KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » SMALLVILLE-losing its touch

SMALLVILLE-losing its touch
Started by: Beastro

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eclipso
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah it's also getting cheesy and yeah at this age he's supposed to be travelling the world.

Eclipso's Sigs My Script Sig Duels W:2 L:0

Old Post Jan 1st, 2007 05:23 AM
Eclipso is currently offline Click here to Send Eclipso a Private Message Find more posts by Eclipso Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Thank god that next season is going to be its last season.I wish it was this year but at least after next year they will finally put this show out of its misery.When you kill off Jonathan Kent its time for sure to end the show.His presence is badly missed and the show has REALLY gone downhill since then.I've gotten to the point where i only tape record the shows and watch the scenes with Lana in them now.just fastforward through all the other scenes.they've run out of clever ideas now so they feel the need to go and kill off one of the main characters just for the sake of it being the 100th episode. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Last edited by Mr Parker on Jan 3rd, 2007 at 05:44 PM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2007 05:42 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JaxN

bring back jonothan kent!!!

Old Post Jan 4th, 2007 03:21 AM
JaxN is currently offline Click here to Send JaxN a Private Message Find more posts by JaxN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kracka

Ok, first of all, I'm new to these forums,and I gotta say, I like them alot.

Second, I started watching smallville a few years back. I used to hate it with a passion. My buddy loved it, watched religously, and always tried to get me to watch. I always said no way, that shows dumb. He used to claim to be the biggest superman fan, though the guy never even read a superman comic in his life. So that right away, made me hate the show. Im not sure why, but it did. Either way, eventually i broke down, and watched a few episodes with him. Next thing I know, I got into the show and watched it every week.

Now, before i watched the show, i didnt like it because I thought it butchered the Superman storyline I knew, but, I soon got over myself and realized this is simply just a seperate storyline in one of the many superman universes. So, i watched the show regularly until last season. Then I started watching less and less, and this season, i'm also watching less and less, simply becaues im finding it harder and harder to do. I think in the beginning the show just caught my attention and held it for a bit, but I've almost completely lost all interest in the show. Im realizing more and more how much the show actually does fail in comparison to shows like Lost, 24, the Shield, and even shows more comedy orientated like Scrubs or the Office. All of these shows, in my opinion(keyword there people-OPINION) have far better writing as well as acting. Even from the beginning, I always thought the acting in smallville was rather cheezy and for lack of a better word...crappy. Even when I did watch it week in and out, I still never thought it was the best show on television. I would always , and s till do now, get in debates with my buddy about how its NOT the best show on television. How shows like the ones I previously mentioned outshined them. Perfect example in my opinion is this,shows like Lost and 24 and scrubs are all up for Grammys. Where is smallville? Its not even on that last. At this point, the best show on the WB, or whatever its called now, is Supernatural.

Last edited by King Kracka on Jan 15th, 2007 at 07:47 PM

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 07:45 PM
King Kracka is currently offline Click here to Send King Kracka a Private Message Find more posts by King Kracka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tomliang

Yeah.....how can those producers kill jonothan kent and still let this show run... It really doesn't make any sense.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 09:24 AM
tomliang is currently offline Click here to Send tomliang a Private Message Find more posts by tomliang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tomliang

The story of superman should give people warmth and hope. I am a zealous fan of superman but everytime after I watched the epsidoes, it made me disappointed again and again....... The only thing they did well is to bring Chloe Sullivan this character into the show.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 09:31 AM
tomliang is currently offline Click here to Send tomliang a Private Message Find more posts by tomliang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tomliang

They even make Lana Lang more like Lois Lane and creat a new weird Lois Lane came out from middle of nowhere. How about switching characters which Kristin Kreuk and Erica Durance are playing? Opps...awkward............ laughing

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 09:40 AM
Mr Parker

thank god next year is its last year and I can finally be put out of my misery from this pathetic show that lost its magic after the fourth year. Happy Dance

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 12:57 AM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tomliang
Yeah.....how can those producers kill jonothan kent and still let this show run... It really doesn't make any sense.

yeah that was when the show lost its magic for sure.it has really gone downhill major big time SINCE then.reminds me of beverly hills 90210 when their preants left the show,it was wayyyy too soon and the show was already beginning to suck before that anways-same pattern here,the fourth season wasnt near as good as the first 3 but was still enjoyable,but jonathan dying,ruined the whole show,thank god they are doing the right thing and putting it out of its misery next year.would be better thsi year but better late than never.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 01:00 AM
~JP~
yeah baby

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 09:55 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Originally posted by ~JP~

big grin

PWNT

Old Post Jan 9th, 2008 05:31 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Amazon

I personally think Smallville is getting better. The first few seasons were mostly freak of the week episodes and Clark fawning over Lana. Now everyone is more mature and there is a history. The drama is a lot more intense now I think. At least for a show about superman.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2008 06:36 PM
Amazon is currently offline Click here to Send Amazon a Private Message Find more posts by Amazon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

smallville is not losing it's touch, the end.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2008 09:48 PM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

I think its losing its touch, definitely doesn't interest me liked it used to. It was my absolute favorite show till the last year or two, now its dropped to like my fourth. Its just same old shit time and time again. Clark refusing to growing up, Clark crying over Lana, Lana crying over Clark, Lana being a life sucking *****, season long story arks that get wrapped up in one episode with little to no repercussions later.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2008 10:23 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I think Smallville lost its touch when they decided to have Sam Jones 111 and then Chloe find out about Clark before Lana did. Also the "no fly rule" stinks since Kara flies and at some point when the show leaves the air waves then Clark should don the tights and fly. Also the show lost some continuity by having Lionel find out and they kill Martha out. I think the show should be written a little better, then maybe Smallville can gain back what it once had.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 9th, 2008 10:57 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

Considering new shows rarely come on anymore, I agree

Old Post Jan 9th, 2008 11:36 PM
Blue_Hefner is currently offline Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

i agree that its losing its touch, has been since season 5

its like im watching the same thing over and over sort of. but i'm dedicated enough to keep watching

TGFwashere

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 12:57 AM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Amazon
I personally think Smallville is getting better. The first few seasons were mostly freak of the week episodes and Clark fawning over Lana. Now everyone is more mature and there is a history. The drama is a lot more intense now I think. At least for a show about superman.
thumb down

Old Post Jan 17th, 2008 01:12 AM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
I think Smallville lost its touch when they decided to have Sam Jones 111 and then Chloe find out about Clark before Lana did. Also the "no fly rule" stinks since Kara flies and at some point when the show leaves the air waves then Clark should don the tights and fly. Also the show lost some continuity by having Lionel find out and they kill Martha out. I think the show should be written a little better, then maybe Smallville can gain back what it once had.

yeah thats a major reason why the show has lost its touch.The show got so redicules when everybody in the world started finding out his identity. mad It was okay for sam to find out,but they should have left it at that.instead we first had sam,then Chloe,then Lionel,now Lana.yeah they should never have had Lionel and Chloe find out about his identity.Naw smallville is beyond repair now with Jonathan being gone.thank god their finally ending it next year.Put this show out of its misery.

Last edited by Mr Parker on Jan 17th, 2008 at 01:19 AM

Old Post Jan 17th, 2008 01:17 AM
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

It definitely lost its touch. I orinally needed to catch ever episode. Now its the show where I will watch if nothing else is on. Its barely average. At least I have the wire for the final season.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Jan 27th, 2008 10:26 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote