KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » is 'GOD' a bad guy.

is 'GOD' a bad guy.
Started by: eleveninches

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
What if they changed their minds then, whats the options for them.

Why the hell would they WANT to change their minds? And what does that have to do with this discussion?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2004 04:44 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

he said no one can change their mind after death, since they are dead, you know not existing, that is what finti meant with that.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2004 04:50 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
he said no one can change their mind after death, since they are dead, you know not existing, that is what finti meant with that.

I still do not see the relevance...anyone care to clear this up?

Old Post Dec 21st, 2004 04:52 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
I still do not see the relevance...anyone care to clear this up?
it was aimed at the post that it is too late to change your mind about jesus and god when you are dead, my reply was a joke about what if there was a heaven and a chrisitian wanted to change his mind after he was dead, he 3wanted to go to hell cause iot sounded more fun

Old Post Dec 21st, 2004 04:57 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ Oh. Well, I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't be more fun.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 12:26 AM
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Its an interesting concept, God a villain, and you know what they say, the victor writes the history. Maybe Satan was a noble rebel, trying to over throw some manner of corrupt religious government.....

But a bad guy really. Hmmm. He creates a universe full of evil, but doesn't support it. We assume he could stop it if he wished, but doesn't as it is a part of some bigger picture. Ergo he is a manipulator of Machiavellian magnitude. I don't actually think, if God exists, that he/she/it is evil, but rather morally ambiguous, and as unsatisfying as it sounds, not really bound to our concepts of right and wrong.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 01:53 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DuronKiller
loves you

quote:
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Its an interesting concept, God a villain, and you know what they say, the victor writes the history. Maybe Satan was a noble rebel, trying to over throw some manner of corrupt religious government.....

But a bad guy really. Hmmm. He creates a universe full of evil, but doesn't support it. We assume he could stop it if he wished, but doesn't as it is a part of some bigger picture. Ergo he is a manipulator of Machiavellian magnitude. I don't actually think, if God exists, that he/she/it is evil, but rather morally ambiguous, and as unsatisfying as it sounds, not really bound to our concepts of right and wrong.

interesting thesis smile
well, if god exists i dont think he'd be bound to what we know as right and wrong, either.... but why? what would he relate to when making decisions....? confused

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 06:43 AM
DuronKiller is currently offline Click here to Send DuronKiller a Private Message Find more posts by DuronKiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

quote:
Originally posted by frodo34x
IIRC, Pilate didn't want Jesus to be crucified. Mathew27v15:44 shows this.

the problem is that Matthew was written long after the fact.... history shows that Pilate, far from being the hand washer of matthew, was ruthless and vindictive... however, when the church became centred on Rome anti-Roman elements of the Gospels were watered down... so we have jews screaming for a man to be crucified for religious crimes, and the Roman governor saying, "I'll have none of it..." To have been crucified, the Romans must have considered jesus a threat to Rome... a rebel or terrorist.... the jews could not have demanded a crucifixion for religious reasons.... The Jews themselves thought jesus was there to lead a revolution against the Romans.... a lot of the Gospels is unhistoric... for instance, the so-called tradition of freeing a criminal for Passover... nowhere in contemporary records is this mentioned... except in the Gospels... and there is good evidence that the bar Rabbi (or Barrabus to give him his Romanised name) that the Jews shouted their support for, was Jesus himself.... jesus was the son of a rabbi ("carpenter being first century aramaic slang for "Rabbi...")

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 12:20 AM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I didn'T know that, that is great to know though.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 12:38 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KPrince
I Just Can't Win.

God is not a "bad guy". He is the Creator. In the beginning, he created man, but he did not create man without a will. Man chose to disobey God and that is the reason why the world is in the state that it is in...it was man's choice to bring evil on himself, not God.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 12:56 AM
KPrince is currently offline Click here to Send KPrince a Private Message Find more posts by KPrince Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xeous
The Next.

Why is it that everything good that happens is because of "God's will" and everything bad that happens isn't...It's because "God gave us free will and we led ourselves to that moment"...

Religious people are such a broken record...

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 02:00 AM
xeous is currently offline Click here to Send xeous a Private Message Find more posts by xeous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fiery Eyes

Re: is 'GOD' a bad guy.

quote:
Originally posted by eleveninches
Assuming that there is a 'god' thing:

Can it be assumed that he IS a villain.

How can people say that he was responsible for the creation of realitty and the universe, but he wasnt responsible for things like the holocaust.

If he existed, then he should be either responsible for EVERYTHING or NOTHING. There should not be a god that is respnsible for some things, but not others.

If he is responsible for nothing, then he is not worth worshipping and not worth being categorised as a god.
If he is responsible for everything, then he is responsible for things like the holocaust, and he does not deserve to be worshipped or categorised as a god.

No, God is not a bad God. We have choices in life, we are not his robots. He made us to fellowship w/him, we have a choice rather or not we want to or not.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 03:20 AM
Fiery Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Fiery Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Fiery Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

We indeeed have free will (maybe)
But that doesn'T have anything to do with God. I think both the good as weel as the bad things are partly created by men and by nature.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 12:33 PM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Re: is 'GOD' a bad guy.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by eleveninches
Assuming that there is a 'god' thing:

Can it be assumed that he IS a villain.

How can people say that he was responsible for the creation of realitty and the universe, but he wasnt responsible for things like the holocaust.

If he existed, then he should be either responsible for EVERYTHING or NOTHING. There should not be a god that is respnsible for some things, but not others.

If he is responsible for nothing, then he is not worth worshipping and not worth being categorised as a god.
If he is responsible for everything, then he is responsible for things like the holocaust, and he does not deserve to be worshipped or categorised as a god.

God isn't responsible for moronic things Humans do.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 09:25 PM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Re: Re: is 'GOD' a bad guy.

Originally posted by JLRTENJAC
God isn't responsible for moronic things Humans do.

Humans are part of God.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 10:10 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Re: Re: Re: is 'GOD' a bad guy.

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Humans are part of God.

Oh...Shaky...you're so smart....yes we are parts of God...all of us..

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 10:20 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cking
King of the muscle shirts

are you sure?

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 04:44 AM
cking is currently offline Click here to Send cking a Private Message Find more posts by cking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Originally posted by Bardock42
We indeeed have free will (maybe)
But that doesn'T have anything to do with God. I think both the good as weel as the bad things are partly created by men and by nature.

We have free will...the labels we put on things are created by man..The thing we call god, or entity or spirit or nature is a creative force and we are also parts of a creative force...It's our choice...no coercion to do one or the other besides your own conscious....It's supposed to be a learning thing...listening to your conscious...some just don't learn much.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 02:01 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Atlantis001
The one without a name

God must be the ultimate aspect of reality, it must trancend every definable concept like good or evil. If we could reduce god to one of this concepts he would be a limited god.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 03:28 PM
Atlantis001 is currently offline Click here to Send Atlantis001 a Private Message Find more posts by Atlantis001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Yes...the god/or what ever you want to call it...it the "all there is", including us...It's the ultimate energy creative force....no judgements...just creative force...

Also know as the "Law of Attaction"....It's attracted to ourselves and our thoughts...you attract what you think about....It's a creative force.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 03:41 PM