KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » is 'GOD' a bad guy.

is 'GOD' a bad guy.
Started by: eleveninches

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bardock42

sounds less fun then crucifixion why didn't Jesus get that done to him?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 06:40 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

quote:
Originally posted by Bardock42
I don't want to ****ing live after I am dead I want to be dead. And Crucifixion is surely not the worst death and jesus is not the only one who died from it either.
I'd rather go to heaven.. that sounds a hell of a lot better than just dieing. I don't believe in heaven.. so it's all just a fantasy to me.. but if it existed you bet your ass I'd want to go. And jesus wasn't the only one to be crucified.. but I think being God's son might have played a role in the significance of his crucifixion. I still think it's funny how some long haired hippy guy claimed to be God's son 2000 years ago and people are still talking about it today. Jesus was one of two things: 1) God's son 2) a really good con artist.

Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

no parties in heaven

finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

well I'd rathet go to heaven too sounds like fun, but since I would never be accepted I rather die then life for 1000 yeards with some demons somewhere.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 06:42 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

quote:
Because that would be pointless.. Jesus was already insane.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 06:43 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 06:44 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

oh indeed I forgot about that.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 06:44 PM
mega punk1235
inuyasha lover

i agree but..........

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
Why would god be a bad guy?The devil is the one that is bad.God is supose to be good.Where do you guys get your facts?JM
iagree but god is making my life a living breathing hell or the devil plu things like this will open more and more qeustions like what happened with b2k or s*** like that

Attachment: animatedgif6.gif
This has been downloaded 44 time(s).

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 10:49 PM
mega punk1235 is currently offline Click here to Send mega punk1235 a Private Message Find more posts by mega punk1235 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
Why would god be a bad guy?The devil is the one that is bad.God is supose to be good.Where do you guys get your facts?JM

I get mine from the Bible... and the books that used to be in the Bible until the church got rid of them....

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 11:18 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

Talking of the Bible, lets see what it says about Heaven and Hell.... Well, it turns out that heaven is standing for eternity telling God how great he is, and enjoying it, and Hell is... well, sorry guys, but according to the Bible there is no eternal damnation in hellfire, or purgatory... if you repent, its praise God time, if not, then you cease to exist, and God uses his omnipotence to make it so that you never existed in the first place... Hell as a place of suffering is a foreign idea, adopted into Christianity for political reasons...

On the subject of repentance.... according to the bible, a multiple rapist who repents gets the eternal life and praise god bit... but someone who does good work all their life, steals a candy bar at age five and never repents of it, gets the ceasing to exist.... one reason I'm no longer a Christian...

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 11:29 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

It said this in the bible?That is very hard to believe.Since god to the relionish people have god as there savor.So why would they say he is a bad guy.
It makes no sence what so ever guys!JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 11:32 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

quote:
Yeah I bet the Devil was a Guy who liked humanity and wanted to stop god from being an ******* so he rebeled against him, and God , as the sick **** he is, told everyone that actually the Devil is the bad one, and not htat his sadist ideas are actually what causes everything bad on earth.

Interestingly enough, the "Devil" is usually associated in Christian mythology with the idea of the Light-Bringer (Luciferos)... a title also given to Christ by the early church... in most cultures, the Light Bringer was seen as a heroic, pro-human figure, opposing anti-human gods.... cf prometheus and Zeus, Ahuru Mazda and Ahriman, etc....

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 11:33 PM
Adam_PoE

quote:
Originally posted by FeceMan
Just because God already knows what you will do does not mean that you don't have a choice. You can choose between white socks and black socks, but God knows what you will choose beforehand--it is not as though He is MAKING you choose black socks, God just knows what you will pick.

Please provide an example of an instance in which God knows everything but it is possible for one to do the opposite of what God knows he will do.

Or if you prefer, please reconcile how an omnibenevolent God can create an individual with the foreknowledge that he will go to hell.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 02:20 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:

Trust me, crucifixion was worse. And it was humiliating. The pain would be unbearable, to a level in which death would be a mercy.
quote:
well I'd rathet go to heaven too sounds like fun, but since I would never be accepted I rather die then life for 1000 yeards with some demons somewhere.

You just don't get it, do you? God would not turn you away; there is no reason why you cannot go to heaven. Rather die with demons for 1000 years? Try for eternity. You don't see anything in hell; it is unending agony...and I'm pretty sure demons are not in the business of partying and friendship.
quote:
Please provide an example of an instance in which God knows everything but it is possible for one to do the opposite of what God knows he will do.

This is one of those paradoxical things that I cannot answer yet have puzzled over many times.

"Now, if God knows everything, does He know whether or not I am going to put mustard on my sandwich? What if I am about to put mustard on and then decide against it, did He know that?"

*Shrugs.* I don't know, to be honest. Maybe God rewrites history or something.

quote:
"You're saying Jesus was here 31 years BEFORE he was born?"
"Yeah, he's Jesus, he can do anything."

smile
quote:
Or if you prefer, please reconcile how an omnibenevolent God can create an individual with the foreknowledge that he will go to hell.

It is fair. The individual has the choice to serve God or to side with Satan. God lets the person choose; he or she is free to make his or her decision. To let everyone go to heaven would violate justice and free will. God still loves those who hate Him, and, in the end, He gives them freedom from Him forever.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 03:52 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

quote:
Originally posted by big gay kirk
Interestingly enough, the "Devil" is usually associated in Christian mythology with the idea of the Light-Bringer (Luciferos)... a title also given to Christ by the early church

Also, lucifer has been referred to as the morning star, while jesus claimed to be the evening star, both of which are the same thing.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 10:23 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Why would god punish people first and not just let them stop existing wouldn't that be nicer.
Oh and if he ceases you out of existence so that you actually never existed wouldn't he make some people that maybe liked you lesss happy?

I am not an expert but I am sure crucifixation is not the worst form of deat h there is surely something worse (and whatever, he wasn't the only one dying like that).

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 02:36 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Why would god punish people first and not just let them stop existing wouldn't that be nicer.

There's that little thing called justice. The point is, God is giving you exactly what you wanted in life. Shouldn't you be HAPPY that you won't have to deal with any Christians or God?
quote:
Oh and if he ceases you out of existence so that you actually never existed wouldn't he make some people that maybe liked you lesss happy?

What?
quote:
I am not an expert but I am sure crucifixation is not the worst form of deat h there is surely something worse (and whatever, he wasn't the only one dying like that).

At this I chuckle without mirth. Find me something that was worse than what Jesus suffered and then we can talk about this. You are correct that Jesus was not the only to die by crucifixion, but the process is one of the most excruciating and humiliating experiences.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 04:29 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
A. Find me something that was worse than what Jesus suffered and then we can talk about this.
try being pulled apart by 4 horses

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 04:54 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
try being pulled apart by 4 horses

I don't think so. Crucifixion was worse.

EDIT: Actually, I should say that the entire process LEADING to crucifixion and the crucifixion made it many times worse.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 05:27 PM
finti

quote:
Actually, I should say that the entire process LEADING to crucifixion and the crucifixion made it many times worse.
being nailed to a tree and eaten alive by ants

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 05:43 PM