nothing? I don’t see much difference other than the latter case applying some kind of authority to our existence, which is slavery.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2021 01:51 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, you do. If you believe in the big bang then you most certainly do no matter how much you wanna deny it.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2021 01:53 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don’t believe in the Big Bang theory.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2021 02:30 PM
StyleTime

*sigh*

No, you're just an idiot who thinks the universe made itself from nothing lol.... even more hilarious, you actually call it "science." laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing

Well, good to see you still don't understand the science you claim to argue against.

Big Bang Theory, for the millionth time, doesn't state that everything came from nothing.

Everything was already there, compressed into a super dense, super hot state. The "Big Bang" is the rapid expansion of everything from that early form.

Although, I'm sure you'll just call me one of Satan's minions again, instead of listening.

Last edited by StyleTime on Aug 24th, 2021 at 04:53 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2021 04:41 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

It’s known as the great expansion period, not the “Big Bang”

Jeez, the theory states that everything existed before the singularity. Then it expanded. Makes sense.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2021 05:27 PM
eThneoLgrRnae
Restricted

Account Restricted

The big bang, abiogenesis, and darwinian macroevolution all violate established and unbreakable laws of science. If you believe any of them are actually scientific then you're a science denier, plain and simple.

Last edited by eThneoLgrRnae on Aug 24th, 2021 at 11:29 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2021 11:18 PM
Blakemore
Restricted

Account Restricted

It’s provable with physics lol 😝

Old Post Aug 24th, 2021 11:37 PM
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

The big bang, abiogenesis, and darwinian macroevolution all violate established and unbreakable laws of science. If you believe any of them are actually scientific then you're a science denier, plain and simple.
nutty

Old Post Aug 24th, 2021 11:38 PM